FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Grand Thert Auto: Liberty City Stories...FOR PS2!
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:43 pm  Reply with quote

Well the only reason to by a PSP for me was released on PS2 and I picked it up...For $20 it's a worth while purchase as I've been playing for a while only just now unlocked Staunton Island...

But HOLY FUCK is it hard!....And annoying as hell too...I was inches away from completing a mission that had me driving all over the island on flat tires, jumping a bridge, and escaping from police only that the old fuck I was driving blow up in the car when it flipped...Cocksucker!

I can say cocksucker now can't I?
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:23 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Hard? Really? I thought it was the easiest GTA game I've played yet. Most missions I completed on the first try and only a handful seemed particuarly challenging - mainly the last 4 missions. Took me about a week to beat the game. Also must be the first GTA game I've ever played from beginning to end without needing a cheat code assist at some point.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:49 am  Reply with quote

Foywonder wrote:
Hard? Really? I thought it was the easiest GTA game I've played yet. Most missions I completed on the first try and only a handful seemed particuarly challenging - mainly the last 4 missions. Took me about a week to beat the game. Also must be the first GTA game I've ever played from beginning to end without needing a cheat code assist at some point.

Did you do all the Church missions?...Like the one where you have to steal a brief case, shoot 10 dudes, and a helicopter while getting a 4 star rating? Call me crazy but I found that hard.

And those damned police with their road traps that destroy tires.

Actually, most of the game is pretty easy but there are missions like the one I mentioned that drive me controller throwing nuts. It will take me a few tries to beat certain missions. Flipping the car with a passenger right near the end of a mission is balls as well.
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:04 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Most of the missions that I didn't beat on the first try were due to car damage and it exploding. I just remember there be missions in GTA3, Vice City, and San Andreas that would take me days to complete. There wasn't anything that took me more than 24 hours to do.

The church mission you're mentioning; yeah, that was a toughie. Got a do a lot of scrambling. I think a little luck also got me past it. The one where you have to rescue your mob boss from the alleyway where a rival family has him pinned down and getaway in his limo is also a tough one early on.
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 3:57 am  Reply with quote

Foywonder wrote:

The church mission you're mentioning; yeah, that was a toughie. Got a do a lot of scrambling. I think a little luck also got me past it. The one where you have to rescue your mob boss from the alleyway where a rival family has him pinned down and getaway in his limo is also a tough one early on.

I just did that one...It took me 2 tries...Now I'm trying to drive the worst van ever around to get votes. Argh!
Foywonder
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:36 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Didn't See It Coming wrote:
Foywonder wrote:

I just did that one...It took me 2 tries...Now I'm trying to drive the worst van ever around to get votes. Argh!

That's one is a bit of a pain. The way I did it was to get the first part done fast enough without letting the van take too much damage and then when you have to go take out the other two vans, just get ahead of them and take them out with the rocket launcher. Worked for me.
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:13 pm  Reply with quote

I will have to pick this up. And while I'm at it, I should try to complete GTA3. still haven't beat it Neutral
I keep the country clean.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:34 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

I'm a bit disappointed that it was just a straight port. They didn't tweak the graphics in the slightest bit for the PS2.

On a small screen the PSP graphics looked cool, but on a TV? BLEECH!
Sonny
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:52 am  Reply with quote

I actually had no interest in getting this game, a port from a handheld? Ehhh, but I've been reading pretty good reviews on it. I guess for 20 bucks it's cool and there's not too much out right now I really want so I guess I'll be picking it up soon. I have heard some of the missions are just unfair and I hear it's got a pretty cool story too...
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:38 am  Reply with quote

I think it looks fine...For me it's an expansion pack to GTA III which is fine by me.
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:16 am  Reply with quote

I am on the mission when you steal a bike and get the guys to follow you to an ambush, I either get shot before I get on a bike, I get on the bike and crash and get killed trying to get back on. and there is that one time i did complete it, but got arrested for nothing before i could save Neutral
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 3:59 am  Reply with quote

Electric-Eye wrote:
I am on the mission when you steal a bike and get the guys to follow you to an ambush, I either get shot before I get on a bike, I get on the bike and crash and get killed trying to get back on. and there is that one time i did complete it, but got arrested for nothing before i could save Neutral

If you finished it, the mission would still be passed...

I beat it last week...Good fun for $20...Bring on Vice City Stories!
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:31 am  Reply with quote

Electric-Eye wrote:

yeah, but im uptight about losing all my weapons Sad
Didn't See It Coming
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:36 am  Reply with quote

Electric-Eye wrote:
Electric-Eye wrote:

yeah, but im uptight about losing all my weapons Sad

Ahhh...That sucks then.
Electric-Eye
PostPosted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:51 am  Reply with quote

ill beat the mission next time i pick up the controler, which will probably be in the morning Laughing