FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> MST 3000?
kjeff
PostPosted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 7:47 am  Reply with quote

I have the first 6 box sets and all of the single DVD eps (along with some of the VHS releases and all of the Sci Fi eps that I taped myself)... Hopefully I can catch up by the end of the year and get the other box sets.
Borgosi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:30 am  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Borgosi wrote:
I just don't understand how real movie fans can like a show that cuts up or otherwise changes movies. I dislike "The Blair Witch Project" more than anything I can think of but I don't believe anyone should have the right to alter the film other than it's original creators. I don't like cut movies, V-chips, "clean versions", full screen versions, or anyother altered releases of movies including MST3K.

Anybody can watch a movie 5 or 6 times and make up jokes about it, how lazy does somebody have to be to need someone to do it for them? Isn't that the fun of watching movies like "Plan 9 From Outerspace"? Getting a case or two of beer, putting on a low budget or bad movie and making fun of it can be a great time. But to need someone to come up with the jokes for you just seems to take all the fun out of it.

That's it. I'm pulling your internet license.

I just don't like people screwing with movies. That includes what Lucas did to Star Wars and I'm not even a Star Wars fans, what Russo did to Night Of The Living Dead, movies that are cut for TV and/or "fullscreen" movies. I'm sure you can find somebody that likes all of those changes but that doesn't mean there a good thing.

Lots of people find things to laugh at with MST3K and I have laughed at some of them as well. I just don't think that's a good reason to let people start altering movies. If you change the picture or soundtrack of a film you are altering it and IMHO that is never good. The only time I can accept it is when it is to keep with the director's vision.
Foywonder
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:22 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Borgosi wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Borgosi wrote:
I just don't understand how real movie fans can like a show that cuts up or otherwise changes movies. I dislike "The Blair Witch Project" more than anything I can think of but I don't believe anyone should have the right to alter the film other than it's original creators. I don't like cut movies, V-chips, "clean versions", full screen versions, or anyother altered releases of movies including MST3K.

Anybody can watch a movie 5 or 6 times and make up jokes about it, how lazy does somebody have to be to need someone to do it for them? Isn't that the fun of watching movies like "Plan 9 From Outerspace"? Getting a case or two of beer, putting on a low budget or bad movie and making fun of it can be a great time. But to need someone to come up with the jokes for you just seems to take all the fun out of it.

I just don't like people screwing with movies. That includes what Lucas did to Star Wars and I'm not even a Star Wars fans, what Russo did to Night Of The Living Dead, movies that are cut for TV and/or "fullscreen" movies. I'm sure you can find somebody that likes all of those changes but that doesn't mean there a good thing.

Lots of people find things to laugh at with MST3K and I have laughed at some of them as well. I just don't think that's a good reason to let people start altering movies. If you change the picture or soundtrack of a film you are altering it and IMHO that is never good. The only time I can accept it is when it is to keep with the director's vision.

So does that you won't be purchasing a copy of HOUSE OF THE DEAD: THE FUNNY VERSION when it comes out?
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:47 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Borgosi wrote:

As much as I love to make a night of mocking bad movies, I prefer it when the MST3K guys do it for a very simple reason: The professional comedians writing the material are a helluva lot funnier than your stupid, drunk-ass friends.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 7:29 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Borgosi wrote:

As much as I love to make a night of mocking bad movies, I prefer it when the MST3K guys do it for a very simple reason: The professional comedians writing the material are a helluva lot funnier than your stupid, drunk-ass friends.

I resent that! Mr. Green
Borgosi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:33 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Borgosi wrote:

That all depends on how drunk you are. You did make me think of something that could be kinda cool. Get all your drunk-ass friends over, watch a bad movie and record it to play back the next day. That could be funny.
Borgosi
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:34 pm  Reply with quote

Foywonder wrote:
Borgosi wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:
Borgosi wrote:

So does that you won't be purchasing a copy of HOUSE OF THE DEAD: THE FUNNY VERSION when it comes out?

I'm not gonna buy any version of House Of The Dead.
Sirand
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:31 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Check this out:
http://www.mst3k.org/

Every episode available on DVD!
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:44 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
I adore this show.

Still miffed that they're only releasing a handful of episodes.

SEASON BOX SETS, DAMMIT!

Hear, hear! I second that!
Desdinova
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:43 pm  Reply with quote

Met some of my best friends from an invitation to an MST3K Turkey Day Marathon viewing party over 15 years ago.

Favorite episodes: "Cave Dwellers" ("How much Keefe is in this movie ? . . . Miles O'Keefe."), "A Touch of Satan (". . .softens hands while you do dishes."), and the best of 'em all: "The Final Sacrifice." (ROWSDOWER!)
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:15 am  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus

Dong, fish is ready!
HorrorLibraryNet
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:43 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Check this out:

HOLY CRAP! Thanks Sirand...and at $6 a pop, that's not bad at all. Of course, any respectable MST3K fan will have to buy them ALL...but, still.

And, if any of you are dying for an MST3K fix, there are quite a few over at YouTube.

Here's a hint...look for MST3K and then click to sort it by DATE...the newest entered films will show first. Sometimes posters only leave them up for a certain length of time...so my suggestion would to be to watch your episode in one sitting. As of now, though...there are probably 20 episodes on YouTube!

Be sure to thank the fine folks who post the episodes on YouTube...they rock!

One fo my favorite clips EVER! SO un-PC...(this was the first episode I ever caught on TV, and I laughed so hard at this part that I could barely breathe!)

MST3K- 521-Santa Claus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86nbkwAErFs

HorrorLibrary.Net
CuttingBlock.Net
myspace.com/horror_library_net
Desdinova
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:52 am  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Check this out:

For those that may care: These are pirated DVDs and not official releases.
ValFreya
PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 5:59 am  Reply with quote

Holy crap.. how did I miss this post! Huge fan of MST3K....

"Mike.. You broke the Hubble!!"
Jack19
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:32 am  Reply with quote

I will go so far as to say the MST3K theme song is the best theme song ever.