FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Author Message
Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> Watch Thread: Unofficial Movie Night: Oct. 5th - Stand By Me
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:19 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

While filming the scene in which Ace Merrill takes Gordie's brother's Yankees cap, Kiefer Sutherland's first instinct was to put it on, rather than hand it to Eyeball Chambers. Reiner told Sutherland not to put the hat on as a way of showing that Ace was stealing it just to be cruel to Gordie and not because the hat itself was at all important to Ace. Sutherland and Wheaton both confirm in the DVD's behind the scenes documentary that the reason that Gordie never gets the hat back from Ace is that Ace threw it away immediately after stealing it from Gordie.

To keep in character while off-camera, Kiefer Sutherland often picked on Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, and Jerry O'Connell.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

"Did your mother ever have any kids that lived?"
"What do you mean?"
Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

BlackFlagg wrote:
While filming the scene in which Ace Merrill takes Gordie's brother's Yankees cap, Kiefer Sutherland's first instinct was to put it on, rather than hand it to Eyeball Chambers. Reiner told Sutherland not to put the hat on as a way of showing that Ace was stealing it just to be cruel to Gordie and not because the hat itself was at all important to Ace. Sutherland and Wheaton both confirm in the DVD's behind the scenes documentary that the reason that Gordie never gets the hat back from Ace is that Ace threw it away immediately after stealing it from Gordie.

To keep in character while off-camera, Kiefer Sutherland often picked on Wil Wheaton, River Phoenix, Corey Feldman, and Jerry O'Connell.
Cool bit of trivia.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:24 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

American Werewolf wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
This is one of my favorite King adaptations and just a great coming of age movie.

Indeed, I can't even imagine how many times I watched this and The Goonies as a kid, heh
I used to watch all the time when it premiered on HBO back in the day. Speaking of Different Seasons I think Apt Pupil gets a bad rap. It's not a good as SBM and isn't as powerful as the source material but it still makes for a good movie. I digress... Embarassed
Agreed.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:24 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

In the Kiefer Sutherland TV show "24" there is a also character named Milo Pressman played by Eric Balfour.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:25 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

Ugh. Stop being so slow. Weeping openly

Beware of Chopper. Mr. Green
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:27 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

"This is really a good time. "




Although it would be better if I could post faster. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:28 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1545
Location: NJ

LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
This is one of my favorite King adaptations and just a great coming of age movie.

Indeed, I can't even imagine how many times I watched this and The Goonies as a kid, heh
I used to watch all the time when it premiered on HBO back in the day. Speaking of Different Seasons I think Apt Pupil gets a bad rap. It's not a good as SBM and isn't as powerful as the source material but it still makes for a good movie. I digress... Embarassed
Agreed.

That I digress? Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

Gory wrote:
"This is really a good time. "




Although it would be better if I could post faster. Laughing


Indeed, heheh

"Go get the provisions you morphadite."
"Don't call me any of your mothers pet names"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:30 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 10783
Location: Chicago, IL

Corey Feldman's character didn't wear glasses but in editing they felt he needed something else to differentiate him from the others so they decided to digitally add glasses to him. That process cost as much money as it cost to make the film itself.




Ok. I made that up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:32 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

American Werewolf wrote:
LivingDeadPunk wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
This is one of my favorite King adaptations and just a great coming of age movie.

Indeed, I can't even imagine how many times I watched this and The Goonies as a kid, heh
I used to watch all the time when it premiered on HBO back in the day. Speaking of Different Seasons I think Apt Pupil gets a bad rap. It's not a good as SBM and isn't as powerful as the source material but it still makes for a good movie. I digress... Embarassed
Agreed.

That I digress? Laughing
Yes. I agree that you do not have indigression.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

"Now he said sic him boy, but what I heard was Chopper, sic balls!"
Classic Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:38 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

"If either one of you assholes had $2,000 I'd kill you both" Laughing

LOLLIPOP~!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:41 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 9301
Location: Rhode Island

Ahh, the Superman vs Mighty Mouse debate, heh
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:41 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 5679
Location: Cleveland, OH

I disagree with the idea that a cartoon couldn't beat up a real guy. I'm pretty sure Panthro would beat the life out of Woody Allen.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 3 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Dread Central Cinema

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum