FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Evidence: The Last Ritual (Sequel to 'Missing)
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:13 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

You cats may remember Missing: Since January grabbed Game Of The Year from me back in the day, and from a few other folks.

The sequel, 'Evidence: The Last Ritual' just hit store shelves. The Phoenix is back...and he's in America now.

The packaging for this is absolutely the single best packaging of any game, ever. It's a bagged and tagged evidence bag, sealed with a sticker (which is where the title comes from) with an inner clear disc case with an evidence sheet on it, describing that a NYPD officer collected the evidence, that it's connected to serial murders, and the typical chain of custody stuff.

I begin hunting The Phoenix again tomorrow. I wonder if he'll remember me?

I'll let you know how it goes.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:28 pm  Reply with quote

This makes me wish I had a computer that worked. I STILL have to finish the first one dang it. I made it pretty far though. At least I think I did. It was a spooky disturbing lil headfuck......let us know how the new one is.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:00 pm  Reply with quote

I really enjoyed Missing. I never finished it, but when I did start playing it again earlier this year I noticed that I was no longer receiving the e-mails or anything ... fuck.
rogueboy138
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 4:56 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

GOD DAMMIT!

I just bought FEAR, Marvel Alliance, Fatal Frame 3 (finally found it used), Lego Star Wars, Saints Row, preordered Grears of War, Call of Duty 3, and Guitar Hero 2....(yes- it was a good week for finding extra money I did not think I had)

When the hell I am going to have time to play THIS?!?!?!?!?!

And let alone work or eat...Already told the girlfriend i'll see her at Xmas...
Jeez...

I never finished the first one.. But am VERY excited to pick this up.. I still randomly get emails fromt he Phoenix taunting me...
Very cool game.
TonyD
elric300
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:51 pm  Reply with quote

Can MISSING still be played? I've had it for a while and have wanted to play it, but haven't had the time. Now I don't know if it's still playable, due to the online immersion.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:55 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

elric300 wrote:
Can MISSING still be played? I've had it for a while and have wanted to play it, but haven't had the time. Now I don't know if it's still playable, due to the online immersion.

Must be, because Best Buy just released it in their bargian racks of $9.99 discs. That's a new pressing, so I'm sure it's still active.
elric300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:04 am  Reply with quote

Whew. Krysten's comment on not receiving email had me worried, there.

I always pegged MISSING as a light murder mystery, with a "reality television-Blair Witch" type vibes, so I kinds shied away from it. But I've heard so many good things about it, that I've been making time and hard drive space for it. I think i'll go ahead, assuming that none of the online content has been wiped.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 12:13 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

elric300 wrote:
Whew. Krysten's comment on not receiving email had me worried, there.

I always pegged MISSING as a light murder mystery, with a "reality television-Blair Witch" type vibes, so I kinds shied away from it. But I've heard so many good things about it, that I've been making time and hard drive space for it. I think i'll go ahead, assuming that none of the online content has been wiped.

NOT a light murder mystery. Starts out not so dark, then gets more and more intense and involved as the people you're aiding start closing in on The Phoenix and time starts to run out for the missing couple.

Evidence should be even more intense, considering it's rated M for blood, violence, and strong language. (Missing was light on the gore and violence, most of it suggested rather than splattered across the screen.)
elric300
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 6:46 am  Reply with quote

I just realized that MISSING came out in a Game Of The Year edition with an expansion pack. It seems that the expansion pack isn't free. "Sigh" Best Buy, here I come.

MISSING;GOTY is also rated Mature.

Btw, if Krysten is reading this, there's a patch that allows you to receive emails again, since the server was changed since the game's initial release. I think it may out at The Adventure Company's site.

Let us know how the new intsallment comes along. Sounds cool.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 8:09 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

elric300 wrote:
I just realized that MISSING came out in a Game Of The Year edition with an expansion pack. It seems that the expansion pack isn't free. "Sigh" Best Buy, here I come.

MISSING;GOTY is also rated Mature.

Btw, if Krysten is reading this, there's a patch that allows you to receive emails again, since the server was changed since the game's initial release. I think it may out at The Adventure Company's site.

Let us know how the new intsallment comes along. Sounds cool.

The expansion was only released solo on the website, I believe it was retail in Europe. The GOTY edition does have both, although I haven't seen it for a very long time now. (It was game of the year LAST year, you figure.) Best Buy has the original in a single jewel-case edition for $9.99 in the cheap bargain racks in their software section. I never played the expansion, so I can't comment on it's quality or lack thereof.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:49 am  Reply with quote

I want to play the expansion pack.

http://www.adventurecompanygames.com/tac/missing_13thvictim/index.html
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:12 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Halfway through.

So far, it's superior to the first. Better puzzles, deeper story, better twists, and a darker feeling overall.

And boy...for those who played the first one, there are some serious twists and turns waiting for you.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 4:21 pm  Reply with quote

Hello there my Little Friend, I am watching you. I was in your sink as you were shaving this morning. Did you see me peeking up at you from the drain, my Little Friend? Did you see me peeking up at you, Mr. Dark?
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:42 am  Reply with quote

It's KRYTEN
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:51 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Kryten Syxx wrote:
It's KRYTEN

Sorry about that, I'm terrible with names. Smile