FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles- Wii
Slasherfan
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2007 10:58 pm  Reply with quote

I never heard of this game before but we just got it in at work so I bought it. Only just home with it now so I haven't played it yet and I'm not to sure what it is.
It says it has storylines and characters from RE 0, 1 and 3 and a co-op mode. I'm gonna play a bit later and see what it's like.
conundrum
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:10 am  Reply with quote

Rail based light gun game. You let it walk you around and have to shoot things before they attack you. It is actually a lot more fun than it sounds.

This game is pretty good so far (I am not too far into it as there are simply TOO MANY games right now) and is easily the best rail shooter I have played on a home system (we will see if it stacks up to House of the Dead 2 for arcades, so far the fact that the crotch has yet to be a weak point is working against it). The visuals are sharp, but almost feel like they are behind RE4. The aiming is dead on, special weapons like shotguns and SMGs are given pretty freely making it not too hard.

I look forward to playing it more.
Screamz
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 2:54 am  Reply with quote

Just spent a couple of hours playing it and gotta say that it's pretty damned fun. I just finished the Resident Evil Zero portion and look forward to trudging on, light gun blazing... No, say hello to MY little friend!
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:50 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Looking forward to picking up the zapper and giving this one a go once it hits the top of my gamefly queue. (Yes, yes, I know it's a piece of plastic, but I'm a sucker for light gun games and Zelda, so the crossbow game that's packaged with it is worth my $20...I'm waiting for the realistic pistol snap-on that Nyko just announced for serious light-gun gaming.)
conundrum
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 8:54 pm  Reply with quote

From what I have heard, the zapper makes "Umbrella Chronicles" harder to play since it is harder to use the knife function.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:49 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Forgot about the knife function. Drat. Too bad they didn't have the genius to assign the knife to the nunchuk, which you can leave hanging free from the zapper while you use the zapper as the pistol grip.
thedarkestshadow
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 6:11 pm  Reply with quote

i dont have a problem at all with using the knife function and the zapper.
mdamien13
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:46 pm  Reply with quote

I finally beat this in Hard mode. After having lowered expectations for it I was impressed with how much fun it really is. For someone like me that's played every Res Evil game up to this point it's fun to go back and replay scenarios and fight bosses from a first person perspective, while at the same time it allows my wife who never played one of them to catch up on the storylines (and ask "so why do the movies suck so bad"?). I was stoked that they let you play through Ada and Hunk's missions from RE2.

Anyone else get that bizarre extra level once you've beat every other level? Not sure what the point of it is.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 8:52 pm  Reply with quote

mdamien13 wrote:
I was stoked that they let you play through Ada and Hunk's missions from RE2.

Anyone else get that bizarre extra level once you've beat every other level? Not sure what the point of it is.

What? Can you play as Tofu? I'll go buy a Wii for that!