FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> New Ghostbusters game!
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:26 am  Reply with quote

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111797601...oryid=1009&cs=1

Quote:
Vivendi Games is pacting with Sony Pictures to turn "Ghostbusters" into a videogame franchise.

First title in what the publisher hopes will be a series of "Ghostbusters" games is set for release in fall '08 from Vivendi's Sierra label.

All four members of the movie team -- Dan Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Bill Murray and Harold Ramis -- will be giving voice and likeness rights for the game. Some supporting castmembers have signed up as well, including William Atherton, Brian Doyle Murray and Annie Potts.

Nice, wasn't that long ago that I was saying a new Ghostbusters game would own. Wonder what type it's gonna be. My idea was for a kinda free roaming one in the style of Spider-Man 2 and 3, where you can either do the main story missions or go around randomly busting ghosts and doing other side stuff.
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 1:55 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

And if this pic is any indication, it shall, indeed, own.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:47 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

I really am looking forward to this game.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 4:06 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

As Johnny would tell you, there's actually footage out now.

http://www.dreadcentral.com/node/25405

Christ, this game came from out of fucking nowhere. They're saying that the Wii version will be more family geared. Now, this can give me only one thought.

Wii=Real Ghostbusters.

How cool would that be?

Also, more info from the game. Not sure where it was pulled from, but from looking at the footage, and seeing the cast, I'd think it's solid enough.

Some more information.

Quote:
- Ecto 1 is back, it looks like the one from GB2, with the yellow/black warning stripes, but with less crap on top and it's using the original logo, not the GB2 logo.
- Release is for October 2008.
- You play as the 5th member of the team
- It takes place in 1991 and the city has agreed to fund you but they hire Peck to watch over you to make sure you're not just pulling their strings.
- After you are hired, a new evil hits New York and ghosts start appearing everywhere
- The first mission is to hunt down Slimer in the hotel from the 1st movie, it trains you how to use the proton pack and trap.
- While you play, you hear chatter from the other 4 members over your radio or in person when they're around you.
- The environments are destructible, but don't worry about bill as now that you're funded by the city, they cover the damage.
- You press the d-pad to deploy the trap
- There are different proton beams you can use and some of them act like a fishing mechanic, a pull and tug lasso effect.
- Terminal Reality has developed their own engine to handle the physics, they showed off a demo where they dropped hundreds of ragdoll bodies, boxes, and cars and they all reacted perfectly with no framerate hits.
- They will be able to simulate up to 1,000 objects at once with no framerate hit.
- The entire demo was done on the PS3 to show that they're not having trouble developing for it.
- There is a Slime Gun that shoots out a trail of green slime and you can anchor things to each end of the strand, you can tether ghosts to walls using this for easier trapping.
- One of the levels takes you back to the library from GB1 to re-visit that librarian ghost, or as Ray refers to it as, "the one that got away".
- The Elmer Bernstein score is in tact and while no other songs were confirmed, they have to imagine Ray Parker Jr's song will be included.
- Your AI teammates will perform all sorts of actions without you having to tell them and they can save you by shooting ghosts and deploying traps.
- They said they wanted to keep you as a 5th member of the team so you can hear all the interaction between the other 4 guys with the dialog that Akyroyd and Ramis are writing.
- They want the game to be, "fun, funny, or scary" at all times. In an average hallway, for example, ghosts could smash through a window, pop out from behind a vending machine, or come down from the ceiling.
- Your main hub is of course the Firehouse and you're free to walk around and talk to Janine, play with Egon's new gadgets, perform scientific experiments, etc. And YES you can slide down the firepole!!!!
- The Stay Puft battle is actually EARLY in the game as there's a big reveal bigger evil at play.

And an offical site.

http://www.ghostbustersgame.com/

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
The Buz
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 7:37 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I don't think I've ever been this excited for a video game in my entire life.
Benjammin
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 3:00 pm  Reply with quote

I just watched the G4 footage and about wet myself. Christ. I can't wait. I wish they'd make a new movie too but oh well. Thanks Dread Central for including news about Ghostbusters even if it's not really horror. Because some of us are huge GB fans as well.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:16 pm  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

Yeesh, Oct 2008...really? I guess if I have to wait this long I suppose so.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:40 am  Reply with quote

The gameplay video makes it look like so small modifactions were made to the proton packs. More lights and a few other bits were added.

Hope we get a demo soon.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 3:44 am  Reply with quote

I love how they noted a Guide Updated message when you encounter a new ghost. Which means we'll probably get an interactive Tobin's Spirit Guide with the game.

I really hope this doesn't stink, because it seems like they're ready to make this THE licensed game to own.

Of course, I remember being blown away with Superman Returns, too. But I'd still get this if I have a 360 when it comes out.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 12:48 pm  Reply with quote

The gameplay looks like it may be using some of the same mechanics that Luigi's Mansion did. Though it was disappointing at the time (mainly due to the GameCube's lame release lineup), it was a fun entry thanks to the way in which you had to catch the ghosts.

Now, add that play mechanic to a licensed GB game w/ genuine voice acting from the cast, proton fucking packs, Ecto 1a, Walter Peck, the fire house, Slimer and the chance to see Winston actually do something ... then you have a winner.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 4:01 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
...the chance to see Winston actually do something ....

"But Chi Chi, he was Ghostbuster!"

BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:57 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyQYX9WXQaI - Teaser
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:31 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umMYQuuWozs a minute of gameplay footage
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 5:18 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

http://www.dreadcentral.com/story/sdcc-08-exclusive-ghostbusters-gameplay-footage-w-commentary
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:55 pm  Reply with quote

nice