FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> Evidence: The Last Ritual (Sequel to 'Missing)
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:56 am  Reply with quote

I think I just finished Missing.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 4:06 pm  Reply with quote

Ok so I have Evidence now....and all I can say is thank Jupiter for Kristin Lark.
Johnny Truant
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 3:27 am  Reply with quote

I don't know how many of you have experimented with e-mailing the characters back in these games. I try to e-mail everyone back, just to see if they will respond.

So I am on the third level of Evidence and I got an e-mail from a "Theo Makarios" who tells me he is a historian and to e-mail him back if he can be of assistance. I think to myself "Okay, this is just another bot, he won't really write me back.

So I sent him an e-mail, asking him flat out "Do you write back, no one else in this game does."

I got a reply from him saying

"Are you sure?

Best,
Theo"

I thought that was kinda cool.
Sirand
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 4:23 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

Didn't know this was out yet! Uh oh! Better hold off the business e-mails. I gotta play a killer's cat n' mouse game.
Mr. Dark
PostPosted: Mon Nov 20, 2006 12:38 am  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I finished Evidence earlier this week. Quite good, although it does have the ending problems that Missing had. (In that it just kind of ends, but really, how do you end a game like this any other way?)

My only gripe: let's just say this suffers from the same problem as most horror movies. They just HAVE to set up a sequel...
brainee
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:19 pm  Reply with quote

Got around to start playing this week. I'm around 3 levels in so far. Hopefully there are no "Space Invaders" type games, like the last one. I've been cruising through the puzzles, though I hit a stumbling block on the most recent level. Judging from "Missing" some puzzles I get stuck on suddenly come to me in a "light bulb" kind of way (Ah-ha!). Others I'll get an e-mail clue that will help (usually these just give me clues to things I solved on my own). Others I have no idea, look up the answer, and realize that it was something I was never going to figure out on my own. It's been about 24 hours of being stuck, so I figure I'll give it another day or so before caving in and looking for help. Figuring out things yourself is obviously the most rewarding path, but no progressing at all in the game is no fun after a while.

Has anyone tried communicating with other players through that web-site? There's a message board there, but it doesn't seem like something you're really able to post on (just posts from "imaginary" people).
Ultimo Franco
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2007 8:20 am  Reply with quote

Krysten wrote:
It's KRYTEN