FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> New Left 4 Dead Footage!
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:42 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

Played the demo, very interesting. It's like Counter-Strike, only a small team against a horde of zombies instead of against another team.

All of you who have it? You suck. If only Gamestop took blood plasma as a trade in, I could get it...
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 4360
Location: NYC baby!

Mr. Dark wrote:
Played the demo, very interesting. It's like Counter-Strike, only a small team against a horde of zombies instead of against another team.

All of you who have it? You suck. If only Gamestop took blood plasma as a trade in, I could get it...

Trade in Dead Space....There's nothing to see after you've beaten it anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:52 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Mr. Dark wrote:
Played the demo, very interesting. It's like Counter-Strike, only a small team against a horde of zombies instead of against another team.

All of you who have it? You suck. If only Gamestop took blood plasma as a trade in, I could get it...

Trade in Dead Space....There's nothing to see after you've beaten it anyway.


Um, yeah...already did that so I could get Fallout 3. Not trading Fallout 3, too much left to do even after finishing it once. Have a few others going that would be good trades (Bully, Simpsons) but have been playing Fable 2 too much to wrap those so I can turn them in.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:32 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Mr. Dark wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Mr. Dark wrote:
Played the demo, very interesting. It's like Counter-Strike, only a small team against a horde of zombies instead of against another team.

All of you who have it? You suck. If only Gamestop took blood plasma as a trade in, I could get it...

Trade in Dead Space....There's nothing to see after you've beaten it anyway.


Um, yeah...already did that so I could get Fallout 3. Not trading Fallout 3, too much left to do even after finishing it once. Have a few others going that would be good trades (Bully, Simpsons) but have been playing Fable 2 too much to wrap those so I can turn them in.

Hate to break it to you, but I saw Bully for $7 at Target, so if you go to Gamestop they might give you a nickel.
I'll give ya 5 for it Very Happy
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:42 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

frank_dracman wrote:

Hate to break it to you, but I saw Bully for $7 at Target, so if you go to Gamestop they might give you a nickel.
I'll give ya 5 for it Very Happy


Gamestop is very weird. You get shitty prices on some things no matter when you trade them in, but then on other titles the trade ins are inflated beyond what they're actually worth.

Bully, last I checked, was still going for $26 used at Gamestop, so that'll be in the $5-7 range. Add 10% for my Gamer's Edge card and an extra 10% with a coupon I have, as well as possibly -more- percent if they're running one of many frequent specials that beef up your trade-in value. (20% extra if you trade in two next gen games, or if you trade in towards a specific title, for example) If I wait till I can grab a copy used, I'll get 10% off the already $5 less than retail price, so the beginning price is already $50, $10 less than retail.

If you work GS's own systems, you can do pretty well for yourself. If I had Bully and Simpsons done, I could probably score a used copy of L4D for around half price. L4D is a good candidate for waiting for used, because I think a lot of people will buy it without understanding the nature of it, that there's not some Half-Life-ish lengthy single player campaign but rather an online-oriented Counter-Strike style series of short level collections that you play over and over. Stuff like Guitar Hero World Tour is terrible to find used, because most people buy and keep it. This one will probably have used copies by this time next week.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:45 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

Oh, and PS: yes, if you're crafty, you CAN snag clearance titles at Target (who are particularly stupid in how they clear out current gen titles when they need room) and then trade them in at Gamespot for -profit-. I've done it more than once. Grab a game for WAY below market value, play it for a few days and snag the easy achievements, then trade it at GS for the same price I paid for it or a little more. You just have to spend a LOT of time lurking around those endcaps at the back of electronics in Target where they shove piles of clearance.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 5:32 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

Okay, it's official: I got it. Couldn't afford it, had to sacrifice two games I wasn't really finished with to the unholy altar of Gamestop, but I got it.

Look for me starting tomorrow, I assume. Too damn late to spend much time with it tonight.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:54 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

If one of those is fallout I will burn you at the stake.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 3:09 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

Impure159 wrote:
If one of those is fallout I will burn you at the stake.


Oh hell no, I'm not an idiot. Wink

Too much DLC coming for Fallout 3 and Fable 2, even if I was done with my first trip through Fable 2.

No, it was Bully, Simpsons, and Soul Calibur II for the Gamecube. Between the usual Gamer's Edge bonus and a Game Informer coupon for an extra 10% on trades, I got $22 towards a new copy (no used yet, unfortunately...would have gotten 20% off that total with another coupon and the GE discount). Not great prices, but I shouldn't have spent the $40, the full $60 was out of the question.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Spaceshark
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:00 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Apr 2008
Posts: 1390

Numbers make me dizzy. Selling sex for profit is so much easier!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Wed Nov 26, 2008 10:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 31 Dec 2007
Posts: 1463

Spaceshark wrote:
Numbers make me dizzy. Selling sex for profit is so much easier!

Those nickels add up, don't they champ? Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 4:02 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1895
Location: Biloxi, MS


_________________
NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:THE UNBEARABLE HEXNESS OF BENDING
Plus...
My blog devoted to the cinematic schlocktastic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 7:06 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 482
Location: God's Country

That's beautiful, man.
_________________
Mr. Dark
Part-Time Dread Central Gaming Guy
Full-Time Freelance Smartass
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 17 Jan 2008
Posts: 553

FOY KILLED ME! GODAMNIT!*

Now that I got that out of my system, I love this game. I love it so much.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CMax
PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:12 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Aug 2008
Posts: 93

This game is a lot funner than I thought it was going to be. Guess I should finally learn to never not trust Valve. Anyone up for Co-Op or mp hit me up: AcidHypnosis3.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 4 of 7
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> Fistful of Joystick

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum