FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> DEATH MATCH, written by Messiahman & Ultimo Franco
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Terminal wrote:
Tits, you say?

Stacy Keach, you say?

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:55 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

+ = Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:25 pm  Reply with quote

Well played, NME.

I personally, would like to see an outside party proclaim that MM and Franco's films are the second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ, BESIDES themselves and Sirand.

That's like wanting them to do something original though, and that just ain't gonna happen.
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

Oh god, here we go again.

Good luck on the films MM and UF, I'm out.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:42 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Terminal, if you want to say I'm wrong, and can prove it, I'll shut up. However, your burden of proof is non-existent, so I'll keep on.
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:22 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

In all fairness I suppose it is a bit difficult to come up with an original prison flick considering Van Damme has cornered the market on that particular genre....I dunno
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:36 pm  Reply with quote

Not to mention Leon Isaac Kennedy, the O.G. of prison fighting films. Too Sweet FTW!

One thing is for certain though and that is that this movie isn't going to have SHIT on "The Big Bird Cage".

Not that it will top the other previously mentioned films that it "borrows" from either, but I just watched "TBBC" this week and thought everyone should know how awesome it is.
NMEwithin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:46 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

Johnny Truant wrote:
Not to mention Leon Isaac Kennedy, the O.G. of prison fighting films. Too Sweet FTW!

Hence the lack of excitment on my part for yet another undercover cop, corrupt warden, illegal fighting movie....

But there is a market for everything...

Last edited by NMEwithin on Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sam Hell
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:57 pm  Reply with quote

Johnny Truant wrote:
Hey Terminal, if you want to say I'm wrong, and can prove it, I'll shut up. However, your burden of proof is non-existent, so I'll keep on.

The point isn't whether you're right or wrong. Both MM and Franco have already pointed out that this is written in the spirit of 80's action movies, specifically those from Cannon Films. So the argument for something "original" isn't even an issue here. If you enjoy movies like MISSING IN ACTION, BLOODSPORT, etc. then you might be interested in this. That's the point.

And I like how you flip-flopped your opinion so easily. Ever think about getting into politics?
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 6:39 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah, I did say it sounded cool, and never said anything to contradict that statement. And you know what? I'd probably actually watch it if I didn't hate the people who wrote it. I can't give any support to 40 year old men who call 12 year old kids they've never met "retarded" on a message board.

As for my latter posts, it's rather nauseating to have the three amigos CONSTANTLY tell us how great everything they do is, especially when it's not truly their own movies to begin with. It's just sad and pathetic to watch them shit all over this message board with self-praise for some TV movie that is a pastiche of direct-to-video 80's movies and have the people here not only like that they are being shit on, but act like it tastes good.

I hope that clears things up for you, Sam.
Sam Hell
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:20 pm  Reply with quote

Ah, I see now.

I have absolutely zero idea what the history is between all of you. Although I've seen you guys go at it in the past, I was still lost because it was about stuff that happened on some other message board.

And you know what, it's pointless for me to even begin to care. The problem with Internet battles is, as long as they stay on the Internet, they never get fully resolved. The "ignore" function doesn't qualify as a resolution...it's just a convenience when all other options are impossible. Behold the power of face-to-face confrontations.

Anyways, congrats to Messiahman and Franco for becoming screenwriters who obeyed the first law of writing...which is: Get busy and write! Thumbs Up
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:19 pm  Reply with quote

NMEwithin wrote:

Someone apparently doesn't know how to read. Didn't we just mention Jean Claude?

Stop drinking while posting!

Besides, DEATH WARRANT was about organ thieves.

I couldn't tell you what IN HELL was about. I haven't kept up with JCVD in a looong time. Neutral
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:24 pm  Reply with quote

Johnny Truant wrote:
I'd probably actually watch it if I didn't hate the people who wrote it..

NMEwithin
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:32 pm  Reply with quote
Power Mad Dictator

Messiahman wrote:
NMEwithin wrote:

Someone apparently doesn't know how to read. Didn't we just mention Jean Claude?

Stop drinking while posting!

Besides, DEATH WARRANT was about organ thieves.

I couldn't tell you what IN HELL was about. I haven't kept up with JCVD in a looong time. Neutral

I realize you mentioned JCVD....

and "In Hell" is about a corrupt prison warden who sanctions illegal fights to the death among the prisoners...combine that with the undercover cop aspect of "Death Warrant" and you have your movie....

It's all good though....All prison movies are just the same regurgitated crap anyways with mabye the exception of "American Me" I dunno
Sirand
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 8:35 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

NMEwithin wrote:
and "In Hell" is about a corrupt prison warden who sanctions illegal fights to the death among the prisoners...combine that with the undercover cop aspect of "Death Warrant" and you have your movie....

And it also features Michael Bailey Smith, star of our very own "Thirsty" in dual roles...

A lil' six degrees of Kevin Bacon for ya! Wink