FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Assassin's Creed
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:38 pm  Reply with quote

Surprised no thread on this. Comes out next week and is a sure pick up for me. Here's a little write-up on the final build..

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=175158

Anyone else looking forward to this one? Very Happy
Verdugo
PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:32 am  Reply with quote

It does loop pretty nifty, but I do have a couple of concerns...

*SPOILERS*

The alleged futuristic elements that suggest Altir is someone or something from the future. Which can only either lead to an awful plot twist or is right away made out to be a futuristic combat simulator for futuristic beings
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 9:50 am  Reply with quote

Verdugo wrote:
It does loop pretty nifty, but I do have a couple of concerns...

*SPOILERS*

The alleged futuristic elements that suggest Altir is someone or something from the future. Which can only either lead to an awful plot twist or is right away made out to be a futuristic combat simulator for futuristic beings

Neither....Game is great!
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 1:52 pm  Reply with quote

The game is mostly great, but it becomes very repetitive: Listen to a conversation; pickpocket a guy; kill a guy. It was cool the first few times, but when you have to do that same thing in each city three times, it becomes boring.

The only time things get switched up comes when you must assassinate your main target. But even then you can usually just run up and stab 'em.

SPOILERS

When you do finally figure out and deal with the real threat, I was under the thought that we'd finally get to take the assassin gameplay out into the modern world. However, we're just slapped with a "see you next time" ending. At least the story was interesting enough to make me care about coming back in a couple years when/if the sequel comes out.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:27 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
The game is mostly great, but it becomes very repetitive: Listen to a conversation; pickpocket a guy; kill a guy. It was cool the first few times, but when you have to do that same thing in each city three times, it becomes boring.

I never found it boring because there is so much of it to do and it can be done in any order...It could use a bit more variety next time around, but still never found it boring...