FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Sony has lost over $3 billion on the PS3
Cash Bailey
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:51 pm  Reply with quote

Well it really has no impact on Japan as only about 9 people in Japan own a 360.

This was a decision made purely for the North American and European markets. So I'm sure the Japanese won't give a shit as that country lives in a Sony-centric bubble when it comes to gaming.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:21 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
http://ffxiii360.ytmnd.com/

This is why I stopped going to E3...
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:02 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:

That is indeed the stupidest I've read all week.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:43 pm  Reply with quote

This is what I mean when people ask me what a virgin sounds like.
xer0signal
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:52 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:
But they have MGS ... the 10 hour game with 2 hours of gameplay!

It's not really that bad, is it?
And how did you like Too Human? I though it was kinda cool, but feels weird not controlling the camera with the RS. I'll have to get used to it, since it's the only Diablo type game on 360. No, I'm not counting Marvel UA or that GODAWFUL Kingdom Under Fire.

Yeah, it IS that bad. One cut scene alone was 1.5 hours. You, honestly, spend more time watching movies than playing the game.

Even when you do get to play, all you have to do to progress through a level is just run! How it keeps getting these perfect scores amazes me.

this is definitely the opinion of someone who not only didn't play the whole game (maybe not at all?) and also has no idea what the MGS series is even about.

"what's the deal with this game!?!? you're supposed to hide!!!? NO WAY"
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 pm  Reply with quote

Oh my God, it;s Kaz Hirai.
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:58 pm  Reply with quote

Oh my God, it's Kaz Hirai.
MagusMaleficus
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:30 am  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:

That dude needs to taste some fuckin' vag, and fast.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:33 am  Reply with quote

xer0signal wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:
But they have MGS ... the 10 hour game with 2 hours of gameplay!

It's not really that bad, is it?
And how did you like Too Human? I though it was kinda cool, but feels weird not controlling the camera with the RS. I'll have to get used to it, since it's the only Diablo type game on 360. No, I'm not counting Marvel UA or that GODAWFUL Kingdom Under Fire.

Yeah, it IS that bad. One cut scene alone was 1.5 hours. You, honestly, spend more time watching movies than playing the game.

Even when you do get to play, all you have to do to progress through a level is just run! How it keeps getting these perfect scores amazes me.

this is definitely the opinion of someone who not only didn't play the whole game (maybe not at all?) and also has no idea what the MGS series is even about.

"what's the deal with this game!?!? you're supposed to hide!!!? NO WAY"

Why thank you for that well informed opinion about my statement. Wait, nevermind ... I did play through the whole game as well as previous entries of the series. I've skipped Portable Ops and Acid along with the couple other handheld titles, but my bases are covered as far as consoles are concerned.

So, because I complain about watching more videos than actually playing the game that means I have no idea what's going on in MG? I followed the story quite well and was eagerly awaiting it to all come to a head for what, a decade now?

But I purchased a game and fully expected to be playing some of it, or at least more of it than I did. In most other MG games, I've felt that I needed to sneak in order to survive. Here, it was all too easy to get from point A to point B without having to set traps or even use my tranq gun.
Holiday
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:52 pm  Reply with quote

Friend of mine bought a ps3. Really good if you don't have a PC as it relies way too much on internet content. Also it crashes continuously, it's region locked and it's blu-ray if you don't mind twice the price for the same non blu ray disc. As he put it " a very expensive learning experience"
Impure159
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2008 11:42 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Poor Sony is right. What do they have? Uncharted? MGS4? Lair? Good games, but nothing to make me buy a system over. Then again, I don't have Halo or GoW either. But I'll tell you what I do have: KotoR, Jade Empire, Fable, Doom 3, Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden. Never had a Xbox, so the backwards compatability sold me. Sad thing is, PS3 is the more powerfull machine, yet literally nobody I know has one. If they did, I'd be there playing Resistance. Hear that's a good one. Oh well, the Wii will dominate all with it's shovelware and kiddie games.

How do you play Kotor on the 360? I played the hell out of both on the original and tried playing Sith lords on my 360 but it was so slow and choppy I just couldn't bring myself to keep going, maybe it's just my copies but they abrely work on the 360.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:06 am  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
frank_dracman wrote:
Poor Sony is right. What do they have? Uncharted? MGS4? Lair? Good games, but nothing to make me buy a system over. Then again, I don't have Halo or GoW either. But I'll tell you what I do have: KotoR, Jade Empire, Fable, Doom 3, Crimson Skies and Ninja Gaiden. Never had a Xbox, so the backwards compatability sold me. Sad thing is, PS3 is the more powerfull machine, yet literally nobody I know has one. If they did, I'd be there playing Resistance. Hear that's a good one. Oh well, the Wii will dominate all with it's shovelware and kiddie games.

How do you play Kotor on the 360? I played the hell out of both on the original and tried playing Sith lords on my 360 but it was so slow and choppy I just couldn't bring myself to keep going, maybe it's just my copies but they abrely work on the 360.

Having never played them on a regular XBOX, I don't have anything to compare them to. I just thought the games were a little slow and glitchy, but it could be that I'm playing on 360. Still playable and a hell of a lot of fun. Remember how you could tell a diferance on PSX games that you played on the PS2? My guess is the same thing applies here.