FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Anyone keeping up with the WWE?
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:56 am  Reply with quote

Okay, you have a cage match between two rivals that HATE each other and there's NO blood? What the hell?

A PPV cage match for the WWE Championship and there's not a crimson mask to be found. Talk about not selling the brutality of the steel cage. Sheesh.

Is there a "no juicing" policy going on in the WWE again?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 4:15 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

And now Regal's gone for 60 days for his second strike on the Wellness Policy. I can't tell you how disappointed I am, after all he's been through.

I just hope it's for steroids, and not any hard drugs. That would be terrible. Him and Jeff Hardy are hanging by a string now.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Rorschach
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 11:45 pm  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
And now Regal's gone for 60 days for his second strike on the Wellness Policy. I can't tell you how disappointed I am, after all he's been through.

I just hope it's for steroids, and not any hard drugs. That would be terrible. Him and Jeff Hardy are hanging by a string now.

Haven't heard what Regal's bust was for yet.....but I'm thinking it was aome kind of supplement that he took unknowingly....like maybe something in his Rogaine regimen or some sort of multivitamin that can cause a positive test result.

Regal's smarter than that, IMO. He wouldn't just go chasing the dragon after seeing Hardy go down for that.

Still....I wonder who's gonna get the GM spot? Hopefully not someone whose already been a GM recently. I'd like it to be DiBiase or Piper, personally. Besides, were Piper to get the job, imagine the extra element it would add to the Santino rivalry? One day, you're just taking the piss out of a washed up Legend.....the next day, that washed up Legend is YOUR GM.

Mr. Green

I'd mark for Piper putting Santino through hell.....we really haven't seen a face GM do that to a heel (on RAW at least) for a while.

Santino vs. both Highlanders? Loser becomes RAW's newest janitor? Santino vs. Big Show?

Mr. Green Mr. Green
thedudeabides
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 1:34 am  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope

Wait...Regal took steroids? When? Where?

I joke of course but I kinda figure that if anyone took steroids and worked out they'd be in shape.

Regal, while one of the actual legit tough guys oout there never ever had a bodybuilder's body.

Most wrestlers use steroids to get the look...the body... not the temporary fake strength.

I honestly think I have a better body than his and I would work out 2 hrs a day 5 times a week. And I never took any steroid. Of course, he'd rip me to pieces in a heart beat.

Poor Regal. One of my favorites going down like that. He's still one of my favorites, that won't change.
Rorschach
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

William Regal is all of the things Chuck Norris ASPIRES to be. Seriously, given both their respective ages....I'd fear getting into a dustup with Regal before I would Norris.

Hell, I would fear Finlay more than Chuck Norris. Both he and Regal would fit in back in the bad ol days.....the carny days of wrestling. And they'd both be "hookers".....which for the uninformed, is a wrestling term for someone who is paid to legit fuck you up six ways from Sunday. If you got booked against a "hooker"....that meant that you had done the promoter a serious wrong, and odds were, you'd be wearing a cast home. If you walked away at all.
Texas Horror
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 11:57 pm  Reply with quote

Rorschach wrote:
Chainsaw wrote:

Haven't heard what Regal's bust was for yet.....but I'm thinking it was aome kind of supplement that he took unknowingly....like maybe something in his Rogaine regimen or some sort of multivitamin that can cause a positive test result.

Regal's smarter than that, IMO. He wouldn't just go chasing the dragon after seeing Hardy go down for that.

Still....I wonder who's gonna get the GM spot? Hopefully not someone whose already been a GM recently. I'd like it to be DiBiase or Piper, personally. Besides, were Piper to get the job, imagine the extra element it would add to the Santino rivalry? One day, you're just taking the piss out of a washed up Legend.....the next day, that washed up Legend is YOUR GM.

Mr. Green

I'd mark for Piper putting Santino through hell.....we really haven't seen a face GM do that to a heel (on RAW at least) for a while.

Santino vs. both Highlanders? Loser becomes RAW's newest janitor? Santino vs. Big Show?

Mr. Green Mr. Green

You're brilliant Rorschach.

The possibilities for Santino as a janitor are ENDLESS.
Rorschach
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:43 pm  Reply with quote

And imagine this: Santino would see himself as the victim in this, right? Well, who better to turn to for inspiration when the "evil boss" is making your life hell than.....Stone Cold Steve Austin! Santino could be shown backstage in the locker-room, watching the "Best of Stone Cold" on DVD, cribbing things from Austin to do to Piper.....things that, Santino being Santino, would go horribly, horribly wrong.

Like say, the concrete in the sports car thing....only this time instead of Piper's car, Santino mistakenly cements BATISTA's ride instead? Or how about the "Bedpan McMahon" angle? Say that Piper is at the doctor's office for a checkup, and Santino decides to impersonate a doctor in order to jump Piper, as Austin did to Vince. Only this time, Piper has it scouted, and has both Highlanders already in place, disguised orderlies. So that when Santino makes his "brilliant" reveal.....they too, rip off their masks and caps and just beat his ASS.

Come to think of it, Rory and Robby could become Piper's personal security squad.

Now tell me....who DOESN'T benefit from that situation?
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:45 am  Reply with quote

So, in a very desperate bid to improve ratings. The WWE will have another draft where all the great stars on the other shows will be shoved into the gaping maw of suck that is RAW.

Oh and the best part? Vince McMahon is giving away a million dollars a week to get people to watch RAW. I couldn't make this kind of stuff up if I tried.

Here's the best quip about McMahon's giveaway from the Wrestlecrap boards:

Quote:
Giving away a million dollars a week?

Holy crap, do you know how many nights with Ashley that could amount to?
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rorschach
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 4:07 pm  Reply with quote

Awwww.....so does that mean that Teddy Long and the UNDATAKAH are coming to RAW?

I think the best I personally could hope for is that a DESERVING talent like Shelton, Punk, or even Natty Neidhart get to go to RAW to bolster the IC and Women's divisions respectively.

As I've said before....the Women's Title needs to go to both shows, and they need to have interpromotional matches revolving around the US and IC titles, especially where the ECW guys are concerned. It gives them something to strive for, and at the same time, it bolsters the competitiveness of those two divisions.
Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

Is it WWE One Night Stand or WCW Uncensored? WAT HOPPEN?!?!

Seriously though, reading the results of last night's PPV makes me shake my head. It sure has fallen a long way from the original (and best) ONS. Also, where the hell was the tag teams? They could've done a killer "Extreme Rules" four way elimination match. Londrick vs. Rhodes/Holly vs. Morrison/Miz vs. Moore/Yang with both SD! and the RAW tag titles on the line.

Anyways, got my FREE-PER-VIEW *cough* copy of ROH's TAKE NO PRISONERS PPV and it's kicking a lot of ass so far. Really solid action that I've come to expect from ROH and if you, meaning people who actually can order the PPV, can order it. Do so. Best wrestling you'll find on PPV these days.

But wait...there's more! Pro Wrestling Guerrila's first DVD offering that will be available in stores nationwide will be out next month. Wittily entitled PWG SELLS OUT: The Best of PWG Vol. 1 is a doozy:

Quote:
Disc One
The Musical - April 17, 2004
1. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe

The Reason For The Season - July 10, 2004
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Steel Cage Match
2. "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian

3. CM Punk vs. Super Dragon

All Nude Revue - February 12, 2005
4. Samoa Joe vs. Super Dragon

All Star Weekend Night 1 - April 1, 2005
5. AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

Guitarmageddon - June 11, 2005
6. AJ Styles vs. James Gibson

Free Admission (Just Kidding!) - November 13, 2004
7. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Jack Evans

Disc 2
2nd Anniversary Weekend Night 1 - July 9, 2005
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Title Match - Titles vs. Masks
8. Arrogance ("Photogenic" Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) vs. Aerial Xpress (Quicksilver & Scorpio Sky)

2005 Battle of Los Angeles Night 2 - September 4, 2005
9. El Generico, Jack Evans, Frankie Kazarian, & Super Dragon vs. Scott Lost, Ricky Reyes, Davey Richards, & Joey Ryan

Astonishing X-Mas - December 18, 2005
Guerrilla Warfare Match
10. Super Dragon vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Hollywood Globetrotters - March 4, 2006
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Title Match
11. Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs. Jack Evans & Roderick Strong

Threemendous - July 16, 2006
12. Joey Ryan vs. B-Boy

2006 Battle of Los Angeles Night 3 - September 3, 2006
13. CIMA vs. El Generico

All Star Weekend 4 Night 2 - November 18, 2006
14. El Generico vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC

Disc 3
Based on a True Story - January 13, 2007
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Guerrilla Warfare Match
15. Joey Ryan vs. Human Tornado

Holy Diver Down - February 24, 2007
16. PAC vs. Kevin Steen

All Star Weekend 5 Night 2 - April 8, 2007
17. Kaz Hayashi vs. PAC

DDT4 Night 1 - May 19, 2007
18. CIMA vs. Bryan Danielson

DDT4 Night 2 - May 20, 2007
Pro Wrestling Guerrlla World Tag Team Title Match
19. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. PAC & Roderick Strong

Giant Size Annual #4 - July 29, 2007
20. PAC & Roderick Strong vs. El Generico & Kevin Steen

Pro Wrestling Guerrlla World Championship Title Match
21. El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson

3 DISCS! Nine hours of the greatest West Coast indy fed you've never heard of. All for $20 bucks! Yet another reason to thank Big Vision Entertainment for signing a deal with them. Oh and that BEST OF CHIKARA vol. 1 DVD is also worth picking up as well. Smile
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 12:33 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:
Is it WWE One Night Stand or WCW Uncensored? WAT HOPPEN?!?!

Seriously though, reading the results of last night's PPV makes me shake my head. It sure has fallen a long way from the original (and best) ONS. Also, where the hell was the tag teams? They could've done a killer "Extreme Rules" four way elimination match. Londrick vs. Rhodes/Holly vs. Morrison/Miz vs. Moore/Yang with both SD! and the RAW tag titles on the line.

Anyways, got my FREE-PER-VIEW *cough* copy of ROH's TAKE NO PRISONERS PPV and it's kicking a lot of ass so far. Really solid action that I've come to expect from ROH and if you, meaning people who actually can order the PPV, can order it. Do so. Best wrestling you'll find on PPV these days.

But wait...there's more! Pro Wrestling Guerrila's first DVD offering that will be available in stores nationwide will be out next month. Wittily entitled PWG SELLS OUT: The Best of PWG Vol. 1 is a doozy:

Quote:
Disc One
The Musical - April 17, 2004
1. "American Dragon" Bryan Danielson vs. Samoa Joe

2. "Scrap Iron" Adam Pearce vs. "The Future" Frankie Kazarian

3. CM Punk vs. Super Dragon

All Nude Revue - February 12, 2005
4. Samoa Joe vs. Super Dragon

All Star Weekend Night 1 - April 1, 2005
5. AJ Styles vs Samoa Joe

Guitarmageddon - June 11, 2005
6. AJ Styles vs. James Gibson

Free Admission (Just Kidding!) - November 13, 2004
7. "The Fallen Angel" Christopher Daniels vs. Jack Evans

Disc 2
2nd Anniversary Weekend Night 1 - July 9, 2005
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Title Match - Titles vs. Masks
8. Arrogance ("Photogenic" Chris Bosh & Scott Lost) vs. Aerial Xpress (Quicksilver & Scorpio Sky)

2005 Battle of Los Angeles Night 2 - September 4, 2005
9. El Generico, Jack Evans, Frankie Kazarian, & Super Dragon vs. Scott Lost, Ricky Reyes, Davey Richards, & Joey Ryan

Astonishing X-Mas - December 18, 2005
Guerrilla Warfare Match
10. Super Dragon vs. "Mr. Wrestling" Kevin Steen

Hollywood Globetrotters - March 4, 2006
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Tag Team Title Match
11. Super Dragon & Davey Richards vs. Jack Evans & Roderick Strong

Threemendous - July 16, 2006
12. Joey Ryan vs. B-Boy

2006 Battle of Los Angeles Night 3 - September 3, 2006
13. CIMA vs. El Generico

All Star Weekend 4 Night 2 - November 18, 2006
14. El Generico vs. "The Man That Gravity Forgot" PAC

Disc 3
Based on a True Story - January 13, 2007
Pro Wrestling Guerrilla World Championship Title Guerrilla Warfare Match
15. Joey Ryan vs. Human Tornado

Holy Diver Down - February 24, 2007
16. PAC vs. Kevin Steen

All Star Weekend 5 Night 2 - April 8, 2007
17. Kaz Hayashi vs. PAC

DDT4 Night 1 - May 19, 2007
18. CIMA vs. Bryan Danielson

DDT4 Night 2 - May 20, 2007
19. The Briscoe Brothers (Jay & Mark Briscoe) vs. PAC & Roderick Strong

20. PAC & Roderick Strong vs. El Generico & Kevin Steen

Pro Wrestling Guerrlla World Championship Title Match
21. El Generico vs. Bryan Danielson

3 DISCS! Nine hours of the greatest West Coast indy fed you've never heard of. All for $20 bucks! Yet another reason to thank Big Vision Entertainment for signing a deal with them. Oh and that BEST OF CHIKARA vol. 1 DVD is also worth picking up as well. Smile

Any chance I can get a copy of Take No Prisoners? I ordered it on PPV at 7AM on Saturday, and my DVR decided not to record it. So I'd rather be out the 15+ and at least see it.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:57 pm  Reply with quote

So...that Million Dollar Giveaway McMahon's doing...yeah...

WWE is going the way of WCW. I can see it coming.

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 6:37 pm  Reply with quote

And you're still watching it? Are you a sadist or something? Wink

Can we talk about actual wrestling or what?

Quote:
In regard to the potential partnership with Mexico's AAA, Ring of Honor noted, "ROH's top officials and AAA's top officials recently met face-to-face in Manhattan, NY to discuss talent exchanges and other ventures. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but talks have been very positive. It looks like partnership is developing between ROH, AAA and Pro Wrestling NOAH. ROH also has Dragon Gate, FIP and SHIMMER as partners. The NWA World Heavyweight Title is also now in ROH. This means that ROH has working relationships with NOAH, Dragon Gate, FIP, SHIMMER, NWA and a growing one with AAA."

Unlike some negative nancies on the WC boards...I'm looking really forward to the Title vs. Title match between McGuinness and Pearce. Hell, I can't think of a better promotion to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title in right now. I've also put my money where my mouth is and ordered my first three ROH dvds today: Manhattan Mayhem II, Dragon Gate Challenge II and Supercard of Honor III. They'll hold me over until I can get the new Ric Flair, ROH compilation and PWG discs. Cool
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 11:26 pm  Reply with quote

Rottenjesus wrote:

Quote:
In regard to the potential partnership with Mexico's AAA, Ring of Honor noted, "ROH's top officials and AAA's top officials recently met face-to-face in Manhattan, NY to discuss talent exchanges and other ventures. Nothing has been confirmed yet, but talks have been very positive. It looks like partnership is developing between ROH, AAA and Pro Wrestling NOAH. ROH also has Dragon Gate, FIP and SHIMMER as partners. The NWA World Heavyweight Title is also now in ROH. This means that ROH has working relationships with NOAH, Dragon Gate, FIP, SHIMMER, NWA and a growing one with AAA."

Unlike some negative nancies on the WC boards...I'm looking really forward to the Title vs. Title match between McGuinness and Pearce. Hell, I can't think of a better promotion to defend the NWA World Heavyweight Title in right now. I've also put my money where my mouth is and ordered my first three ROH dvds today: Manhattan Mayhem II, Dragon Gate Challenge II and Supercard of Honor III. They'll hold me over until I can get the new Ric Flair, ROH compilation and PWG discs. Cool

I have to get 6 Year Anniversary sometime, just because I may be on it.

The AAA relationship interests me, but it seems like it may be driving a lot of their homegrown talent away, since the rumor is Konnan wants to book more American wrestlers on the show.

I hope they book AOTF against The Hell Brothers. Or like I said on Wrestlecrap, I want to see Cibernetico Vs Generico.

OLE VERSUS CIBE!!!

Rottenjesus
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:23 am  Reply with quote

Chainsaw wrote:
Rottenjesus wrote:

Quote:

I have to get 6 Year Anniversary sometime, just because I may be on it.

The AAA relationship interests me, but it seems like it may be driving a lot of their homegrown talent away, since the rumor is Konnan wants to book more American wrestlers on the show.

I hope they book AOTF against The Hell Brothers. Or like I said on Wrestlecrap, I want to see Cibernetico Vs Generico.

OLE VERSUS CIBE!!!

I would pay good money to see that. Yes I would. As for the AAA homegrown talent leaving because of this...it's their choice but you don't see wrestlers in NOAH or DRAGON GATE leaving because of ROH wrestlers appearing in their promotions.

You were at the 6th Anniversary Show? Now I'm officially jealous.