FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Bioshock
conundrum
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:14 am  Reply with quote

So, anyone else looking forward to this? I am not much of a FPS person, but between this and Crysis I may grab 2 before the end of the year. The advance word is great, and I would like to hear what anyone who has the 360 demo has to say (no 360 here, but the PC I built earlier this year is more than up to the requirements).
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:28 am  Reply with quote

The demo is simply amazing. Aside from a few glitches here and there everything worked really well.

I don't really want to spoil what the story is about, but there's a huge plane crash in the beginning which leads you to the main enterance of Rapture. These first few minutes demonstrate just how powerful the Unreal Engine is in the right hands.

Gameplay is more or less that of your basic FPS. You have guns and melee weapons, but the added kicker are the plasmids. Though you only get two in the demo, they fucking rock. The first is the lightning plasmid which can primarily be used to stun enemies, but if used correctly it can dispact several of them if they are standing in water.

The next plasmid is a fist full of fire! You can incinerate your foes, but it doesn't exactly kill them. Instead it knocks out a good deal of their health allowing you time to shoot them.

Another added gameplay element is hacking. The player can hack into security cameras and defensive devices like patroling robots and flying guns. To hack you can either pay a small fee or enter into a mini-game. If you choose the second option a board full of tiles will pop up in which the player must construct a tube that carriest energy from one side of the board to another.

Simple enough in these first stages, but there's no doubt these will become more complex when moving on to bigger and better security equipment. If nothing else you can always use the cash you've collected off dead bodies to just pay off the machine and save yourself some trouble.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:14 pm  Reply with quote

I played the demo and it was great. I think the horror game I am most looking forward to though is Jericho. Where the hell is the gameplay footage for that game?
Snakeeyes
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 2:00 pm  Reply with quote

Dread Central IS gonna do a review of this game right? Can't wait till the 21st.
DW Bostaph Jr
PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2007 8:59 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Read this:

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=83#comments

The comments nearly killed me! Laughing
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 11:06 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Lord Cthulhu wrote:
Read this:

http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=83#comments

The comments nearly killed me! Laughing

Hilarity ensues.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 12:27 am  Reply with quote

Bioshock is fucking SICK! This game has to win some awards! I can't stop, I'm addicted to this game.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:37 am  Reply with quote

I was unaware that the SDF was still in operation. Not much of a news site at all. They missed one of the most important parts of Bioshock in that story: it is PC and 360 exclusive. Good luck with the PS3 version there boy-o.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:18 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

Kryten Syxx wrote:
I was unaware that the SDF was still in operation. Not much of a news site at all. They missed one of the most important parts of Bioshock in that story: it is PC and 360 exclusive. Good luck with the PS3 version there boy-o.

They probably think that eventually, all 360 games will come to the PS3.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Sylizar
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:11 pm  Reply with quote

This game is fucking amazing i lost track of what time it was playing it (5:14 a.m)
rogueboy138
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 1:08 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

All I have to say is WOW!!!!!!!
Same here... I started playing at 7pm and next thing I knew it was 1:20am.

I am going through it very slowly to take in the FUCKING AMAZING graphics of this game.
The surround sound is the best one since the Silent Hill series for creepy atmosphere.

All of the ramblings and whisperings...AND the SHADOWS on the walls around corners...
WOW!
Seeing the shadow of a woman leaning over and poking into a baby carrage on the hallway wall, and hearing her go from a whisper to a scream why the baby won;t wake up, and why it is blue and not moving...
DAMN!!!!!!!

And not even going to get started ont he good Doctor...FUCKED UP stuff.
The tape of the nurse tellinghim what a great surgery it was...only to hear him say he is not done and hear him continue to cut the patient while the nurse slowly loses it and calls for the cheif of surgery for help. Chill inducing.
Can't wait to get home and play more...
t.
elric300
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 2:42 pm  Reply with quote

Xbox360 being pushed too hard? Bwuhahahahahahhahahahhaaa! That's funny.

The demo rocked. Awesome look, and a lot of fun. I love me some lightning. If I ever get super powers in this lifetime, I'm going for lightning. It just scares the bejesus outta people Twisted Evil .

A lot of PC people are royally pissed at the online activation they have to go through. Apparently, it's not working, and it also restricts you to 5 installations per key. Not very happy customers. on the other side, on the 360, it's plug and play all the way.
DW Bostaph Jr
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:21 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Would you kindly tell me how someone could think this game sucks?
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:26 pm  Reply with quote

Console war soldiers, LC. Those tiny minded fools that have their cocks strapped to whatever system they like the most. They tend to say crazy things.
elric300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:40 am  Reply with quote

Yeah, the system loyalty thing is really getting weird, these days.

BIOSHOCK is destined to be a classic, at least on the 360.
The only thing which has me concerned is I've heard that people have had BIOSHOCK lock up on them on the 360. Something to do with the hard drive cache. There's supposed to be a patch on the way, but I'm a bit worried that we'll see the same kind of release now then patch later trend that plagues a lot of PC games.