FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Tokko on the Sci-Fi Channel
lostphrack
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:01 am  Reply with quote

Tokko, a 13 episode anime horror series based upon the manga of the same name, will be part of the Sci-Fi Channel's new anime block.

The block is scheduled to air on Monday nights and will run between 11PM - 1AM. It debuts on June 11th with Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State Society, but the following week will see the premiere of Tokko in the 11:30 PM slot.

I mention this here because.. well, it's a horror series that'll be on TV soon, plus I've seen the banner ads for the series pop up here. I know next nothing about it myself, but here's a plot summary from the Anime News Network.
Quote:
Shindou Ranmaru has just graduated from police academy and assigned to Tokki: Special Mobile Investigation Force. On the day of his graduation, he meets the half-naked girl he has been seeing in his dreams, Rokujo Sakura. It turns out she works for a secret group within Tokki, known as Tokko: Special Public Safety Task Force. Shindou ends up joining Tokko to avenge his parents' death, and solve the mystery mass murder of residents in his hometown of Machida. Bottomless pits start to appear around Japan, and mysterious creatures emerge from them, linked to the mass murder of humans. All this to do with something called "The Box of Dirge"...

More info on the anime block in general can be found, here and in the talkback thread linked at the end of the article.

Also, Kryten Syxx reviewed the first DVD of the series for DC, and gave it a 3 out of 5, and that review can be found here.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger