FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> Tales from the Crypt returns?
Screamz
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2007 12:34 am  Reply with quote

Was just reading the new issue of Fango and there's a whole story about a company called Papercutz publishing fresh issues. They state they want the new series to be geared toward "all ages" which had me nervous at first, but if they keep in the old tradition of the original run, then I'm just fine with it since I think - content aside - pretty much any kid could read it and dig it.

I'm just curious, since the story didn't say, as to when the first issue will be available. Of course I don't expect these new stories to be even remotely as great as the originals, but I'm curious to see how they handle it. Willaim M. Gaines daughter - Cathy Gaines Mifsud - has stated that even she's surprised at "how well these writers can do a 'Dad' story."

Any thoughts good or bad or any info is always greatly appreciated... Razz
evildeadite123
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 6:54 am  Reply with quote

I think it's a great idea. I just hope that they keep the same balance between horror and comedy that the original had. I would hate to see the original sullied by a new version that is aimed at younger age groups and therefore focuses more on the humor than horror aspect of the comic.