FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Guitar Hero
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:39 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

lovecraftsmachine wrote:
anybody know if this will make the move to the 360, i played it at a friends house and loved it but don't know that i wanna buy a ps2 just for this.

I've read a couple of interviews where RedOctane (the devs) say that's the natural progression for them, but they kind of had a wait and see attitude. Since they'll have to redesign a peripheral and not just software, I imagine they'll wait out the impending NextGen wars and wait until there's a victor before placing their bets.

Or, they could be geniuses, and just develop it for the Wii. License Nintendo's motion-sensing technology to put into the controller, so that it moves in screen as you move it. Imagine doing Yngwie-style guitar tosses around your body and watching it happen, for mega points.

GH2 is due out this November for the PS2 (with no controller changes) and the rumor still has possible genre-specific updates down the road. (like an all-metal disc, all punk, etc.)
sangnoir7
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:00 am  Reply with quote

Mr. Dark wrote:
lovecraftsmachine wrote:
anybody know if this will make the move to the 360, i played it at a friends house and loved it but don't know that i wanna buy a ps2 just for this.

I've read a couple of interviews where RedOctane (the devs) say that's the natural progression for them, but they kind of had a wait and see attitude. Since they'll have to redesign a peripheral and not just software, I imagine they'll wait out the impending NextGen wars and wait until there's a victor before placing their bets.

Or, they could be geniuses, and just develop it for the Wii. License Nintendo's motion-sensing technology to put into the controller, so that it moves in screen as you move it. Imagine doing Yngwie-style guitar tosses around your body and watching it happen, for mega points.

GH2 is due out this November for the PS2 (with no controller changes) and the rumor still has possible genre-specific updates down the road. (like an all-metal disc, all punk, etc.)

I read about the genre specific games in the GameInformer preview of the game. I think that would be amazing! Have you read about them adding (possibly) of secondary instrumentals to play, such as the bass?
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 11:13 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

sangnoir7 wrote:
I read about the genre specific games in the GameInformer preview of the game. I think that would be amazing! Have you read about them adding (possibly) of secondary instrumentals to play, such as the bass?

That's definitely in GH2, and was on display at E3, not that I was able to go this year and thoroughly nuke all comers on Les Claypool's 'John The Fisherman' bassline. (Okay, I would have failed the song within three bars.)

As far as I know, and Plag may be able to fill us in here, the bass and/or rhythm tracks -may- only be part of multiplay. I hope not, but that's the impression I got. I've read that depending on the song, the alternate option will be bass -or- rhythm. Some songs just wouldn't work well with a bass option, but work great with a rhythm guitar option, so depending on the tune the option changes.

Obviously, stuff like Primus (which is an -original- track, Primus gave them the masters) and Rush's 'YYZ' are going to have bass as the alternate options, where I imagine stuff like 'Strutter' by Kiss will have a rhythm guitar track instead.