FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Dexter Season 2- October 7th 2007
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:10 pm  Reply with quote

BlackFlagg wrote:
just about any good torrent site should have em up. I use ISOhunt

Mininova.org is my tv torrent site of choice, as they have organized category pages with torrents separated out by show. In fact, I think it's the best torrent site currently on the web.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2007 9:13 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
BlackFlagg wrote:
just about any good torrent site should have em up. I use ISOhunt

Mininova.org is my tv torrent site of choice, as they have organized category pages with torrents separated out by show. In fact, I think it's the best torrent site currently on the web.

Coo, will have to check them out Smile
RingoJ
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 3:35 am  Reply with quote

http://www.btsites.tk/

Consider this an X-mas gift.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
reno
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:04 pm  Reply with quote

spoilers for last episode....

Confused somewhere in the 11th episode, they had the choice to end or to continue the serie....and I kinda wish they had chosen to end it.
The last episode was predictible but hey, still good.
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:45 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Yea, the conclusion was pretty much unavoidable.

*SPOILERS*

Man, poor Doakes.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 11:47 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Don't tell me! Don't tell me.

I'm waiting, like a good girl. Laughing

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 1:41 pm  Reply with quote

It did all play out in fairly predictable fashion - at least from the end of Ep 11. But it was still a fantastic season, and I'm relieved it'll be coming back for a third serving.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 4:07 pm  Reply with quote

Michael C Hall just got a Golden Globe nomination for Actor In A Leading Role - Drama Series Very Happy
The Buz
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 7:53 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Fuck man. I kind of wish they had just ended it at the beginning of ep 12.

SPOILERS

The Lila plotline felt so tacked on, and useless. But so what? Rarely is a second season better than the first. Holy shit, what a fucking season. Some of the most intense television I've ever seen. Dexter is proof that channels like Showtime and HBO know how television shows should be handled. Great fucking season, and great show. I am curious to see what they will do with next season. I have a sneaky suspicion that Deb is going to find out about Dexter. That's the only thing I can see them going with.
retarded_fish
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:05 am  Reply with quote

Dexter season 3 anyone?
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

The Buz wrote:
Fuck man. I kind of wish they had just ended it at the beginning of ep 12.

SPOILERS

The Lila plotline felt so tacked on, and useless. But so what? Rarely is a second season better than the first. Holy shit, what a fucking season. Some of the most intense television I've ever seen. Dexter is proof that channels like Showtime and HBO know how television shows should be handled. Great fucking season, and great show. I am curious to see what they will do with next season. I have a sneaky suspicion that Deb is going to find out about Dexter. That's the only thing I can see them going with.

I think Dexter is a little afraid of her after this episode, for the fact that she's becoming a better detective more and more. She's faster, more intuitive, and really mean, and she may prove to be an inadvertent nemesis.

As for the finale, I loved it, but it felt very rushed. The Lila finisher felt hasty and the way DOakes was offed felt a bit contrived and half cocked.

Still a wonderful season, a great finisher, and I cant wait for the third season.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Verdugo
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

For the first, well, half of this season I actually found it to be somewhat half-hearted and a little dis-jointed compared to the previous season. The little things, like the additional murder cases that I had enjoyed before now seemed half-asses and mere filler material. I'm the kind of guy who likes to see a murder mystery resolved, no matter how solved, so seeing these cases go nowhere left me a little cold. And Lila was a hugely disappointing villain compared to the frightening and sociopathic Ice Truck Killer. Here, she was more akin to a whiny, spoiled brat who engaged in frequent temper tantrums, hardly befitting an adversary to someone like Dexter. If only they had opted for the second book's storyline and villain.... Ah well, there's always next season.

*spoilers*

As soon as Doakes was taken prisoner, then I found my faith in the show being rekindled, as the last few had some excruciatingly suspenseful set pieces. And Doakes' murder, though rather foreseeable, still had a strong impact. The finale was also terrific, even though it followed elements from the last finale, albiet not as suspenseful. The point A to B investigating was not as exciting or as tense as the search for his sister, but still a very worthy end to a still very strong series.
Blockbuster
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:57 am  Reply with quote

You know, a lot of people think that the whole Lila thing in the finale was rushed...but I think it was well-played to the point that is was beautifully done in Paris and short and sweet. I mean the postcard? Come on! That was awesome! It was a great way to end the Lila story...I don't think Lila was meant to be a "villain" per se, compared to the Ice Truck Killer, and yeah she was a whiny brat, but I don't really think she was meant to be Dexter's nemesis, if you will...not that Brian was EITHER, but there were certain things that had to be done to him of course...as far as Doakes is concerned, that (although I knew it HAD to be coming) still left a bit of a void inside me. I really hated seeing him get iced like that...but as Dexter always says, "Live and let live... Or quite often, anyway."
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:53 pm  Reply with quote

http://www.sho.com/site/dexter/comic_con.do?source=m_dex3_ccemail_july08_trailer trailer for season 3, can't wait! Very Happy