FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Feburary 8th: Valentines Movie.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:27 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
I love how the little simple things can be so realistic when it comes to effects
I love it. I always find that stuff inspiring.

have you seen the feature with Tom Savini on the Burning DVD he talks about the little things that give a reality to an object
I did watch that. I just got the DVD a few weeks ago. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:27 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
There's a cemetery not too far from me that is supposedly movie friendly. I didn't have a scene in a cemetery before but I can't resist not shooting there.

nice, would you set the scene during the day or at night?
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 am  Reply with quote

why do those 2 keep going off alone? I mean they know someone dangerous is around...they're some of the slow children that escaped the cull aren't they?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:30 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
There's a cemetery not too far from me that is supposedly movie friendly. I didn't have a scene in a cemetery before but I can't resist not shooting there.

Day. I won't have money to rent a generator to set up lights. It would be a simple scene not a suspense scene. I just like to vary locations. Production value. Mr. Green
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:31 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

Day. I won't have money to rent a generator to set up lights. It would be a simple scene not a suspense scene. I just like to vary locations. Production value. Mr. Green

sound cool
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:32 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
why do those 2 keep going off alone? I mean they know someone dangerous is around...they're some of the slow children that escaped the cull aren't they?
They are. We shouldn't have let them leave.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:33 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

sound cool
I'm big on cheap production value. Laughing
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:33 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

they stumble through the world winding up as cannon fodder for masked killer, so sad yet still slightly amusing.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

sound cool

I hear ya, why do you think my short was set in one apartment (mine), I couldn't afford permits.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:35 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

they stumble through the world winding up as cannon fodder for masked killer, so sad yet still slightly amusing.
Very amusing. Especially if they have sex first with facial expressions.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:37 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

but they so often drag down some smart ppl, making the gene pool even more crap then before
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:37 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:

sound cool

I hear ya, why do you think my short was set in one apartment (mine), I couldn't afford permits.
Permits? I rarely use permits. Depends on where you want to shoot. If it's a location a lot of places will let you shoot there if you work around their schedule and give them a credit in the film. The only times I've needed to get permits was when we needed to block off streets to park crew vehicles.

And if you're shooting outside and don't have 20 people standing around you can get away with a lot. Wink
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:38 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:
Gory wrote:
ImTheMoon wrote:

but they so often drag down some smart ppl, making the gene pool even more crap then before
True. They did pull me down for a long time. I only recently got back up. Well, sort of.
ImTheMoon
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:40 am  Reply with quote

and again the go traipsing through a house separately....they really are asking to die
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 2:42 am  Reply with quote

ImTheMoon wrote:
and again the go traipsing through a house separately....they really are asking to die
I always do that. The moment I know someone is creeping around wanting to kill people I always demand that we split up. It was my way of getting rid of some of the slow people.