FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> So I Bought a PS3
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:40 pm  Reply with quote

Compared to the PS3, MS hardly had "shit games" during launch.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:10 pm  Reply with quote

Uncle Creepy wrote:
Fuck brand loyalty.

I used to be a Sony person. Loved it. Then I went through five PS2's.

Five.

My loyalty only brought me headaches. I've never had a problem with my 360, and truth be told, it's probably my favorite console ever.
I own an original PS2 and I never had one problem with it. It still works. I'm not sure if it was a launch PS2 though, I could've gotten it like 5 months later. My Xbox 360 plays games but I often get a "cannot read disc" message within an hour. Other times it doesn't recognize the disc at all. It could be an overheating problem or the disc drive needs to be replaced.

I'm not loyal to any brand, that's foolish. I'll play any game on any system. There's no reason to limit myself.
ajburton29
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2007 11:34 pm  Reply with quote

NEVER buy a Sony launch console.
They cut too many corners to get them out fast and they always fuck up and malfunction.
I bought my PS2 on January of 2003, three years after the launch.
And it still works perfectly today. I've never had one problem with it.
I'm playing God of War II on it right now.
I'm buying my PS3 this August, before they take the chips out for backwards compatibility so they can lower the price.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2007 2:58 pm  Reply with quote

I have a slim PS2 and get this...I can't play God of War or God of War II on it...EVERY OTHER GAME plays fine on it except those two...

I love my 360 and with the notable exception of FFXIII there is no reason I would ever get a PS3...Even at "rock bottom" price dropping, I don't see it going below $250 and there's not much I care about that I'm missing...

I'm confident that Metal Gear will wind up on 360.
sonny gaunt
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:49 pm  Reply with quote

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
I have a slim PS2 and get this...I can't play God of War or God of War II on it...EVERY OTHER GAME plays fine on it except those two...

I love my 360 and with the notable exception of FFXIII there is no reason I would ever get a PS3...Even at "rock bottom" price dropping, I don't see it going below $250 and there's not much I care about that I'm missing...

I'm confident that Metal Gear will wind up on 360.

Brother, the BEST reason to own a PS3 is the fuckin' BR drive in it. This Mother Fucker hauls all kinds of ass-and is being up-graded on a semi-regular basis.
If you have a 1080p(set) you NEED this thing(along with a TOSHIBA Xa2) IMO.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:55 pm  Reply with quote

Bluray isn't cheap enough for me to pluck down the money for the machine AND the discs...I buy these machines for the games first and foremost....Always have, and until $600 because more like $100 to me, I will continue to do so.
sonny gaunt
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:18 pm  Reply with quote

Bluray isn't cheap enough for me to pluck down the money for the machine AND the discs...I buy these machines for the games first and foremost....Always have, and until $600 because more like $100 to me, I will continue to do so.

The upscaling(for PS2 games) is load blowing. Your respone is THE MAJOR reason for the system's price reduction. There are not many exclusive games out there. I own Ultimate Alliance and that's it for my PS3 games. Although it is amazing.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:32 pm  Reply with quote

I had Resistance ... and just traded that in. So all I have right now is just a Blu-ray player with two films. Sony didn't think this one out too well.
sonny gaunt
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:40 pm  Reply with quote

My man as long as you have HELLBOY and Descent you're OK(having PLANET EARTH is better).
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 1:58 pm  Reply with quote

sonny gaunt wrote:

The upscaling(for PS2 games) is load blowing. Your respone is THE MAJOR reason for the system's price reduction. There are not many exclusive games out there. I own Ultimate Alliance and that's it for my PS3 games. Although it is amazing.

When they drop it 200 bux, then I might take an interest...
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 7:14 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
I had Resistance ... and just traded that in. So all I have right now is just a Blu-ray player with two films. Sony didn't think this one out too well.
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a perfectly good reason to buy a PS3. MGS4 will keep me plenty busy until Sony scores more exclusives.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2007 8:17 pm  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:
Metal Gear Solid 4 is a perfectly good reason to buy a PS3. MGS4 will keep me plenty busy until Sony scores more exclusives.

One game is not enough of a reason to buy a PS3...Especially one that will have more hours of cinematics than actual game play...
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:02 am  Reply with quote

Depends on how long MGS4 stays exclusive.

Right now people like Plagiarize and myself are judging which versions of games to purchase based on quality and even the small things like achievements and a reliable online network. So far the 360 has been getting the better end of the deal with graphics and framerates. Maybe once the game makers figure out how to better handle the PS3 the tide will change but right now the system really has to rely on the exclusives and it is going to be a long wait to build up a good library.
sonny gaunt
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 12:31 am  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Depends on how long MGS4 stays exclusive.

Right now people like Plagiarize and myself are judging which versions of games to purchase based on quality and even the small things like achievements and a reliable online network. So far the 360 has been getting the better end of the deal with graphics and framerates. Maybe once the game makers figure out how to better handle the PS3 the tide will change but right now the system really has to rely on the exclusives and it is going to be a long wait to build up a good library.

Hell yes. But the BR player is GODHEAD.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 2:26 am  Reply with quote

With HD televisions only just now reaching 30% saturation the move to make a Blu-ray player mandatory in the PS3 was jumping the gun ... and the price. Sure it opens up a whole lotta space for developers but how long will it take for that sort of storage to really be needed on a frequent basis?