FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Official Watch Thread: Nov. 2 - Silence of the Lambs
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:43 am  Reply with quote

EXPOSED!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:44 am  Reply with quote

The FBI was very impressed by the film's accuracy in depicting criminal investigations, serial killers and their victims. However, they protested against the fact that Clarice discovers Buffalo Bill on her own, since inexperienced agents are never sent out alone on dangerous assignments. When Jonathan Demme explained to them that he wouldn't change it because it would be the psychological climax of the movie, they agreed, saying that it would be the most improbable course of action of all time, never to be repeated again.

I can see their point, but Clarice didn't know she was going somewhere dangerous, she thought she was going to talk to some old woman.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:45 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
The FBI was very impressed by the film's accuracy in depicting criminal investigations, serial killers and their victims. However, they protested against the fact that Clarice discovers Buffalo Bill on her own, since inexperienced agents are never sent out alone on dangerous assignments. When Jonathan Demme explained to them that he wouldn't change it because it would be the psychological climax of the movie, they agreed, saying that it would be the most improbable course of action of all time, never to be repeated again.

I can see their point, but Clarice didn't know she was going somewhere dangerous, she thought she was going to talk to some old woman.
An old lady? Look at me! I'm an attention whore!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:48 am  Reply with quote

Oh crap! It's a moth. Shocked
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
Ahhh! Kill it! Kill it!
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:49 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Gory wrote:
I do the tuck too.

Shocked
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:50 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
Gory wrote:
Ahhh! Kill it! Kill it!
But it's a rare moth from some place that was special ordered from some place.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:50 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
I do the tuck too.

Shocked
EXPOSED!
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:51 am  Reply with quote

I like how big the basement is.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:52 am  Reply with quote

Heh, made the comment about Gillian Anderson as Clarice earlier and just found out she was up for the role for Hannibal...

Gillian Anderson's contractual obligations to this series stated that she could not play an F.B.I. agent in any other production during the series run. As such, Anderson lost out the chance to portray Clarice Starling in Hannibal (2001).
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:53 am  Reply with quote

More moths!!!!
Lunablix
Little Fucker

Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
I do the tuck too.

Shocked
EXPOSED!

There's the tuck. Laughing
Gory

BlackFlagg wrote:
Heh, made the comment about Gillian Anderson as Clarice earlier and just found out she was up for the role for Hannibal...

Gillian Anderson's contractual obligations to this series stated that she could not play an F.B.I. agent in any other production during the series run. As such, Anderson lost out the chance to portray Clarice Starling in Hannibal (2001).
I didn't know that. That would have been interesting.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:55 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
Lunablix wrote:
Gory wrote:
I do the tuck too.

Shocked
EXPOSED!

There's the tuck. Laughing
It technically keeps me from being arrested since I'm not actually flashing any of my privates. Mr. Green
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:56 am  Reply with quote

One of only three films (the others being It Happened One Night (1934) and One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest (1975)) to win the top five Oscars - Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Director, Best Picture and Best Screenplay (Adapted).

Anthony Hopkins's performance was the shortest ever to win a leading acting Oscar.

The movie's poster was as #16 of "The 25 Best Movie Posters Ever" by Premiere.

Clarice Starling was chosen by the American Film Institution as the sixth greatest film hero (out of fifty), the highest ranked female on the list; Hannibal Lecter was chosen as the #1 greatest film villain (also out of fifty).

Entertainment Weekly voted this as the fourth scariest film of all time.

In 2007, the American Film Institute ranked this as the #74 Greatest Movie of All Time.