Phil Kost
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 1:27 am  Reply with quote

Quote:
SPOOKS TP
Author: Ryan Schifrin & Larry Hama
Story: R.A. Salvatore, Geno Salvatore and Ryan Schifrin
Artist: Adam Archer & Jonny Rench
Cover Artists: Greg Staples
This is the untold story of SPOOKS, the secret branch of the government that protects humanity from things that go bump in the night! But when the king of vampires forms an alliance with the deadliest of witches to launch an invasion of classic monsters on Washington, D.C, the Spooks find themselves in an all-out battle for the fate of the planet!
SC, 7x10, 144pgs, FC $18.99
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:13 am  Reply with quote

Reading all three issues, I can't say I was a fan. It had some great stuff in it (that frankenstein vs. the helicopter bit was funny) but otherwise I didn't love it. I hope the series is better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Phil Kost
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:21 pm  Reply with quote

TPB is due in stores 23JUL.
Ryan Schifrin
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2008 6:39 pm  Reply with quote
SPOOKS Staff

I got my hands on the TPB last week, and I'm REALLY happy with it. They did a gorgeous printing job, and it was very satisfying to hold a year of work all nicely bound together. I've been carrying it around with me like Linus with his blanket.

I hope you guys like it, we tried to fill it with as many goodies as possible. Neil Marshall wrote a very nice forward to the book - which was a huge honor. Along with the first 4 issues of SPOOKS, we also included deleted and extended scenes. A director's cut, if you will. It's about 8 extra pages of story not found in the comics. We also put all the hero and villain bios in, including new ones made just for the TPB. Geno Salvatore wrote an original short story for us, which Adam Archer illustrated. Rounding it out is a cover gallery, and an 8 page preview of the new SPOOKS: Omega Team monthly series.

Larry Hama, Adam Archer and myself will all be down at the San Diego Comic Con doing signings and a panel so please stop by and say 'hi'!
Phil Kost
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 pm  Reply with quote

I got my copy today (I went the Amazon route this time)

And I LOVE THIS TPB!!!!

SPOOKS is just a fun story to read and it was great to see the additional pages and profiles added. I still need to read the prose story, but to end the TPB with the an Omega Team sneak peek was awesome!

Anyway, I look forward to more SPOOKS done the line.