FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> So I Bought a PS3
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 4:48 am  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Depends on how long MGS4 stays exclusive.

That doesn't seem like Konami's style....but it's possible.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2007 11:52 am  Reply with quote

LSD Zombie wrote:
Kryten Syxx wrote:
Depends on how long MGS4 stays exclusive.

That doesn't seem like Konami's style....but it's possible.

Making money is their style...If MS doesn't move systems like they hope (which I doubt) they'll make it availible for 360 right away...

Remember when RE4 was only coming out on Gamecube?
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:52 am  Reply with quote

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6173911.html?action=convert&om_clk=latestnews&tag=latestnews;title;0

MGS4 multi-platform is possible.

Quote:
Speaking with Reuters, Konami North American and European operations head Kazumi Kitaue expressed doubt. "I wonder if Sony can win back user support by the price cut of just $100," Kitaue said, adding, "I don't expect a substantial impact...With $500, you can buy a personal computer."

Kitaue no doubt would like a cheaper PS3 in order to spike sales of the machine and have a larger installed user base in place for Konami's highly anticipated PS3 exclusive Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. However, the executive said Konami might have to bring the series to non-Sony systems in order to make its development money back.

"Since Metal Gear Solid was born for the PlayStation, we would like to keep it a PlayStation game," Kitaue said. "But we might have to take some steps."

What is more entertaining than that news are the reactions.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2007 12:39 pm  Reply with quote

Wow....Sony just fucked themselves. Hard. All four system selling titles are now gone, RE, DMC, MGS, GTA. Shame on you

Killzone 2 please don't suck! Annoyed
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 2:25 am  Reply with quote

The screen released for Killzone 2 are not matching up with that trailer released years ago. Not surprising and with its released also being pushed back to next year it looks like my PS3 will be acting as a DVD player for several more months.
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:03 am  Reply with quote

The screenshot you are talking about doesn't exactly match the graphics in the trailer, but I didn't think it looked that bad either.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 11:36 am  Reply with quote

I will agree that it looks good, but I was expecting to be totally blown away after all of Sony's hype. But hey, at least it is one more title to the catalog.

MGS4 did look good as well, but I would have rather seen gameplay footage.