FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Best-cellars -> Those Freddy and Jason novels
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:26 am  Reply with quote

I read Christa Faust's The Jason Strain, and, to be honest, I had a good time. There could have been a bit more Jason in it, but at least it wasn't a rehash of stuff from the movies. I'm reading her Freddy novel, Dreamspawn, right now. She tends to get a tad too cute, but that's a minor fault. These books actually make me want to check out her other work, which is saying a lot for fiction based on movies. I may even check out her work with Poppy Z. Brite. I haven't read Poppy since Clinton was in office.

Hear the "Killer Nerd" remix at Wayne Alan Harold and Toby Radloff's Lurid Entertainment!
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:32 pm  Reply with quote

I started Freddy Vs Jason and really liked it. I'll get all the books eventually.

Tony Saint
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:24 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't done the novelizations, but I'm tempted to check out the "Jason X" books. I'm so easy to market to it's pathetic. It could be written by Corky, but if it has a hockey mask or razor glove on the cover, I'll pick it up.

Hear the "Killer Nerd" remix at Wayne Alan Harold and Toby Radloff's Lurid Entertainment!
Krugrsgrl
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:37 pm  Reply with quote

Laughing

How are they doing the JAson books? Is it from his point of view- and his thoughts or from the teenagers pov~
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:29 am  Reply with quote

I've only read "The Jason Strain," but it's basically an action flick, where Jason shows up here and there. If I have any criticism of the book, it's that Jason doesn't show up enough. Her Freddy book is similar. I still think she's a good writer, though. I hope the other books will give us a little more of what we want.

Steven Millan
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:17 am  Reply with quote

Yes,fetish model/horror writer Christa Faust does have talent,although I wished that she would discuss more about horror(since she obviously loves horror)and the current horror scene more on her blog.
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 6:17 am  Reply with quote

Fetish model?

Oh, it's ON!

Tony Saint
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:58 am  Reply with quote

A novelization of "Snakes on a Plane?" I can understand taking the job to write it, but would anyone actually read it? Do we really have that much time in this world? I'll stick with her original stuff.

Steven Millan
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:45 pm  Reply with quote

To all of the writers on here(Sifi Scott,Knetter,etc.):you guys think that Christa should join our board(and the Dread Central staff,as well),since Johnny Butane thinks she's cool,and she could add a bit of a female take on all things horror.
The Butcher
PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 10:01 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Christa is too tough for the likes of the staff here at Dread Central, hahahaha. SHe's seen and done shit that would curl the toes of most of you.

She is not only a writer, but as mentioned before is a pretty well known figure in the fetish scene. More than a sometime model she is a filmmaker. She's done a bunch of stuff with Dita Von Teese.

Her novel CONTROL FREAK is a must read.

I was super surprised she wrote a Jason and a Freddy tie-in, especially without a non de plume. But damn I came SO close to picking them up just because I think she is a really good writer. She used to be marrioed to the amazing author, abd the man who coined the term "splatterpunk", David J. Schow as well.
Tony Saint
PostPosted: Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:09 am  Reply with quote

Didn't know about the Schow connection. I love his stuff.

Steven Millan
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:42 am  Reply with quote

The Butcher wrote:
Christa is too tough for the likes of the staff here at Dread Central, hahahaha. SHe's seen and done shit that would curl the toes of most of you.

She is not only a writer, but as mentioned before is a pretty well known figure in the fetish scene. More than a sometime model she is a filmmaker. She's done a bunch of stuff with Dita Von Teese.

Her novel CONTROL FREAK is a must read.

I was super surprised she wrote a Jason and a Freddy tie-in, especially without a non de plume. But damn I came SO close to picking them up just because I think she is a really good writer. She used to be marrioed to the amazing author, abd the man who coined the term "splatterpunk", David J. Schow as well.

Given her background in the horror genre(and that she directed a few bondage films),I'm surprised that she never took a shot at scriptwriting or making her own horror film(or two),but I guess she's not into that kind of stuff,and is too tough(as stated) for the ordinary film producers to handle(especially if she's too tough for the likes of Dread Central).
Caine Is Able
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:36 am  Reply with quote

I have most of the Freddy, Jason, and Jason X ones and have been slowly working my way through each series. So far, I have liked every one of them. I hope they continue to make them.

As for the Final Destination novels, while I haven't read any, I have been told that they are well written as well.
Spookshow
PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 3:58 am  Reply with quote

I wanna fuck Christa Faust.
Caterpillar
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 5:49 pm  Reply with quote

Tony Saint wrote:
I may even check out her work with Poppy Z. Brite. I haven't read Poppy since Clinton was in office.

She wrote TRIADS with Poppy which is a great read if you enjoy hot squishy Chinese boy gay sex.