FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Grave Misconduct- written by Ultimo Franco & Messiahman
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:54 pm  Reply with quote

Location: Munyeca. Yo te ciaro. Yo te ciaro Ohio. Muy bonito.

Since this is now popping up on On Demand, does that mean it'll be airing on Lifetime sooner rather then later? Some of us live in the backwoods, don't you know, and don't have fancy cable providers like Time Warner or Comcast.
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

That would be my guess, nobo. I think it's released in stages, with short windows of time in between each. Grave was always scheduled to be an On Demand title first and then move to Lifetime. I kept forgetting that because, like you, I don't have On Demand and have never really seen it. Next it will move to Lifetime, shouldn't be too long, and then to DVD.

I'm not sure if Death Match is scheduled for the same kind of release, or if it's just going to go direct to Spike. Shark Swarm should premier on Hallmark specifically, and on the scheduled date. It's more of an "event" release.
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

Typically the On Demand stuff debuts late in the month before it officially airs. Hopefully this means it'll roll out sometime in March? I'm anxiously looking forward to logging onto the internets and telling you how much you guys suck. Cool
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:09 pm  Reply with quote

Nobodaddy wrote:
I'm anxiously looking forward to logging onto the internets and telling you how much you guys suck.

The line for suck forms to the left. Wink
Messiahman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:36 am  Reply with quote

Nobodaddy wrote:
Typically the On Demand stuff debuts late in the month before it officially airs. Hopefully this means it'll roll out sometime in March? I'm anxiously looking forward to logging onto the internets and telling you how much you guys suck. Cool

Like, move-on dot org!
Nobodaddy
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:08 pm  Reply with quote

With wit like that, sir, this could be you someday...

Sam Hell
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Nobodaddy wrote:

Like, move-on dot org!

JunOWNED!!!
Raider Redux
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:41 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Nobodaddy wrote:

Um, I've met Messiahman, I've drank with Messiahman, and I have no desire to see Messiahman strip on stage and pole dance.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:56 pm  Reply with quote

Raider Redux wrote:
Nobodaddy wrote:

Um, I've met Messiahman, I've drank with Messiahman, and I have no desire to see Messiahman strip on stage and pole dance.

Great. There go my plans for the next Fango Con!
Raider Redux
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:29 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Messiahman wrote:
Raider Redux wrote:
Nobodaddy wrote:

Great. There go my plans for the next Fango Con!

Thank the Lords of Light... I have been saved! Ookla! Ariel! RIIIDE!!!
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:33 pm  Reply with quote

Ultimo Franco wrote:
Next it will move to Lifetime, shouldn't be too long, and then to DVD.

Any idea if there will be extras on the DVD? And is it going to be the same cut/same kills as the TV version?
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:39 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
The soldiers you saw in the brief shot of Don Crown’s “The Price of All Honour” are actually statues at a military graveyard. The idea was that Don Crown is sort of a mixed parody of Tom Clancy and Mickey Spillane – the scene where he mistakes Harewood’s weapon for a different gun was our fun poke at the fact that these tough-talking authors are often complete fakers with an inflated sense of self that buy into their own concocted stories.

Yeah, there's also that line you put in where Crown admits he's not really a "ladies man", and Harewood reacts like he's not at all surprised. Funny stuff.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:30 pm  Reply with quote

PapaLazarou wrote:
Ultimo Franco wrote:
Next it will move to Lifetime, shouldn't be too long, and then to DVD.

Any idea if there will be extras on the DVD? And is it going to be the same cut/same kills as the TV version?

Not sure about the extras, as the DVD is still a ways off. As for the kills, most of them are pretty light on the red stuff. Having not seen the On Demand version yet, let me ask -- was there a lot of blood after Roxanne Hart falls from the roof? Having been there for that scene, I vividly recall Armand gleefully pouring a friggin' bucket of red stuff onto the sidewalk, and the early roughcut I saw featured a nice closeup of her head in a pool of blood.
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:34 pm  Reply with quote

PapaLazarou wrote:

I'm not sure about extras, but I do know there is a longer director's cut. I still haven't seen the On Demand cut, but it's shorter than the one I've seen. Some of the things that were trimmed help the film, while others are things I might have enjoyed seeing on screen. For instance, the scene at the very end in the funeral home was a bit longer and featured more explicit horror imagery. They toned down that stinger. David doesn't really mind in that instance, but I enjoyed the longer version of that scene much more. Still, it doesn't change the movie much. We wrote it specifically for Lifetime, so there really shouldn't have been much to cut. With Grave Misconduct, I'm most interested in hearing what the Lifetime audience thinks. I want to know what moms across America think when they tune in to their cozy Lifetime mystery movie and get a little dose of giallo instead. In other words, I hope it scares your grandma, 'cause we wrote it for her. The fact that people who might not watch Lifetime still enjoy it is a terrific surprise.
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:16 am  Reply with quote

I thought it would be in the Free Movies section On Demand, it wasn't. I didn't really feel like spending $4 on it. I dunno
I keep the country clean.