FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Dexter Season 2- October 7th 2007
Sirand
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:04 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Great season premiere!

I wonder if the arc will be all about Dexter evading the authorities.
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:29 pm  Reply with quote

Right on, Andrew.

This premiere fucking rocked. This series hasn't lost a step in all these months.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
The Buz
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 1:59 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

HOLY FUCK!

Dude. That shot of the bags on the cliff was fucking awesome!

Great season premiere.
The Woman In Black
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:58 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Thrall

I'm liking the new season so far -- except that bit with Rita this week and Dexter being an addict and her being sooooo understanding. Lame!
lethaldread
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:25 pm  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

Great episode! Has anybody seen the small preview of the whole second season? It looks real promising. Very Happy
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:25 am  Reply with quote

This episode kicked so much ass.

That ending was fucking great!!

All it took was the rehab to save Dexter. Haha. Loved it.

Also, I love the appearance of Keith Carradine.

And Lauren Velez gets hotter with every episode.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:44 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I liked last night's episode, but I'm also kind of sad they're veering so far from the second book. The series is still great, but there were some really great things in the book too that I'm hoping they eventually incorporate.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:38 pm  Reply with quote

I can't wait for this to hit DVD, I don't have Showtime. I watched the first season a couple weeks back and I thought that it was better than the book(s). I like the books, don't get me wrong and I'm reading the third one right now. It's that Doakes and LaGuerta, in the novels, both came across as bad 80's cop stereotypes. And I envisioned LaGuerta as being the transvestite from Ace Ventura and not the hottie nurse from Oz. I'm glad that all the characters are more fleshed out in the series.

Last edited by Johnny Truant on Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:43 pm  Reply with quote

Loving the season thus far...and Redonkulous is my new fav word Very Happy
Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:03 pm  Reply with quote

Horror Chic wrote:
I liked last night's episode, but I'm also kind of sad they're veering so far from the second book. The series is still great, but there were some really great things in the book too that I'm hoping they eventually incorporate.

I'll read the books eventually, but I don't care about that right now. The series is so great all on its own. That's the problem with these series or movies. No matter how good it is, there's always someone saying "It trailed from the book", no offense. That's gonna happen. When "World War Z" is truncated into a two hour movie cutting out the best parts, I just want to examine it as a movie.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 5:15 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Terminal wrote:

I'll read the books eventually, but I don't care about that right now. The series is so great all on its own. That's the problem with these series or movies. No matter how good it is, there's always someone saying "It trailed from the book", no offense. That's gonna happen. When "World War Z" is truncated into a two hour movie cutting out the best parts, I just want to examine it as a movie.

Well that would be why I said "The series is great". It was great in the first season, even though they deviated somewhat from the first book. I've even said that most of the deviations I like better than how it played out in the book (bar one or two), and I still feel that way. But there are still some really interesting subplots in the book that I would love to see on the screen.

You haven't read the books, and that's fine. But as someone who has read the books (at least the first two, I haven't had a chance to read the third one yet), it's nearly impossible to seperate the two - for several reasons. The first season followed the first book SO closely, it bears mentioning that they decided to so completely deviate from the second book as the show continued. I understand why, considering it would limit the series, but that doesn't make me any less hopeful that some of the better story angles will be incorporated later on. Considering how good the series is, I'm betting that at least some of them will.

Terminal
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:01 pm  Reply with quote

Horror Chic wrote:
Terminal wrote:

Well that would be why I said "The series is great". It was great in the first season, even though they deviated somewhat from the first book. I've even said that most of the deviations I like better than how it played out in the book (bar one or two), and I still feel that way. But there are still some really interesting subplots in the book that I would love to see on the screen.

You haven't read the books, and that's fine. But as someone who has read the books (at least the first two, I haven't had a chance to read the third one yet), it's nearly impossible to seperate the two - for several reasons. The first season followed the first book SO closely, it bears mentioning that they decided to so completely deviate from the second book as the show continued. I understand why, considering it would limit the series, but that doesn't make me any less hopeful that some of the better story angles will be incorporated later on. Considering how good the series is, I'm betting that at least some of them will.

Doesn't matter to me, and I'll still rather enjoy the series after I've read the books. People complained that major chunks were missing from the Lord of the Rings books and those turned out pretty well. I like to agree with what Owen Gleiberman said and examine the movie/series as a different creation than the books or comics they stem from. There's always going to be some deviation regardless of what happens. Right now, "Dexter" is on the fast track to being my favorite show. I HAVE to see it every week.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:38 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

It's one of my favorites too. In fact, I'd wager if you read the books AFTER seeing the series, you might even like the series better. It really is a good series.

I have no problem with adaptations that deviate from the source material when it's done well.... Frank Darabont's King adaptations, for instance... And like I said, I understand the deviation, because to stick just to the books would be very limiting for the series and eventually cripple it. And really, I don't mind so much the vast deviation from the second book - bar two little things. There are two things I REALLY hope they incorporate. And given how early on in the season it is, they might still. But if it wasn't for those two things I just enjoyed so much in the book, I wouldn't really mention the deviation at all.

I'm sure though, that at the end of this season I'll feel much the same way I felt at the end of the last one - over all, very pleased with only very minor... I won't even call them complaints or disappointments. Just minor issues.

Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:44 pm  Reply with quote

They just kinda glossed over the Dr. Death thing from the second book in the first season. Doakes just took care of him and that was that.
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:10 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I love this season.

And I'm in love with Lila.