FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> FIRES RISING--MY NEW NOVEL
mlaimo
PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:19 pm  Reply with quote

Hi all--long time lurker, first time poster.

I just wanted to let you know that my new novel, FIRES RISING (Leisure, March 08 is now up for preorder:

http://www.amazon.com/Fires-Rising-Michael-Laimo/dp/0843960647/ref=sr_1_8/104-4328778-9353529?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1191589968&sr=1-8

FIRES RISING is my most horrific book to date, taking place at the onset of apocalypse in New York City.

There's something here for every horror fan: demons and zombies and religious desecration. It is the most visceral book I've ever written. It's a horror novel, in every sense of the word, with monsters and action in nearly every chapter.

It is the perfect book for someone who has never read something by me. It is also the perfect book for those who are familiar with my work, as there are tons of inside references to my novels and my friends. Some of the characters within: Keene, Wrath, Rollo, Dallas, Seymour, and many others.

I hope everyone here checks out FIRES RISING when it comes out (March 08. I am VERY pleased with this book--I think it is my best work.

Thanks for your ears (and eyes)!

Mike
Aaron2010
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 2:30 am  Reply with quote

Sounds great to me, Michael. Looking forward to it.
mlaimo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 3:47 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks so much. The book should be available in a few weeks, perhaps by Feb 20th. I'm looking forward to getting this one out, as I've got a sequel to Deep In The Darkness in the till...
walking-dead
PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

Thanks Michael.

I've liked your other books and will certainly pick this one up as well. Like you, I'm a long-time lurker here but just started posting. Anything else you have on the way?
mlaimo
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 12:49 pm  Reply with quote

Hey Walking-dead, I do in fact have a new Limited Edition Hardcover being released in March from Borderlands Press. It's called DARK RIDE. It has 23 stories, over 90,000 words of fiction, and an intro from Brian Keene. Plus, personal intros for each tale. YOu can reserve a copy now at www.borderlandspress.com. There's still copies available, but they're selling fast. This will be limited to 500 copies. Hope you get one!

Michael
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2008 2:01 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

Just an FYI; Micheal did a Dreadtime Story that's actually the first chapter from Fires Rising; look for it sometime next month!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
walking-dead
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:00 pm  Reply with quote

Michael, thanks for the heads up. I would love to get the ltd edition books. Not sure if I'll swing it this month though as recent unexpected costs will crimp the extra spending. So, I'll try likely next month and keep my fingers crossed.

I have to ask. In your earlier book, Atmosphere, what was up with the bald guys? I don't seem to remember the significance of them all aspiring to look alike.
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 5:28 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

Of course, I'd be remiss to not point out that you can show your support for Dread Cental by getting the book from Evilshop, as well. How cool would you be then?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
mlaimo
PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 7:18 pm  Reply with quote

The bald guys in Atmosphere, otherwise known as the 'Harbingers', were used by the 'Atmosphere' to gather you ng youths for harvesting. They were photo-sensitive, due to their hypnotic states, hence the sunglasses. The bald heads--well, if there was a true specific reason for them, then I must say I don't remember. it's been ten years since I wrote the book. It's possible that it was also due to them being used by the 'Atmosphere', and were hypnotically driven to do so, but I can't remember the specifics.
walking-dead
PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 2:52 pm  Reply with quote

Michael, another reason could be that the aliens like conformity/uniformity??? Aaahhhh, I'm grasping. Either way, I liked the read and enjoyed the hard-boiled edge to the horror/sci-fi.
mlaimo
PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:35 pm  Reply with quote

Not a grasp--you're probably right.
mlaimo
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:31 pm  Reply with quote

Less than three weeks until Fires Rising ships--DREAD CENTRAL has lots of copies coming in--why not order one now?
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:09 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

The man speaks the truth; you should get one now!
-Future_Master_Of_Horror-
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:23 pm  Reply with quote

Johnny Butane wrote:
The man speaks the truth; you should get one now!

*cough*uber-plug*cough* Razz
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:27 pm  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

Sorry, but we need the sales! So sue us!