FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> A monster of a meal!
Borgosi
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 3:51 am  Reply with quote

A cookbook for monster fans?!?! With recipes from people like Karloff, Lugosi, Lee and others! The text that follows is from one of the writers.

Yes it's true and the book is entitled IT CAME FROM THE KITCHEN (BearManor Media, Georgia) is publishing it. Due out in late June, 2007. I will take preorders at $20.00 a copy plus shipping or simply order thru http://bearmanormedia.bizland.com/id212.html

The book is 240 pages, 7 years in the making & includes Ray Harryhausen, Karloff has 2 recipes (the mustard & anther main course not mentioned on the HorrorBoard); Lugosi's cabage roles, Chaney's stew, a chicken recipe from Peter Cushing, a risotto Vincent Price liked & it even includes fun food related anecdotes from people who did not cook; other celebs include Gunnar Hansen, Janet Leigh, Tippi Hedren, Marguerite Chapman, John Agar, John Landis, Alfred Hitchcock, Forry Ackerman, Freddie Francis, Edgar Ulmer, Anne Francis, Rae Dawn Chong, Karen Black, Beverly Garland, Dana Wynter, Kevin McCarthy, Robert Clarke, Douglas Fairbanks Jr., Ib Melchior, Michael Pate, (both Creatures: Ricou Browning & Ben Chapman); Al Lewis, Pat Priest; a forward & 2 recipes by Ingrid Pitt & many more-have to leave you a few surprises!

If you go to the BearManor website you can link to my website as well. Just look for it under "sci-fi cookbook" on BearManor's site on the left side column. I will sign any books ordered through me & am grateful you showed me that thread. Thanks Gregory!

Any other questions please feel free to ask...

My Best,

Gord Reid

Go ahead and eat like a monster Very Happy