FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> CBS Picks Up Moonlight
Foywonder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:34 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1895
Location: Biloxi, MS

[quote="Messiahman"]
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.

Dude, I was there for Automan! I was there for Manimal! I was there for Good Grief! I was there for Women in Prison! I was there for Once A Hero! I was there for Heaven Help Us! I was there for University Hospital! I was there for Cleopatra 2525! I was there for Top of the Heap! I was there for Just the 10 of Us! I was there for He's The Mayor! I was there for Madame's Place! I was there for What's Happening Now! I was there for Bustin' Loose! I was there for What a Country! I was there for Cobra! I was there for Finder of Lost Loves! I was there for Acapulco H.E.A.T. I was there for Lottery! I was there for Whoops! I was there for Dalton's Code of Vengeance! I was there for The Highwayman! I was there for Open House! I was there for Learning the Ropes!

Do not challenge me in the field of bad television for I have seen things that would make you cry tears of blood. For god's sake, I have every episode of season 2 of Baywatch Nights on DVD!
_________________
NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:THE UNBEARABLE HEXNESS OF BENDING
Plus...
My blog devoted to the cinematic schlocktastic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:46 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

I was there for Brothers in Space, Shasta McNasty, Hi Honey, I'm Home, That 80's Show, Fish Police, Capital Critters, and... well many more that escapes my memory.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:48 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

[quote="Foywonder"]
Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.

Dude, I was there for Automan! I was there for Manimal! I was there for Good Grief! I was there for Women in Prison! I was there for Once A Hero! I was there for Heaven Help Us! I was there for University Hospital! I was there for Cleopatra 2525! I was there for Top of the Heap! I was there for Just the 10 of Us! I was there for He's The Mayor! I was there for Madame's Place! I was there for What's Happening Now! I was there for Bustin' Loose! I was there for What a Country! I was there for Cobra! I was there for Finder of Lost Loves! I was there for Acapulco H.E.A.T. I was there for Lottery! I was there for Whoops! I was there for Dalton's Code of Vengeance! I was there for The Highwayman! I was there for Open House! I was there for Learning the Ropes!

Do not challenge me in the field of bad television for I have seen things that would make you cry tears of blood. For god's sake, I have every episode of season 2 of Baywatch Nights on DVD!


You are a God!
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:11 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

[quote="Foywonder"]
Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.

Dude, I was there for Automan! I was there for Manimal! I was there for Good Grief! I was there for Women in Prison! I was there for Once A Hero! I was there for Heaven Help Us! I was there for University Hospital! I was there for Cleopatra 2525! I was there for Top of the Heap! I was there for Just the 10 of Us! I was there for He's The Mayor! I was there for Madame's Place! I was there for What's Happening Now! I was there for Bustin' Loose! I was there for What a Country! I was there for Cobra! I was there for Finder of Lost Loves! I was there for Acapulco H.E.A.T. I was there for Lottery! I was there for Whoops! I was there for Dalton's Code of Vengeance! I was there for The Highwayman! I was there for Open House! I was there for Learning the Ropes!

Do not challenge me in the field of bad television for I have seen things that would make you cry tears of blood. For god's sake, I have every episode of season 2 of Baywatch Nights on DVD!


I was there for all of them as well -- every single one you named, I was there, God help me, I was there. I was even there for SONS OF THUNDER and MR. PRESIDENT and ANOTHER MIDNIGHT RUN and THE MASTER. I was there for VANISHING SON. I was there for the failed LONE RANGER pilot with Chad Michael Murray. I was there for THE PHOENIX. I was there for PREY. I was there for IT'S YOUR MOVE. I was there for PUSH, NEVADA. I was there THE PJ's. I was there for both iterations of LAND OF THE LOST. I was there for AFTER MASH, HIGHLANDER: THE RAVEN, the animated HAPPY DAYS, the HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS show, DINOSAURS, ALF, CLIFFHANGERS, I DESIRE and friggin' NIGHT HEAT.

I watched BEVERLY HILLS BUNTZ.

I watched BAYWATCH NIGHTS in its entirety during its original run.

I was there for the premiere of NIGHT MAN.

I. Was. There.

You and I carry a heavy burden, my friend.

And for the record, I own the entire runs of SOMETHING IS OUT THERE and WEREWOLF on DVD, as well as the never-aired JUSTICE LEAGUE pilot with David Ogden Stiers as Martian Manhunter!
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"


Last edited by Messiahman on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:25 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:21 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Terminal wrote:
I was there for Brothers in Space, Shasta McNasty, Hi Honey, I'm Home, That 80's Show, Fish Police, Capital Critters, and... well many more that escapes my memory.


That's HOMEBOYS IN OUTER SPACE you're referencing, you amateur. Razz
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:24 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
Terminal wrote:
I was there for Brothers in Space, Shasta McNasty, Hi Honey, I'm Home, That 80's Show, Fish Police, Capital Critters, and... well many more that escapes my memory.


That's HOMEBOYS IN OUTER SPACE you're referencing, you amateur. Razz


Congratulations you know the title of a shitty show. Go MM! Laughing

Believe it or not, I used to LOVE that show.

Hey! Stop throwing the rocks at me!

Shut up!
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."


Last edited by Terminal on Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:27 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Terminal wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
Terminal wrote:
I was there for Brothers in Space, Shasta McNasty, Hi Honey, I'm Home, That 80's Show, Fish Police, Capital Critters, and... well many more that escapes my memory.


That's HOMEBOYS IN OUTER SPACE you're referencing, you amateur. Razz


Congratulations you know the title of a shitty show. Go MM! Laughing

Believe it or not, I used to LOVE that show.

Hey! Stop throwing the rocks at me!


What can I say? I have a memory for craptastic TV.

As for me, I was a huge fan of the DOCTOR STRANGE television movie, and I religiously watched THE POWERS OF MATTHEW STAR, so I can't throw stones.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:31 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

I also have a VHS collection of OTHERWORLD, autographed by Lew Hunter.

Pity me.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:35 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

I saw the entire run of "City Guys" and the first season of "Temptation Island."
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:38 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

I tuned in every week for AIRWOLF.

I drew pictures of STREET HAWK in my third grade class because I wanted that motorcycle.

I rode along with Mario Lopez and the bicycle cops of PACIFIC BLUE.

I was there in front of the tube for the original FOREVER KNIGHT pilot...with Rick Springfield in the lead! And you know what? It was better than MOONLIGHT!
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:43 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Yep, that's indeed true.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 8:33 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Messiahman wrote:
I was there for all of them as well -- every single one you named, I was there, God help me, I was there. I was even there for SONS OF THUNDER and MR. PRESIDENT and ANOTHER MIDNIGHT RUN and THE MASTER. I was there for VANISHING SON. I was there for the failed LONE RANGER pilot with Chad Michael Murray. I was there for THE PHOENIX. I was there for PREY. I was there for IT'S YOUR MOVE. I was there for PUSH, NEVADA. I was there THE PJ's. I was there for both iterations of LAND OF THE LOST. I was there for AFTER MASH, HIGHLANDER: THE RAVEN, the animated HAPPY DAYS, the HARRY AND THE HENDERSONS show, DINOSAURS, ALF, CLIFFHANGERS, I DESIRE and friggin' NIGHT HEAT.

I watched BEVERLY HILLS BUNTZ.

I watched BAYWATCH NIGHTS in its entirety during its original run.

I was there for the premiere of NIGHT MAN.

I. Was. There.

You and I carry a heavy burden, my friend.

And for the record, I own the entire runs of SOMETHING IS OUT THERE and WEREWOLF on DVD, as well as the never-aired JUSTICE LEAGUE pilot with David Ogden Stiers as Martian Manhunter!


Speaking of Push, Nevada, did a viewer even win that money?

And while we're walking down memory lane, MM...

Remember the 1992 CBS series Raven (starring Jeffrey Meek and Lee Majors) and The Hat Squad?
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Messiahman
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 9:19 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Indeed! I remember them both. I watched THE HAT SQUAD all the way through. Yikes.

Walking down memory lane, I have fond memories of A MAN CALLED SLOANE, which starred BAA BAA BLACK SHEEP's Robert Conrad as a superspy who was often accompanied by his buddy Torque, a man with a detachable hand, which could be replaced by a variety of implements -- drill, knife, gun, etc.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 10:42 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Bad shows I loved:

Small Wonder

Dracula - The Series

Swamp Thing

The Flash

===========

And though I didn't like it, I also remember a show about a family that had a live ventriloquist dummy that lived with them a la Alf. Hmm.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Foywonder
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 5:28 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1895
Location: Biloxi, MS

Messiahman wrote:
I was there for IT'S YOUR MOVE.


Whoa! Whoa! Whoa! Are you seriously dissing IT'S YOUR MOVE? That wasn't a bad show. That was a great show! You, sir, are officially disqualified from the competition. As added punishment you will be locked into the trunk of the car as the immortal Dregs of Humanity band take their fatal death plunge off the bridge.
_________________
NOW SHOWING IN FOYEURISM:THE UNBEARABLE HEXNESS OF BENDING
Plus...
My blog devoted to the cinematic schlocktastic!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 2 of 3
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum