FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Reaper
Emy
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:42 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 16 Jul 2006
Posts: 1423
Location: The Cliffs of Insanity

Yeah it will be on CW... So what?!?!

The pilot was screened at Comi Con and it was pretty good. Now I kinda wanna see what will happen in this series. Kevin Smith directed the pilot and Ray Wise was cast as the devil himself, I will at least watch a few episodes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2007 2:45 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 8773
Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I like that Ray Wise is in it, but I still can't get my mind around the idea that this isn't on Sci-Fi.
_________________
Kate, Honey, I may be a bastard, but I'm not a fucking bastard.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
conundrum
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:34 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

*cough*Brimstone*cough*
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 8:52 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1895
Location: Biloxi, MS

conundrum wrote:
*cough*Brimstone*cough*


More like G vs E if you ask me.

Debut episode was mildly entertaining but I cannot fathom this lasting as a series. It's only been one episode and the Kevin Smith-ish best friend has already worn out his welcome.
_________________
NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:THE UNBEARABLE HEXNESS OF BENDING
Plus...
My blog devoted to the cinematic schlocktastic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 10:41 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

I don't get the "buzz" surrounding this show. Outside of the premise of having parents selling their firstborn's soul to devil the show isn't very original at all. Boring, predictable characters and cliched bits about Heaven and Hell. It'll just be a freak of the week series.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:45 am  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

But I needed a new 'Freak of the Week' series, damn it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EvilRex
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:45 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1237
Location: ORLANDO

Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
But I needed a new 'Freak of the Week' series, damn it.


Early seasons of Smallville and Millennium can scratch that itch. All without that annoying Jack Black clone.
_________________
Open your textbooks to the chapter concerning your death.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Dr Malachi Constant
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:10 pm  Reply with quote
Awaiting a Nifty Title


Joined: 25 Jun 2006
Posts: 9513
Location: There... WOLF!!

I'll give it up to Millenium ... but Smallville can lick my sack.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
conundrum
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 7:28 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 1022
Location: On... teh INTERWEB!!1!

Foywonder wrote:
conundrum wrote:
*cough*Brimstone*cough*


More like G vs E if you ask me.


Without having seen it, yeah, I can see what you mean especially due to the comedic overtones.

*sigh* I miss both those shows...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:03 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

I really liked "Reaper."

Will continue watching until it's cancelled.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 25 Aug 2006
Posts: 12028
Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

I liked it, very fun and something to bring up the slack near the middle of the week tv schedule.
_________________
Things we do not talk about in General Chat.
1.Politics.
2.Religion
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
Melissa Bostaph
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:28 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 844

I thought it was great! I'm there until it's gone!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Bone Daddy
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 12:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 28 Aug 2006
Posts: 3869
Location: New York

Terminal wrote:
I really liked "Reaper."

Will continue watching until it's cancelled.



Indeed. If I watch it, it shall be cancelled.
_________________
Zombis Nazis gobiernan!



Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 1:00 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

EvilRex wrote:
Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
But I needed a new 'Freak of the Week' series, damn it.


Early seasons of Smallville and Millennium can scratch that itch. All without that annoying Jack Black clone.


Second season of MILLENNIUM is where it's at -- Morgan and Wong's story arc made that show and was much more interesting than the "serial killer of the week" quagmire of the first season. The moment Chris Carter abandoned MILLENNIUM, it blossomed. The moment he came back for Season 3, it sank right into the abyss again.

SMALLVILLE, for my vote, was utter crap right out of the gate. There's nothing defensible about any of it.

As for the "Jack Black character" in REAPER, I've had a fondness for Tyler Labine ever since he played the "stoner kid" back in those two classic Season 3 X-FILES episodes, "War of the Coprophages" and "Quagmire." I also rather liked him in the underrated INVASION from a couple years back.

I found REAPER to be a reasonably fun take on some tired material, certainly more interesting than the dour and dully-written BRIMSTONE (yeah, I know it has its small fanbase, but the show frankly sucked - almost as much as the lame, faux-hip G VS E). And anything that features Ray "Leland Palmer" Wise in it as the devil is all right in my book -- his "chin up, little trooper" speech was marvelous, as was his parting moment, gleefully following a shopper off into the store. It's far from a perfect show, but the humor worked far more often than it failed.

The CW needs to pair this up with SUPERNATURAL pronto.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 9:25 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
EvilRex wrote:
Dr Malachi Constant wrote:
But I needed a new 'Freak of the Week' series, damn it.


Early seasons of Smallville and Millennium can scratch that itch. All without that annoying Jack Black clone.


Second season of MILLENNIUM is where it's at -- Morgan and Wong's story arc made that show and was much more interesting than the "serial killer of the week" quagmire of the first season. The moment Chris Carter abandoned MILLENNIUM, it blossomed. The moment he came back for Season 3, it sank right into the abyss again.

SMALLVILLE, for my vote, was utter crap right out of the gate. There's nothing defensible about any of it.

As for the "Jack Black character" in REAPER, I've had a fondness for Tyler Labine ever since he played the "stoner kid" back in those two classic Season 3 X-FILES episodes, "War of the Coprophages" and "Quagmire." I also rather liked him in the underrated INVASION from a couple years back.

I found REAPER to be a reasonably fun take on some tired material, certainly more interesting than the dour and dully-written BRIMSTONE (yeah, I know it has its small fanbase, but the show frankly sucked - almost as much as the lame, faux-hip G VS E). And anything that features Ray "Leland Palmer" Wise in it as the devil is all right in my book -- his "chin up, little trooper" speech was marvelous, as was his parting moment, gleefully following a shopper off into the store. It's far from a perfect show, but the humor worked far more often than it failed.

The CW needs to pair this up with SUPERNATURAL pronto.


Agree on Smallville, Agree on Supernatural.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 2
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum