FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Firefly
Miss Wormwood
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:58 am  Reply with quote

Ah, sweet Firefly. How I miss you. The secret fangirl fantasies of joining the rag-tag team of rebellious misfits. The numerous wank sessions picturing self in Nathan Fillion-Adam Baldwin sandwich. The pain of there only being 15 episodes when Full House ran for eight fucking years. It burns, but I'd rather have loved and lost than never have seen Inara tongue-kiss that big-tittied space wench who married Mal in that one episode.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:37 am  Reply with quote

Look at my avatar.

I watch the boxed set and the movie every four months.

I have a six dollar Keychain from the UK.

Mal can kick Han's ass.

LOVE this show.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
GODHOOD
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:07 am  Reply with quote

A great series that didn't catch on when it was on the air, although it didn't help that FOX didn't show the pilot first, instead they broadcast the train robbery episode. The movie rocks by the way.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:09 am  Reply with quote

GODHOOD wrote:
A great series that didn't catch on when it was on the air, although it didn't help that FOX didn't show the pilot first, instead they broadcast the train robbery episode. The movie rocks by the way.

Well, they DID show the pilot.

The Train Job was the second pilot. FOX felt "Serenity" was too complicated and verbose for a series that they were promoting as action science fiction, so Train Job is the second pilot they forced Whedon to film which is basically a condensed characterization with a lot more action.

I personally prefer "Serenity" over "The Train Job", but my buddy Brandon thinks "The Train Job" has a better idea of the mood of the series.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Johnny Butane
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:35 am  Reply with quote
Elf Fluffer

Brilliant. Love this show, loved the movie, love the man who created it (though not in that way), and it's terrible to think that there will never be more. Sure, they can try and do comics or books or even an animated series, but nothing is going to be as good as this show.

And of course, I have guilt for not watching it when it was on the air. I just wasn't for something from Joss that was so drastically not Buffy, which I think was the problem with most viewers, unforutnately.

When I got to interview Nathan Fillion for Slither it was probably the most geeked-out I've ever been in my history of running a horror site. Ironic since techically he's a sci-fi star, eh?
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:37 am  Reply with quote

Johnny Butane wrote:
Brilliant. Love this show, loved the movie, love the man who created it (though not in that way), and it's terrible to think that there will never be more. Sure, they can try and do comics or books or even an animated series, but nothing is going to be as good as this show.

I'd settle for at least a Sci-Fi Original movie. Something. He left some plots in the air.

Johnny Butane wrote:
And of course, I have guilt for not watching it when it was on the air. I just wasn't for something from Joss that was so drastically not Buffy, which I think was the problem with most viewers, unforutnately.

Well, I'm not a hardcore Buffy fan, but I thought it was a good show. However, "Firefly" had much more potential. It had epic possibilities. It's a shame FOX never recognized that.
Kevin
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:33 pm  Reply with quote

Crap. Now I'm going to have the ballad of Jayne stuck in my head all day...

I was one of the few who actually watched the show when it was first aired. I remember thinking it was cool that Joss made a western with a sci-fi backdrop, but I wasn't sure that I'd watch the other episodes. That is, until Mal kicked the one henchman and he got sucked into the engine. At that point, I was hooked! Great show. Its demise was a tragedy.

Originial SciiFi channel movies would be very cool.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 6:34 pm  Reply with quote

Kevin wrote:
Crap. Now I'm going to have the ballad of Jayne stuck in my head all day...

I was one of the few who actually watched the show when it was first aired. I remember thinking it was cool that Joss made a western with a sci-fi backdrop, but I wasn't sure that I'd watch the other episodes. That is, until Mal kicked the one henchman and he got sucked into the engine. At that point, I was hooked! Great show. Its demise was a tragedy.

Originial SciiFi channel movies would be very cool.

Mal is IT. Case closed. He got Han beat.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:48 pm  Reply with quote

"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

This show had so much potential, fuckin' Fox Sad
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:57 pm  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
"We're not gonna die. We can't die, Bendis. You know why? Because we are so very pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

One of the funniest lines of the show:

Jayne: So--she's a witch?
Wash: Yes Jayne. She's a witch. She has had congress with the beast.

Brings me to tears every time.

It's become a new tradition for me. Every four months I watch the whole set. It's so much fun. Good thing these episodes have replay value.

Last edited by Terminal on Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
sgtpeppers
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:04 pm  Reply with quote

I love this show! I didn't watch it until just before Serenity came out. I listen to 2 different Podcasts to get my Firefly fix now.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 8:05 pm  Reply with quote

sgtpeppers wrote:
I love this show! I didn't watch it until just before Serenity came out. I listen to 2 different Podcasts to get my Firefly fix now.

Me neither.

I went to see Land of the Dead with my mom and they showed the "Serenity" trailer, and I thought "Oh shit, that looks bad-ass". A week before "Serenity" came out they gave the whole series on Sci Fi, and I saw it and became an instant fan.
Elf
PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 11:51 pm  Reply with quote

Unfortunately, I missed it on Fox as well. Partly because my local FOX, which stands for Fuckers Off X. . . something. Well, they're fuckers. Back to the story, they kept preempting it for baseball games and shit so you NEVER knew what time it was on. I mean, I was going to watch it because, well, I adore Joss Whedon.

Then the show died because FOX were fuckers.

And was resurected because of the fans. Now, how nifty is that? We got our movie. Shame there wasn't more.

Much love for Mal. I would MARRY Nathan Fillion if I could. Also, surprises the HECK out of me is that man's accent. He sounds like they picked him up out of Wyoming or Texas and he's actually from Canada, freaky huna?
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:04 am  Reply with quote

Elf wrote:
Unfortunately, I missed it on Fox as well. Partly because my local FOX, which stands for Fuckers Off X. . . something. Well, they're fuckers. Back to the story, they kept preempting it for baseball games and shit so you NEVER knew what time it was on. I mean, I was going to watch it because, well, I adore Joss Whedon.

Then the show died because FOX were fuckers.

And was resurected because of the fans. Now, how nifty is that? We got our movie. Shame there wasn't more.

Much love for Mal. I would MARRY Nathan Fillion if I could. Also, surprises the HECK out of me is that man's accent. He sounds like they picked him up out of Wyoming or Texas and he's actually from Canada, freaky huna?

Summer Glau will always have a place in my heart. I know the popular choice for this show is Inara or Saffron, but I am so in love with River and Summer Glau.
Terminal
PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:06 am  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:

I know. I hate watching these on TV because when they're played, they still show those stupid intros spelling out the plot for us "So here's the deal, earth was destroyed the only countries that were left were America and China, blah blah..." Just watch the god damn show, why spell these things out for us?