FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Halo 3 Legendary Edition with Spartan Mjolnir Mark VI Helmet
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 7:58 pm  Reply with quote

I few weeks ago it was announced that 3 different editions of Halo 3 would be released when the game launches late next year. The one that was the most eye catching was the $99 Legendary Edition. This rather pricey collections comes packed with:

-Behind-the-scenes at Bungie Studios with new insights into the Halo Universe and the making of Halo 3.

-A special hi-res collection of all cinematics from Halo 1 and Halo 2 with director commentary from the Bungie Team bonus

-Community content from Red vs. Blue, This Spartan Life and Exclusive Gamer Tiles & a Theme

-Each unit will be serialized for added individuality and collectability. Not life-size.

Now ... I was expecting the helmet to be wearable and at least semi-Don Post quality. I've collected his helmets over the years and even the cheapest were of good workmanship. But what's this it isn't life size and there for cannot be worn? Damnit. I was looking forward to having a new prop to put in my collection.

So, for $99 you get a $59.99 game, $10 disk of extras that may or maynot be worth watching and a $30 mini helmet. Is it worth it? You be the judge!

lethaldread
PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:17 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

Uber-Geekdom.
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 2:27 pm  Reply with quote

And you know people will still buy it on ebay for $200-$500 when the stores run out.
lethaldread
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:51 am  Reply with quote

Location: I only know words like good and ball............ and rape.

Kryten Syxx wrote:
And you know people will still buy it on ebay for $200-$500 when the stores run out.

thanks for the idea! Laughing
3.???
4.Profit!
5. Mayonnaise
6. RingoJ talking about "some toon pr0n"
7. Sports talk

"They Fucked with the wrong Mexican."
McNab
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:54 pm  Reply with quote

I'm waiting for the surge in kids going to hospital with a plastic helmet stuck to their heads....

I wouldn't bother with it.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:59 pm  Reply with quote

I may buy them just to pass out at playgrounds across America now. There has gotta be money to be made from hospital scams.
alien_nation
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 7:12 pm  Reply with quote

nice but i think i'll take a poop in it.
Deadguy
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:53 am  Reply with quote

Actually, the price went up another $30 or so..

I'm getting it because it'll look cool on the shelf, well.. THAT and the fact I'm a diehard halo fanboy.

BTW- April 17th is the release date for two new Halo 2 maps. (They're remakes of "High 'em High" and "Derilict" from Halo 1)

Also, noteworthy to mention is that the "zombie" gametype that some folks used to play on Live, are going to be official gametypes on Halo 3, meaning that changing teams and stuff won't have to be based on the honor system anymore.

uhh.. this post is over, but below is the Zombie gametype for those that aren't familiar with it.

-Mike

"Halo 2 Zombie Gametype"
Weapons: Pistol (and/or shotgun), with an energy sword as the secondary weapon.

Teams: 2 or more, but one team is green.

Rules:
Green team starts with one player (the first zombie). Green team can only use swords (and vehicles for travelling only). Other team(s) can only use the firearms, though fun CAN be had if they are allowed to used turret weapons. Don't allow the use of turrets/vehicle weapons unless you've got GOOD zombies, otherwise it'll be a very long and discouraging game.

When a green teammember kills someone on the other team, that player is infected, and has to change over to the green team when they respawn.

Rinse, and repeat, until there's only one member on a non-green team, and they win the game... They also typically become the first zombie on the next match.
Take care to ensure that while switching teams there is at least one person each team at all times, or the game will end and you'll have to restart it