FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Watch Thread: May 2: "28 Days Later."
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:06 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I like this movie quite a bit. A whole big lot, in fact, but I still bristle at all the reviews that claimed it was so fresh and new and original, since so much of the scenes in this movie seem identical to scenes in Day/Dawn of the Dead.

Sadly True. Although you could probably find a great deal of little flicks that served as inspiration as well. I think it's that most people either haven't seen those movies or they just fall asleep during them, like me. Never once made it through "Dawn" or "Day" without a quick nap.
Still, damn fine movie.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I like this movie quite a bit. A whole big lot, in fact, but I still bristle at all the reviews that claimed it was so fresh and new and original, since so much of the scenes in this movie seem identical to scenes in Day/Dawn of the Dead.
I can't remember for sure but I think Doyle said he intentionally did that. I could be wrong.
It doesn't really matter. I like Boyle and I like this movie. There's a lot worse films he could've borrowed from. I just get irritated with film critics writing articles and seemingly not knowing what they're talking about.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:09 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
Also: Robert Carlyle was offered the role of Major West. Nice to note since he pops up in the second movie.

I did not know that. Carlyle was great in Ravenous. I agree!
I LOVE Ravenous.
As do I. A truly underrated movie. I think the last time I saw it was here. Shocked Been awhile. I agree!
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:11 am  Reply with quote

tiny bit more trivia: One day. the stage hands forgot to clean up the bodies in the pit. A local woman saw them and called the cops who then interrogated the crew about their activities.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:11 am  Reply with quote

pooflingerus wrote:
tiny bit more trivia: One day. the stage hands forgot to clean up the bodies in the pit. A local woman saw them and called the cops who then interrogated the crew about their activities.
Laughing
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:12 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
I can't remember for sure but I think Doyle said he intentionally did that. I could be wrong.
It doesn't really matter. I like Boyle and I like this movie. There's a lot worse films he could've borrowed from. I just get irritated with film critics writing articles and seemingly not knowing what they're talking about.
Did everyone catch 28 Weeks Later? I haven't seen it since the theater. I enjoyed the hell out of it when I saw it. Curious to see if it still wows me.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:12 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:
Also: Robert Carlyle was offered the role of Major West. Nice to note since he pops up in the second movie.

I LOVE Ravenous.
As do I. A truly underrated movie. I think the last time I saw it was here. Shocked Been awhile. I agree!
You can still occasionally find that DVD for $2-$3. Very underrated.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:13 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:

there's the old saying; Those who don't know, critique.
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:15 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
Did everyone catch 28 Weeks Later? I haven't seen it since the theater. I enjoyed the hell out of it when I saw it. Curious to see if it still wows me.
I watched once in the theater and once at home. Not quite as good at home as that first time in the theater, but still holds up well enough.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:15 am  Reply with quote

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:

I LOVE Ravenous.
It's been awhile since I've heard anything about it but I believe the director for Ravenous and Carlyle are supposed to be doing a movie based on the infamous 19 th century English body snatchers...whose names escape me at the moment.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:16 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:

I LOVE Ravenous.
It's been awhile since I've heard anything about it but I believe the director for Ravenous and Carlyle are supposed to be doing a movie based on the infamous 19 th century English body snatchers...whose names escape me at the moment.

yep, just checked it. It's called "The Meat Trade."
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:17 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:

We''l have to give that one a run during the summer.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:18 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:

I LOVE Ravenous.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0466235/
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:18 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
pooflingerus wrote:

I LOVE Ravenous.
Burke and Hare? Gotta love google. Nice!
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 2:19 am  Reply with quote

Laughing Love the blood puke.