FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Friday Feb. 15 - Hitchcock's Family Plot
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:19 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
and we look into the crystal ball
I looked at one once and it said,"What are you lookin' at, bitch?" I never looked at another one again.

they can be a little moody, best to knock first
Good point. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:20 am  Reply with quote

Wait a second ... she's faking it isn't she?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:21 am  Reply with quote

I saw a psychic once...it was laughable how wrong she was....it was at a party and everyone else was like "oh she knows so much...she really revealed things to me." and I was just sitting there going wow she was cold reading and doing a crap job at that
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:23 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:

yeah in the movie she's a fraud, in the book it was based on she had genuine psychic powers but Hitchcock liked the idea that she was a fraud having to solve this mystery
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:24 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
I saw a psychic once...it was laughable how wrong she was....it was at a party and everyone else was like "oh she knows so much...she really revealed things to me." and I was just sitting there going wow she was cold reading and doing a crap job at that
I had an ex girlfriend that went to one and she had taped it. The thing about the psychic was that she spoke in a general way so that it was easy for someone to interpret it anyway they wanted. I was listening to the tape and I could tell she wasn't saying anything. I think when you're in front of them and they put the act on it's easy to distract people.

We're too smart. Cool
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:26 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

yeah in the movie she's a fraud, in the book it was based on she had genuine psychic powers but Hitchcock liked the idea that she was a fraud having to solve this mystery
I could see how it could go either way. Probably for the sake of the film it would take a little too much to have to sell the fact that she was really psychic.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:26 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
I had an ex girlfriend that went to one and she had taped it. The thing about the psychic was that she spoke in a general way so that it was easy for someone to interpret it anyway they wanted. I was listening to the tape and I could tell she wasn't saying anything. I think when you're in front of them and they put the act on it's easy to distract people.

We're too smart. Cool

yeah I know what you mean, I was 19 when I saw her and she gave me what must have been her stock pile teen reading...telling me that I had to watch out about std's and what not......it was ridiculas
~IC
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:27 am  Reply with quote

I'm not too late am I?
I forgot it was Friday night
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:27 am  Reply with quote

Bruce Dern You are a God!
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:28 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

We're too smart. Cool

yeah I know what you mean, I was 19 when I saw her and she gave me what must have been her stock pile teen reading...telling me that I had to watch out about std's and what not......it was ridiculas
Holy shit that's funny!
ImTheMoon

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

I could see how it could go either way. Probably for the sake of the film it would take a little too much to have to sell the fact that she was really psychic.

i think her being a fake adds to the parallel between the 2 couples each work as a duo who use subterfuge to get what they want
Gory

~IC wrote:
I'm not too late am I?
I forgot it was Friday night
IC!!!! Rock!

We're a few minutes into it if you have the movie. Mr. Green
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

We're too smart. Cool

Holy shit that's funny!

yeah maybe she thought I was gonna get psychic syphilis
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:29 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

i think her being a fake adds to the parallel between the 2 couples each work as a duo who use subterfuge to get what they want
That too. Mr. Green
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:30 am  Reply with quote

oh man rear screen projection, it's a lost art