FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Grindhouse in its entireity tonight
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Texas Horror wrote:
I'd love to see the trailers. Too bad I don't have Starz.

I got it last week. I can shoot you a copy if you like. PM me.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

thedudeabides wrote:
Machete was too hip for it's own good.

I dunno, I like the concept. Plus, Cheech is great in it.

"...I'll see what I can do."

And Werewolf Women Of The SS wins because it took two exploitation concepts and mashed them together, and because anyone who casts Nic Cage to play Fu Manchu is tits in my book.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Impure159
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't see this when it was on but they have it on the On-Demand menu now so I watched Planet Terror and the trailers today then turned it off when Death Proof comes on, I'd never seen Plant Terror in entirety before.
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:03 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Texas Horror wrote:

Nah. I don't want you to go to all that trouble just for the trailers. I'm gonna eventually buy both flicks, since I enjoyed them both.

Hopefully when the trailers are included some day.

Plus I've got the youtube link loading that frank posted loading right now.

But thanks for the offer though. It was cool of you to do so.

What do you have by the way? Dish? Direct?

I've been thinking of adding on Starz and Encore. They come together don't they? If I remember correctly they cost like 10 or 12 bucks for about the same amount of channels right?
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:08 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:
Texas Horror wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KmckBc0aG3M
Not the best quality, but you get the idea. Very Happy

Thanks Drac. Got it loading. I should be able to watch it sometime next week. Damn Dial up. Laughing
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 10:29 pm  Reply with quote

Texas Horror wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Texas Horror wrote:

Nah. I don't want you to go to all that trouble just for the trailers. I'm gonna eventually buy both flicks, since I enjoyed them both.

Hopefully when the trailers are included some day.

Plus I've got the youtube link loading that frank posted loading right now.

But thanks for the offer though. It was cool of you to do so.

What do you have by the way? Dish? Direct?

I've been thinking of adding on Starz and Encore. They come together don't they? If I remember correctly they cost like 10 or 12 bucks for about the same amount of channels right?

Time Warner Cable. I added Encore for about 5 bucks more, but yeah, that sounds right.

And it's no trouble at all. Doesn't take much for me to send a disc, trust me. The offer's still there, if you want it, because I have no idea how long it'll take for the official Grindhouse release in this country (hey, how's that Kill Bill Complete collection coming along, Dimension? Very Happy )

Texas Horror
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 1:15 pm  Reply with quote

Where they supposed to be putting a special edition out? I wish one would be released. I'm about to break down and buy the seperate copies.
Rorschach
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:02 pm  Reply with quote

I think there WAS talk of a complete edition being released overseas.

Don't know what happened with it.

And now I have that closing title song, "Chick Habit" stuck in my head.
Tsotha-lanti
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:56 pm  Reply with quote

thedudeabides wrote:
Machete was too hip for it's own good.

I've been too hip for my own good for the last couple of years. Took me this long to discover it, and I paid the price of annoying a lot of people. Neutral

Apparenly lots of us go through such a phase in high school or college... and some never grow out of it. Those are very scary people.
I've got a wheel inside my head,
The wheel of understanding!
Rorschach
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 7:58 pm  Reply with quote

As for the DEATH PROOF extended cut being too long...I'm glad that they included Ferlito's lapdance, since I think she's one of the hottest babes out there right now. However, in exchange for inserting THAT, they should have cut that opening monologue by about the same length of time.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:49 pm  Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
As for the DEATH PROOF extended cut being too long...I'm glad that they included Ferlito's lapdance, since I think she's one of the hottest babes out there right now. However, in exchange for inserting THAT, they should have cut that opening monologue by about the same length of time.

They could have cut a lot, sadly. The first half with those chicks could have had ten or fifteen minutes shaved off. The motion began when we were introduced to the Hollywood chicks and then the dynamic becomes better.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:50 pm  Reply with quote

Texas Horror wrote:
Where they supposed to be putting a special edition out? I wish one would be released. I'm about to break down and buy the seperate copies.

Hold on, man! Trust me. That's their plan to suck money from us.

I'm holding tight. I really am.

I want the versions as they were in theaters.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 9:48 pm  Reply with quote

I'm tryin man. I'm tryin.

I've become better with self restraint as far as movies go. If nothing else, the price always comes way down. And there aren't ANY movies I have to have immediatly upon DVD release. And there are very few that I feel the need to have a SE of.

I waited on "Country", now it's like 15 bucks at DDDVD. I don't see it getting much cheaper anytime soon.

I'm gonna try to hold off a while on "The Mist".

But dammit, I don't know if I can wait much longer for "Kill Bill 1 and 2". The price is more than right. I think they are like 10 bucks each. It just recently dropped.

But if there is any chance of a SE being released well, it's one that I'd like to have.
Rorschach
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:24 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

They could have cut a lot, sadly. The first half with those chicks could have had ten or fifteen minutes shaved off. The motion began when we were introduced to the Hollywood chicks and then the dynamic becomes better.

Agreed, and that's exactly what I was getting at. Those first ladies' story, and the interaction with Stuntman Mike and McGowan's character could have been SEVERELY curttailed, and nothing of interest would have been lost. It seems like that first half of DEATH PROOF was Tarantino masturbatingly indulging himself, and the second half is when the film comes into it's own and actually wakes up.
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 12:41 am  Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
Terminal wrote:
Rorschach wrote:

Agreed, and that's exactly what I was getting at. Those first ladies' story, and the interaction with Stuntman Mike and McGowan's character could have been SEVERELY curttailed, and nothing of interest would have been lost. It seems like that first half of DEATH PROOF was Tarantino masturbatingly indulging himself, and the second half is when the film comes into it's own and actually wakes up.

While I agree Tarantino was just indulging himself with the stupid Eli Roth monologue, and a lot of the vapid exchanges, I think he just vainly attempted to show the kind of women Stuntman Mike adored. These women were dumb, very sexy, and of course he had an obsession with Julia, who was a celebrity. All of which is pretty vaguely written.

Only in the second half do the undertones arise. Strong women, hollywood women, successful women, and two stuntwomen who Mike assumed were push overs because, as he states, Hollywood uses mostly CGI. He came across a wonderful car driver, and a warrior women in Zoe Bell and he just wasn't prepared.

The second half and its themes are much better than the first half. Screw that, he could have shaved off twenty minutes, you're right.