FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> WATCH THRED: The Fearless Vampire Killers
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 11:41 pm  Reply with quote

I'm in a rush so this will be quick. tonight we are watching the Fearless Vampire Killers starting at 10 Eastern 7 Pacific and anywhere else accordingly. In case I'm a few minutes late, feel free to start at 10:05. see ya then.
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 2:59 am  Reply with quote

well I'm here. no dvd though Sad yea it's been an unlucky week. Still I was going to host, and host I shall........pending people show up.

I realize I spelled thread incorrectly, I was in a rush.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:05 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I didn't get my dvd in time. Sowwies. Sad
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:08 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
I didn't get my dvd in time. Sowwies. Sad

well I think you were the only one planing to show up. guess this mean this may end up as the shortest dread central cinema ever. I can be proud of that achievement right?
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:13 am  Reply with quote

well at least enjoy the flick when you get it in the mail Luna. been a long time since I've seen it, but I remember being a great time, so long as you can accept the token bleak Polanski ending.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:18 am  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

Okie dokie. Don't feel bad because I had one where no one showed up I was just posting to myself. Laughing
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 3:24 am  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
Okie dokie. Don't feel bad because I had one where no one showed up I was just posting to myself. Laughing

ok so this isn't an only me thing then, phew. well perhaps I'll see ya next week, oh wait two weeks. I'm not a big fan of the old dawn of the dead but I'll be here for Gory's showing of the remake. well hope you have a good night then. think I'm gonna watch kill baby kill and do homework.
Lunablix
PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 5:21 pm  Reply with quote
Little Fucker

I received my dvd on sat. and it wouldn't play I tried cleaning it and it still wouldn't play. Sad But on another note how can you not like the original dawn?!?!?!?!?! Laughing I have a problem with the new one because the zombies were too fast. They ran faster dead then they did when they were alive. Confused
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:01 am  Reply with quote

Wish I could have made it for The Fearless Vampire Killers. Great movie and ashame that no one had a copy. I'm sure it will get a second showing down the road. I agree!
Cthulhu23
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:06 am  Reply with quote
Seeking the other 22 Cthulhus

I like this movie allot. Unfortunately I am typically not around Friday evenings Sad
pooflingerus
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2007 5:19 pm  Reply with quote

Lunablix wrote:
I received my dvd on sat. and it wouldn't play I tried cleaning it and it still wouldn't play. Sad But on another note how can you not like the original dawn?!?!?!?!?! Laughing I have a problem with the new one because the zombies were too fast. They ran faster dead then they did when they were alive. Confused

well I could get into my whole hatred of the ridicules social commentary in the movie but maybe I should save that for Friday. Really it's just that movie gives me no reason to care about what's happening which makes it boring, and this is coming from someone who owns Rosemary's Baby and Calvaire. I dunno about the zombies, I have equal love for slow zombies and the fast (riot) zombies. aww hell I like the fast ones a little more, ever since Return of the Living Dead. The added speed makes them more of a hellish force.

It is good to see some posts by people who've seen Fearless Vampire Killers. always good to know I'm not the only Polanski supporter.