FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Halo 3 Beta
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:51 pm  Reply with quote

Has finally arrived with only a few glitches. Though we are only given three maps (two of which are good) the overall experience of the multi-player is great. The new weapons and button layout have a much more fluid feel than the previous Halo title.

The multi-player did, however, bring back reasons why I hate Halo. It isn't the game itself, no; the fault lies solely in the people who play it. Within one unranked match I heard the n-word more times in 10 minutes than I had the whole year.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't without its humorous side. For example ... after getting beaten in a team game there was a lot of Ebonics trash talking coming from the other team, followed by two of them attempted to say the word 'statistics' only to be met with a load of trouble. Obviously simple words and the ability to structure the smallest of sentences is beyond some of these kids who are extremely proud of their ability to play a videogame. In those cases you almost want to name off your real-life achievements (job, education, money, ect.) and see how many they have. Flipping burgers while working the late shift at McDonalds does not count.

"You ain't shit, what what!"
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 6:04 pm  Reply with quote

Same shit happened to me. I doubt I get Halo 3 when it comes out because it feels just like Halo 2 and I didn't care much for Halo 2.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LSD Zombie
PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 8:08 pm  Reply with quote

Kryten Syxx wrote:
Has finally arrived with only a few glitches. Though we are only given three maps (two of which are good) the overall experience of the multi-player is great. The new weapons and button layout have a much more fluid feel than the previous Halo title.

The multi-player did, however, bring back reasons why I hate Halo. It isn't the game itself, no; the fault lies solely in the people who play it. Within one unranked match I heard the n-word more times in 10 minutes than I had the whole year.

Don't get me wrong, it isn't without its humorous side. For example ... after getting beaten in a team game there was a lot of Ebonics trash talking coming from the other team, followed by two of them attempted to say the word 'statistics' only to be met with a load of trouble. Obviously simple words and the ability to structure the smallest of sentences is beyond some of these kids who are extremely proud of their ability to play a videogame. In those cases you almost want to name off your real-life achievements (job, education, money, ect.) and see how many they have. Flipping burgers while working the late shift at McDonalds does not count.

"You ain't shit, what what!"
Laughing I know exactly what you're talking about. I had tons of fun playing Gears of War when it first came out, then it became overpopulated by foul-mouthed, high-pitched 12-year olds and black guys constantly calling me and others "niggah". I wanted to jam a very long Q-tip through one ear and out the other.
D. Mogg
PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:59 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't tried to play this yet. I have the download available, just have been busy. I will check it out tonight, thanks for the info!

Mr. Green
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:07 pm  Reply with quote

After playing some more of the beta it's not bad. But if I do get Halo 3 it'll just be played with people that is on my friends list.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger