FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Bruce Willis - Resurgent Superstar
Smilin' Jack Ruby
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

Sitting here watching "16 Blocks." Between this and "Hostage," (and, frankly, his comic turn in "Over the Hedge") Bruce Willis is making up for "The Whole Ten Yards" and a lot of the other crap he's foisted onto audiences in recent years.

And regarding "16 Blocks" itself - where the FUCK was this Richard Donner when "Timeline" was being made? This is a surprisingly strong little crime flick.
Bobby_Bedlam
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:31 pm  Reply with quote

Watched 16 BLOCKS last night and thought it was a nice return to form for Donner. The man does know how to frame his action set pieces. Willis is cool, but Mos Def made the movie for me. At first his vocal patterns were annoying but the more I got into the story and his character, it started working for me. Great flick, but you could tell the epilouge was an add on.
BTW, what did you think of the original "alternate" ending? I liked it, but it didn't really fit Donner's style.
Smilin' Jack Ruby
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:22 pm  Reply with quote

The weird thing is, I heard that the alternate ending was a re-shoot, but then they went back to the original one that came out in the theatrical cut.

And thank friggin' god. I liked the ending of the theatrical cut much better, so it was pretty edifying to reaize that was the one Donner wanted to run with.