FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> July 11th - WOLFEN
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:20 am  Reply with quote

i love that the mention he had a drinking problem but he still drinks quite a bit.....better then now were the most likely route taken would be rehab or something like it
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:21 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
ppl smoking inside an office seems so strange now
Personally, I like seeing it. I'm not and never have been a smoker, but I'm irritated by the whitewash. It's sad that characters like J.Jonah Jameson, The Thing and Wolverine, who were known for their stogies, are never seen with them anymore.

Amen. I tell ya, Joe Q deserves a slap for the whole no smoking in marvel comics thing. I love it when artists sneak it in though.
Well, really, they started that in the mid to late '90s, I think, before he took over. But you can still slap him for that One More Day bullshit, if you want. Very Happy

I'll slap him for both.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:23 am  Reply with quote

I'm the only one who believes that some of this music ended up in "Star Trek 2" and "Aliens"? I know James Horner did all the scores, so did he have leftovers or is he just lazy?
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:24 am  Reply with quote

pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Personally, I like seeing it. I'm not and never have been a smoker, but I'm irritated by the whitewash. It's sad that characters like J.Jonah Jameson, The Thing and Wolverine, who were known for their stogies, are never seen with them anymore.

Amen. I tell ya, Joe Q deserves a slap for the whole no smoking in marvel comics thing. I love it when artists sneak it in though.
Well, really, they started that in the mid to late '90s, I think, before he took over. But you can still slap him for that One More Day bullshit, if you want. Very Happy

I'll slap him for both.
Sounds good to me. I'm probably wrong about the smoking thing anyway. And slap him for allowing the Ghost Rider movie to be made under his watch. I don't care if he could have stopped it or not, he should have at least tried.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:28 am  Reply with quote

No way in hell would I be going up there. I don't do heights.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:28 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

I'll slap him for both.
Sounds good to me. I'm probably wrong about the smoking thing anyway. And slap him for allowing the Ghost Rider movie to be made under his watch. I don't care if he could have stopped it or not, he should have at least tried.

Ugh, that movie. I would've shut it off if it hadn't been so fun to watch my sister vent pure rage at the screen.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:32 am  Reply with quote

kinda distracted by I is here
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:34 am  Reply with quote

pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

I'll slap him for both.

Ugh, that movie. I would've shut it off if it hadn't been so fun to watch my sister vent pure rage at the screen.
Only movie in recent years to piss me off more than House of the Dead.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:34 am  Reply with quote

Have to admit, I'm surprised how much of this I haven't seen. I only ever see bits and pieces during Monsterfest each year.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:35 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
kinda distracted by I is here
I was just going to ask where you went.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:36 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

I'll slap him for both.

Pissed off at "House of the Dead"? I thought it was the comedic masterpiece of this decade. Wink
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:37 am  Reply with quote

Here comes the sexy.

ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:38 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Here comes the sexy.

oh yeah
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:39 am  Reply with quote

i hope at some point he reenacts this scene on battle star....it would be fantastic
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:39 am  Reply with quote

pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

I'll slap him for both.

Pissed off at "House of the Dead"? I thought it was the comedic masterpiece of this decade. Wink
I paid to see it. In the theater. Discounted, but still... ugh.