FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Joss Whedon's Ripper on BBC - Negotiations Close To Finished
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 11:32 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.tvsquad.com/2007/07/28/comic-con-joss-whedon-panel-breaking-news/

90 minutes! Woo-hoo!

I thought this project was dead and buried. I hope this week the negotiations go through swimmingly and we're graced with this special (with Anthony Stewart Head involved) ASAP.

And if the ratings are splendid, perhaps we might be treated to a Ripper TV series? One can hope, at least.

Other Whedon goodness from Comic Con...

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/33489

* From the Joss Whedon panel: Whedon just finished writing "the horror film to end all horror films -- literally" with fellow Buffy/Angel alumnus Drew Goddard. It's called Cabin in the Woods. (Goddard, you’ll recall, also wrote J.J. Abrams’ mysterious upcoming Cloverfield movie.)

* Whedon says he's not done with Future Vampire Slayer Malaka Fray.

* Whedon has a new webcomic called “Sugarshock” at myspace.com/darkhorsepresents

* Warren Ellis (“Global Frequency,” “NewUniversal,” “Black Summer” will succeed Joss Whedon as writer on the top-selling “Astonishing X-Men” comic.

* Some who won the “Comic-Con Dinner With Joss Whedon” auction actually got to dine with more than one celebrity. Popular romance novelist Suzanne Brockmann bid for and won two of the six seats at that table for herself and her husband.

* Faith the Vampire Slayer won’t be the only old character reintroduced in issue six of the “Buffy: Season Eight” comic.
DubD
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:23 am  Reply with quote

Wow thanks for all this info!! I was a huge fan of the series but been out of the loops since the end of the series. I'll be keeping an eye out, thanks again! Very Happy
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:26 am  Reply with quote

DubD wrote:
Wow thanks for all this info!! I was a huge fan of the series but been out of the loops since the end of the series. I'll be keeping an eye out, thanks again! Very Happy

You're very welcome! Smile
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:53 am  Reply with quote

Whoa.. rock! I thought Ripper was dead in the water too, glad to hear it's not, and I'm glad to hear that he wants to do more with Fray as well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:53 pm  Reply with quote

I'll believe this when it happens. Whedon announced it several times in the past, along with the BUFFY animated series.