FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> New Left 4 Dead Footage!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:29 am  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Impure159 wrote:
I don't have an xbox live account, nor did I ever plan on getting one but holy sweet jesus I'll pay anything to play that online.

Even without missing out Left 4 Dead, not having a Live account is a shame.

No it isn't, up till now there is nothing worth playing on Live, I have a silver account to download oblivion content. That is it. I absolutely abhor the Halo series and don't play games that often as it is. It isn't my idea of fun to pay just to listen to xbox fanboys bitch when you kill them in a game.

Call of Duty 2-4, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Crackdown, GRAW are all better games than Halo and great Live experiences. So yeah, it is a shame not to have a Live account. You don't have to listen to anyone bitch when you kill them since you only hear them in the lobby and there is a mute feature. So I consider your stance on the matter as a whole to be fairly ignorant.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:32 am  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:

I agree with Impure. Maybe I just have horrible luck, but every time I get an online game going, I'm either surrounded by little prepubescent twats that think it's cool to say fuck every three seconds or elite assholes that complain and yell if I don't follow their every command . Too Human, Mercenaries 2, The Outfit, Duke Nukem and Army of Two have all been a disaster for me. I would love to play online, but it's just too damn serious to most out there.

Do you not have friends that play online that have all or any of those games? I NEVER join a random co-op game nor do I have to.

Sure there are morons on the internet but the beauty of these games is that you can make the games private and only have friends join. It's great.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:03 pm  Reply with quote

frank_dracman wrote:

I agree with Impure. Maybe I just have horrible luck, but every time I get an online game going, I'm either surrounded by little prepubescent twats that think it's cool to say fuck every three seconds or elite assholes that complain and yell if I don't follow their every command . Too Human, Mercenaries 2, The Outfit, Duke Nukem and Army of Two have all been a disaster for me. I would love to play online, but it's just too damn serious to most out there.

Do you not have friends that play online that have all or any of those games? I NEVER join a random co-op game nor do I have to.

Sure there are morons on the internet but the beauty of these games is that you can make the games private and only have friends join. It's great.

I have a few friends, but they are never on when I am, plus the fact I maybe get online once a week. And even then, I rarely pull an all nighter, usually only a couple hours. I had Creepy as a friend, never had a chance to play with him.
It's like everything else. If you want to be good at it and have fun, ya gotta practice. I'm sure there are great players out there, but I just don't have the time or motivation to seek them out. Maybe Left for Dead will change that.
I grew up playing games by myself or with a buddy sitting uncomfortably close to me on the couch. Online PC has been around for a while, but console online is relatively new. I just never hopped on that wagon.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:34 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Most of the DC crew is on XBL at this point. I am as well (and have you friended) but I'm an old fuddy-duddy who doesn't play many multiplayer or co-op games. Left 4 Dead will absolutely be an exception (and watch for a special never-before-done kind of review for the game on DC!) and I'll almost assuredly be jumping into Champions Online and Star Trek Online once they hit consoles.

However, UC, Tristan, Kryten, Plagiarize, and maybe more all pop up on XBL frequently along with several readers, so that should provide you with some potential partners if you want to dip your toes into the waters of MP.

Johnny shows up online a lot too...but he's always playing Viva Pinata or My Little Pony or some shit...I don't know what's up with that guy. Wink
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:48 am  Reply with quote

For those that don't know if you reserved the game at Gamestop you got early demo access...Which started to day at 2 am PCT so I'm downloading it as we speak.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:02 pm  Reply with quote

For those that don't know if you reserved the game at Gamestop you got early demo access...Which started to day at 2 am PCT so I'm downloading it as we speak.

In the words of Napoleon Dynamite-
LUCKY!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:20 am  Reply with quote

SUPER disappointed. The levels are short and really the only thing you do is run and shoot...I don't think I'll be picking this one up.
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:08 am  Reply with quote

I hope the levels are longer later in the game. If that is the average length of the levels it will be a very short game.

Last edited by PrairieGhost on Sat Nov 15, 2008 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
thedarkestshadow
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:58 am  Reply with quote

This may have been answered before but does anyone know if there is going to be any kind of DRM like securerom on this game? I want the game but if there is going to be something like that then im not getting it.
Impure159
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 11:17 am  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
Impure159 wrote:
I don't have an xbox live account, nor did I ever plan on getting one but holy sweet jesus I'll pay anything to play that online.

No it isn't, up till now there is nothing worth playing on Live, I have a silver account to download oblivion content. That is it. I absolutely abhor the Halo series and don't play games that often as it is. It isn't my idea of fun to pay just to listen to xbox fanboys bitch when you kill them in a game.

Call of Duty 2-4, Rainbow Six Vegas 1 and 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, Crackdown, GRAW are all better games than Halo and great Live experiences. So yeah, it is a shame not to have a Live account. You don't have to listen to anyone bitch when you kill them since you only hear them in the lobby and there is a mute feature. So I consider your stance on the matter as a whole to be fairly ignorant.

So my stance on not liking multiplayer is ignorant? Thanks anyway but it's called personal taste.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:06 pm  Reply with quote

Well I spent a good amount of time with the demo yesterday. So far, the game looks promising. The controls are smooth although I couldn't figure out why they put in a quick 180 button. Until I played on the harder difficultly, of course. You and your team will get gangbanged faster than Jenna Jameson if you don't have eyes in the back of your head. Expert is the way to play. Fast and furious with a real sense of danger.

Speaking of team, this is where I ran into the most trouble. For the most part, it was kids or stupid people just running off and getting into trouble. On the normal diff. setting it's not a big deal. But on the harder levels the rest of us had to go save XxXmasterchef89XxX or whoever from being an ass.
Then I stumbled into a great group playing on expert. Well, there was one dummy running around, but the rest took it slow and steady. Teamed up with one guy and we really got into a grove. He emptied his shotgun, fell back and reloaded while I stepped up and started blasting and so on. That's teamwork. And if you have friends that play like that, the game will be awesome. $60 awesome? Only time will tell.
Pestilence
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:30 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Only played the demo once through on single player last night and it does indeed look promising.

They've done a great job with the flashlights etc. and you're knee-deep in shit before you even know it. Graphics are a little disappointing considering how late in the game we are - but the Source engine is pretty old hat now so it's easy to forgive.

Looking forward to trying it multiplayer, but I am wary of jumping into a group with a bunch of idiots. That can really make or break an online game and it's rare finding any friends online who are willing to come away from Gears of War 2 to give this a shot.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:26 pm  Reply with quote

Impure159 wrote:
Impure159 wrote:
Impure159 wrote:

So my stance on not liking multiplayer is ignorant? Thanks anyway but it's called personal taste.

No, it's called ignorance because your stance on the matter is based on being uninformed or lacking actual experience so, ergo ignorance.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:28 pm  Reply with quote

One of the few things I DID like about the demo was how random teams I played with worked like a team...
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 10:25 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Love this game. First time I've ever downloaded a demo off of Xbox Live and was sold on buying the game because of it.