FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Tales From The Darkside
Pennywise
PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

I don't know where else to post this, so I'll just put it here. I'm sure I not the only one that has been watching the Darkside, and Monsters eps Wangho had been uploading to youtube, but unfortunately the copyright police have apparently been around and have erased all the videos and his user account. At least that's how it appears. Damnit, back to never seeing this great show again. Annoyed
Ghoulie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 3:51 am  Reply with quote

DUDE THAT SUCKS!

I don't understand why those shmos get so upset if someone has good enough taste to show a classic series that "they" won't put back on the air. I know its all about the money and that wonderful trademark shit, but somehow I also think its an ego thing as well. I think this is because "they" run crap nowadays and don't want us to know that they used to run quality shows, and have no creative ability whatsoever-much like the slobs at THC who let the "real" strength, which is Dread Central, go. I support "Tales from the Darkside" all the way. If these suits want to make a few bucks-how about letting US have a couple of Darkside DVDs.

Corporates-big on money...LITTLE ELSE

This fuckin sucks
Renfield Annoyed
Pennywise
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:21 am  Reply with quote

What I really don't get is that I have NEVER even seen this show or monsters mentioned for dvd, heck I can't even find any info on who owns the rights, yet someone must have whined until they were removed. Now if someone cares enough to upload them to youtube, and there is enough fan demand that people will watch them in old vhs quality from the internet, why can't the company that owns the shows put out an official dvd release if they don't want them uploaded to the net. I hadn't seen an episode of this show in years before these were uploaded to youtube, and I guess now I'm back to not seeing for another long while. As a big Darkside, Monsters and anthology show fan in general, I would like to offer a supersized FUCK YOU to whoever took away our only avenue to view these old favorites. I fucking hate corporations.
Ghoulie
PostPosted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:47 pm  Reply with quote

Ok, I am going to mark down the Darkside episodes which I found to be the creme de la creme. Maybe some are and well...maybe not. I guess if anyone is a real Darkside fan, there will be something to drool over in some of these. Here goes!

1. Circus- with a real creepy looking Nosferatu vampire!
2. Baker's Dozen-Voodoo with bite!
3. I'll Give You A Million-we have two wealthy souls and one devil. Guess who takes them....
4. Meet The Geezenstacks- A Doll House that haunts a pre Nightmare on Elm Street 3 Craig Wasson!
5. Trick or Treat-The Pilot episode-check out a pre ALF Max Wright!
6. Halloween Candy-Directed by Tom Savini!
7. Pain Killer-The guy in red makes another round
8. The Last Car-If you're dead-how do you really know? Get on
this train.
9. Seasons of Belief- Yep, the classic "Grith.."-uh-I think you know
the one. with E.G. Marshall from Creepshow!
10. Madness Room-Half Hitchcock/Half Twilight Zone-All Darkside!

------------------------------------------------------------------
I LOVE THAT SHOW! Twisted Evil
Renfield!
GORY_CREEPSHOW
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:41 am  Reply with quote

That's lame, i was hoping to watch "hole", esp from monsters again. From what i understand youtube is notify about someone breaking the copyright rules. So, some ass most likely gave youtube the heads up and now there gone. Dam!