FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Charmed
Samhain
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:54 pm  Reply with quote
Glory Hole

horror_slut wrote:
I used to hate charmed, but I got into it because of the Cole storyline, and now that I like the characters more I care more about what happens to them and I can forgive the annoying aspects of the show.

I'm just the opposite.....I STOPPED watching the show when all the Cole & Phoebe crap started going on and on and on in every episode.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006 4:49 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I have a kind of love/hate relationship with Charmed. I don't follow it really closely... so I don't know how the series ended (it did end, right?) which is annoying.

I started watching it years ago in college with some friends of mine... I actually got into Charmed before I got into Buffy and Angel. And knew it was total cheese, but loved it anyway.

I stopped watching it when Prue died, because bitchy or not Shannen Doherty was the third Charmed one and trying to introduce a heretorfore unknown other sister was a cheap plot device.

I didn't stop for long though, because I am totally in love with Holly Marie Combs and think the Piper/Leo love story is a great one...

Still, like I said... basically, I watch the reruns on TNT and not really in order or anything so I don't know what happens when or whatnot.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
horror_slut
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 8:02 pm  Reply with quote

Horror Chic wrote:
I watch the reruns on TNT and not really in order or anything so I don't know what happens when or whatnot.

I hate that, it's so hard to keep it straight when one episode has Prue and the next has Paige and the next Cole is a good guy and the next he's evil...it makes my brain hurt. But any of their storylines involving Cole or Leo or Piper's babies interest me because I think the writers really grasp the relationship/emotional appeal quite well and I can get sucked into how the characters are feeling.

The Shape P.S. I love this smiley. And this one. Kill kill kill kill I love this board.
Morgan Elektra
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2006 10:24 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Yeah, I think the writers got the emotional relationships very well, but the magical part was done much less professionally.

And Holly Marie Combs cries so well... everytime she cries, it gets me. I tear up.

"Death, without dread of death, is welcome death." - Seneca
horror_slut
PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 10:46 am  Reply with quote

Horror Chic wrote:
Yeah, I think the writers got the emotional relationships very well, but the magical part was done much less professionally.

And Holly Marie Combs cries so well... everytime she cries, it gets me. I tear up.

I used to hate Charmed and mock it mercilessly every time it came on because the magic aspects looked so horrible and the special effects sucked, and I think that's a valid criticism. But once I started caring about the characters, that didn't matter, I still watched the show. I LOVE Holly Marie Combs.