FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Friday, February 29th: Severance
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:05 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

A second reference to Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) it's the ending song, "We'll Meet Again," played at the end of both films. The version played in "Severance" is a hard rock version, however.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 198

Friday the 13 XI: Saving Jason Voorhees. (Set in a womens prison of course)!! Nice idea guys!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Well said!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

LeeTheAgent wrote:
Jim_McD wrote:
I want to see a movie where they start out filthy and covered in blood and gradually get cleaner.
Like... a women in prison movie? Gotta love the shower scenes...
CHAINED HEAT!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LeeTheAgent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1513

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
A second reference to Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) it's the ending song, "We'll Meet Again," played at the end of both films. The version played in "Severance" is a hard rock version, however.
We need to have a discussion about what is or is not hard rock... Confused
_________________
An environment of pervasive credulity is incompatible with a healthy democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
LeeTheAgent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1513

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
LeeTheAgent wrote:
Jim_McD wrote:
I want to see a movie where they start out filthy and covered in blood and gradually get cleaner.
Like... a women in prison movie? Gotta love the shower scenes...
CHAINED HEAT!
You read my mind... Embarassed
_________________
An environment of pervasive credulity is incompatible with a healthy democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:06 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 198

Gotta say that machinegun recoil woulda been better if she hadn't been wearing the jacket.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeTheAgent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1513

Jim_McD wrote:
Friday the 13 XI: Saving Jason Voorhees. (Set in a womens prison of course)!! Nice idea guys!
I'll phone my agent in the morning!
_________________
An environment of pervasive credulity is incompatible with a healthy democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

Jim_McD wrote:
Gotta say that machinegun recoil woulda been better if she hadn't been wearing the jacket.
Hey hey hey!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

LeeTheAgent wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
A second reference to Stanley Kubrick's Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964) it's the ending song, "We'll Meet Again," played at the end of both films. The version played in "Severance" is a hard rock version, however.
We need to have a discussion about what is or is not hard rock... Confused
Haha! I just copy/pasted that before it even started playing for me.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:07 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 198

Awesome movie guys, thanks! Probably never woulda found it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:08 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

Glad I made it tonight guys. Had fun as always.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LeeTheAgent
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:08 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1513

Yeah, fun movie, I've gotta rewatch it later to catch all the references.
_________________
An environment of pervasive credulity is incompatible with a healthy democracy.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Jan 2008
Posts: 198

Yeah, great movie, real fun. Someday we'll have to try it with a voice chat.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2008 3:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

If you get a chance to check the special features the guy that played Steve is pretty damn funny.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 12 of 13
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Dread Central Cinema

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum