Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Grand Theft Auto IV trailer up
The Buz
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2008 7:59 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Cannot fucking wait.
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:58 am  Reply with quote

http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/23/thompson-writes-letter-to-take-two-executives-mother/ LMAO, if you don't stop making violent games I'm gonna tell your mom! Holy shit that's funny!
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:42 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

BlackFlagg wrote:
http://www.xbox360fanboy.com/2008/04/23/thompson-writes-letter-to-take-two-executives-mother/ LMAO, if you don't stop making violent games I'm gonna tell your mom! Holy shit that's funny!

He also contacted EA wanting to help them in their takeover bid of Take Two and get rid of their chairman. EA, in the smartest move they've made in 20 years, told him to go fuck off running.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Sirand
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:12 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Playing right now! FUCKING AWESOME!
BlackFlagg
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 9:36 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
Playing right now! FUCKING AWESOME!
I agree!
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 10:51 am  Reply with quote

Spent five hours just roaming around Liberty City with my best friend looking for "sweet jumps".

The only thing I dislike so far is the lack of custom options for the player models in multiplayer, other than that the game is tits, as Joe Lynch would say.
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:41 am  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

I want to get it just so I can see if I can find my friend's house in Brooklyn/Broker.

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 12:17 pm  Reply with quote

If/when you get a chopper, fly to the upper most tier on the Statue of Liberty. Enter the door that looks to be closed (walk through that bitch) and go up a ladder. There awaits a strange surprise up thar!
ajburton29
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:21 pm  Reply with quote

This is the year of the number 4
Grand Theft Auto 4
Metal Gear Solid 4
Devil May Cry 4
Call of Duty 4
Time Crisis 4
PapaLazarou
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:21 am  Reply with quote

I so need to get my hands on this game. Every gamer I know is talking about it, and it's driving me nuts.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 12:01 pm  Reply with quote

Besides Mass Effect, it's the only 360 game I can justifiy spending $60 on. Outstanding game. I loved Vice City, HATED San Andreas (the story, cursing, silly stunts) but this one seems more grown up. Multiplayer is really wonky for me, may just be the fact everyone is on right now. Here's hoping it smooths out, because from what I played, it's great. Some poor bastard standing in the middle of the street shooting at someone, not paying attention to me in a car....WHAM! He he, cool game.
Sirand
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 11:26 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

It begins...

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - Mothers Against Drunk Driving wants a stricter rating on "Grand Theft Auto IV."
ADVERTISEMENT

The organization is calling on the Entertainment Software Ratings Board, the independent organization that assigns video-game ratings, to reclassify "GTA IV" as an Adults Only game. The action-driving game, which includes the ability to drive while intoxicated, is currently rated Mature.

"Drunk driving is not a game, and it is not a joke," MADD said in a statement released Tuesday. "Drunk driving is a choice, a violent crime and it is also 100 percent preventable."

MADD is also calling on publisher Take-Two Interactive and developer Rockstar Games to consider stopping distribution of the game which analysts expect to sell 9 million copies and make over $400 million at launch "out of respect for the millions of victims/survivors of drunk driving."

In the critically acclaimed open-world game, players have the choice of patronizing a bar and then attempting to drive drunk. While virtually under the influence, the screen becomes blurred and the controls are more difficult to use. Players also have the option of hailing a taxi or walking. The intoxication effects wear off after a few minutes in the game.

"We have a great deal of respect for MADD's mission, but we believe the mature audience for 'Grand Theft Auto IV' is more than sophisticated enough to understand the game's content," Rockstar Games said in a statement to The Associated Press on Wednesday. "For the same reason that you can't judge an entire film or television program by a single scene, you can't judge 'Grand Theft Auto IV' by a small aspect of the game."

"GTA IV" follows the criminal exploits of protagonist Niko Bellic, an imigrant-turned-gangster who travels from Eastern Europe to Liberty City, the game's fictional locale based on New York City. As Bellic, players can hijack cars, earn cash for criminal activities, shoot innocent bystanders and visit strip clubs.

MADD declined to comment further about their statement.
frank_dracman
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 1:25 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
It begins...

Yeah, no surprize there. Frankly, I don't pay any attention anymore.
But have you tried driving drunk in the game? Good Lord, it's damn near unplayable. I got like 10 feet and crashed into a cop car. Off to jail we go!
ajburton29
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 11:44 pm  Reply with quote

They had a similar drunk driving situation in Vice City.
After you drink Gary Busey's (his character) moonshine, he blows his arm off and you have to drive him to the hospital while drunk off your ass.
HorrorDj
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 6:55 pm  Reply with quote

Sirand wrote:
It begins...

Quote:
LOS ANGELES - Mothers Against Drunk Driving wants a stricter rating on "Grand Theft Auto IV."

Madd is pissed off about a simulation in the game of drunk driving. Drunk driving that can get you busted by the cops. I laugh. the BIG PROBLEM with GTA4 is the DUI, but the fucking of whores, shooting of people, killing of cops, drug running, wreckles murdering of people walking down the street is totally fine with MADD.
This is why the fail.