FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews


Post new topic   Reply to topic
Author Message
Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> CBS Picks Up Moonlight
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:20 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/news.aspx?id=7387

Australian actor Alex O'Loughlin (Feed, The Shield) stars in the lead role.

A private investigator who's also a vampire? What does this sound like? Hmmm...Mr. Green
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Elf
PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2007 12:34 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 261

Gee, Angel anyone? Or Forever Knight? (Even though Nick was an actual cop and Angel . . . well, the only reason he became a sort of PI is because Cordelia sort of made him.)

Still, I dig the whole vamp detective angle so . . . I'll probably watch it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
ZombieBait
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 9:41 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 07 Oct 2006
Posts: 8

Oh damn. I was hoping this was that werewolf lawyer show.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 11:56 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

This airs tonight.

I expect mediocrity at best.

This television season is truly one of the suckiest in memory.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 2:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Messiahman wrote:
This airs tonight.

I expect mediocrity at best.

This television season is truly one of the suckiest in memory.


I TiVo'd Moonlight. Though I haven't seen it, I'll posit this, Messiahman...

Have you not seen the pure horror that IS My Big Fat Greek Life?! Laughing Mr. Green
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:10 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

By the way, that lion's roar you all heard was actually me yawning in the distance at this crummy, lame ass, predictable, cliche, contrived and formula procedural dressed as a vampire quasi-horror show. Pass.

Sorry Sophia.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Melissa Bostaph
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:32 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff


Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 844

I thought it was interesting enough. I'll watch until it goes bad, but hey I've never watched any of the other shows mentioned..I've never even watch Buffy more than once or twice.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:35 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

That opening made me scream "Okay, we get it, he's a vampire!"

I barely liked this show when it was called "Angel," and or "Forever Knight."

What's next, the story of a small town girl who goes to work in a big city magazine? Ugh.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
belle morte
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:03 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 1882

While I'm not sold on it yet, I didn't mind it. My only real complaint was the eye change when they "vamp out". I was glad for the exposition in the beginning and I like that they're out (sort of) in daylight.

Surprisingly, I don't mind the Mick St. John character. I think he might want to be Dean Winchester in a big way but he wasn't so bad. I'm not necessarily won over by the poor man's Kate Winslet, who whomever the main female character is and I thought Shannyn Sossamon looked a little silly in her brief scene but we'll see how the show progresses. I was skeptical from the get go and more so once I read about the best friend hedge fund trader but I'll give this show another shot next week as well and see how it goes from there.

I don't think it's the biggest piece of shit on television. It's not blazing any new trails but I didn't really expect it to. I went in expecting less than nothing and was surprised that I didn't hate it. So it wins another view out of me for next week at least.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:15 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

Watched it -- shitty, turgid dialogue, poorly developed lead characters, one-note acting, pedestrian plotting and a weak, hackneyed central premise. And it's filmed like one of those forgettable CBS late-night shows from the mid-80s (NIGHT HEAT, ayone?). Add to that the fact that it was unceremoniously stuck in the death slot, Friday nights at 9 on CBS, and it's a sure bet that it'll be gone in a few weeks.

Which won't be a shame. Move along, there's nothing to see here.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Terminal
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:20 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 8052
Location: Bronx, New York

Messiahman wrote:
Watched it -- shitty, turgid dialogue, poorly developed lead characters, one-note acting, pedestrian plotting and a weak, hackneyed central premise. And it's filmed like one of those forgettable CBS late-night shows from the mid-80s (NIGHT HEAT, ayone?). Add to that the fact that it was unceremoniously stuck in the death slot, Friday nights at 9 on CBS, and it's a sure bet that it'll be gone in a few weeks.

Which won't be a shame. Move along, there's nothing to see here.


It wouldn't surprise me. I say, good riddance.

I also hate how all these vampire shows have to have a line of dialog just to show how old they are.

"I remember when I was nine and they were chasing me with pitchforks."

Ugh, okay, I get it, you're a vampire!

And that opening interview was such a vapid way to get all the rules and guidelines out of the way. May as well have someone come out to explain it beforehand.

I'm not even giving it a couple of episodes to get better; sorry, Sophia.
_________________
----------
"We are bad guys. That means we've got more to do other than bullying companies. It's fun to lead a bad man's life."
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:31 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
This airs tonight.

I expect mediocrity at best.

This television season is truly one of the suckiest in memory.


I TiVo'd Moonlight. Though I haven't seen it, I'll posit this, Messiahman...

Have you not seen the pure horror that IS My Big Fat Greek Life?! Laughing Mr. Green


Oh please, dude. You call that bad? That barely even scratches the surface.

I bore witness to THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

I watched in horror as Fox unveiled SOUTH CENTRAL: THE SITCOM

I sat through THE TROUBLE WITH LARRY.

I was there for the premiere of COP ROCK.


What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 8:48 pm  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
This airs tonight.

I expect mediocrity at best.

This television season is truly one of the suckiest in memory.


I TiVo'd Moonlight. Though I haven't seen it, I'll posit this, Messiahman...

Have you not seen the pure horror that IS My Big Fat Greek Life?! Laughing Mr. Green


Oh please, dude. You call that bad? That barely even scratches the surface.

I bore witness to THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

I watched in horror as Fox unveiled SOUTH CENTRAL: THE SITCOM

I sat through THE TROUBLE WITH LARRY.

I was there for the premiere of COP ROCK.


What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.


You forgot about the NBC sitcom version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Messiahman
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:02 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 21 Jun 2006
Posts: 3019
Location: Hollywood

FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
This airs tonight.

I expect mediocrity at best.

This television season is truly one of the suckiest in memory.


I TiVo'd Moonlight. Though I haven't seen it, I'll posit this, Messiahman...

Have you not seen the pure horror that IS My Big Fat Greek Life?! Laughing Mr. Green


Oh please, dude. You call that bad? That barely even scratches the surface.

I bore witness to THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

I watched in horror as Fox unveiled SOUTH CENTRAL: THE SITCOM

I sat through THE TROUBLE WITH LARRY.

I was there for the premiere of COP ROCK.


What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.


You forgot about the NBC sitcom version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.


Did you actually watch it? It wasn't that bad, really.

Much better than the network version of UNCLE BUCK.

And neither of them came close to the sheer awfulness of... MEEGO!

Sorry dude, but you're still not scraping the bottom of the bad barrel that I have witnessed.
_________________
"According to witnesses, testimony and evidence...this massacre was the work of ninjas!"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 12:12 am  Reply with quote



Joined: 20 Jun 2006
Posts: 2683
Location: Savannah, Georgia

Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
FilmCritic3000 wrote:
Messiahman wrote:
This airs tonight.

I expect mediocrity at best.

This television season is truly one of the suckiest in memory.


I TiVo'd Moonlight. Though I haven't seen it, I'll posit this, Messiahman...

Have you not seen the pure horror that IS My Big Fat Greek Life?! Laughing Mr. Green


Oh please, dude. You call that bad? That barely even scratches the surface.

I bore witness to THE NEW ADVENTURES OF BEANS BAXTER.

I watched in horror as Fox unveiled SOUTH CENTRAL: THE SITCOM

I sat through THE TROUBLE WITH LARRY.

I was there for the premiere of COP ROCK.


What Foywonder is to B-films, I am to bad television shows.


You forgot about the NBC sitcom version of Ferris Bueller's Day Off.


Did you actually watch it? It wasn't that bad, really.

Much better than the network version of UNCLE BUCK.

And neither of them came close to the sheer awfulness of... MEEGO!

Sorry dude, but you're still not scraping the bottom of the bad barrel that I have witnessed.


Meego?! NO! You bastard...I'd...I'd...I'd...I'd let that sink deep into the recesses of my mind!

For what it's worth, I found Parker Lewis Can't Lose to be much better than the Ferris Bueller sitcom.

Remember Scorch?
_________________
"I hate all sports as rabidly as a person who likes sports hates common sense." - H. L. Mencken
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
All times are GMT

View next topic
View previous topic
Page 1 of 3
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Dread Central Forum Index -> The Terror Tube

Post new topic   Reply to topic


 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum