FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Fistful of Joystick -> DEAD RISING
ThatOneGuy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote

My 360 will be purchased tomorrow.

Oh my. Uncle Creepy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
EvilAndy
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 6:13 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

The game is now in my posession...the only reason I'm even posting this is because I'm at work, and won't be playing it for a few more hours. After that, don't expect to hear from me for daaaaays...

-Andy
elric300
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:49 am  Reply with quote

Pity that this is only for the 360. Since i just got a new PC, I guess I'll have to wait a few months until I can get a 360 Sad.
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:52 am  Reply with quote

Well, I got it and it has pissed me off. I was really hoping that I would not have to get the perfect ending just so I could play the infinite mode...but I do.

The only 2 problems I see with the game are pretty much the same as all the reviews have stated. The save system is a pain since you have to backtrack a bit and you only get 1 save slot. The second is the amount of stuff they give you to do within a tiny time frame. I wanted to save some people but even though I put the major objectives first I still did not have enough time to do the small things. That kind of forced replay value sucks.
However, beating the shit out of the clown was so worth it.
ThatOneGuy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:28 am  Reply with quote

It is a fun game. As for the save system, I like it.

Oh my. Uncle Creepy.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Billz
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:28 pm  Reply with quote

Decent voice acting and cut scenes. I get to let the innocents die. Too bad I can't kill Jessie...yet.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
PrairieGhost
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:43 pm  Reply with quote

Yeah you can save it any time you want in a public restroom! I think it's awesome the way they made the save system. The Prisoners in the army jeep are a pain in the ass though!

Last edited by PrairieGhost on Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
EvilAndy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 12:43 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

I find the single slot save, and the enforced time limits a bit frustrating as well, only because I think the game would be more fun if it was more open ended and allowed you to select your missions/cases/scoops in a more free GTA style...That said, This game is total Capcom in that it plays almost more like a platformer in the way that you need to keep getting better and better before you can progress and you are forced to replay the same sections over and over.

The NPC AI is a little suspect also...during the first old people rescue mission they wouldn't follow me until I started over...lame. Also, some of the mission goals are a little fuzzy...during the mission where brad takes on Carlito he says "just worry about staying alive", but if you do that, Brad gets wasted...plus, killing Carlito is just stupid hard given the static shooting mechanics.

As for a "perfect" ending, what does that mean...how is the infinite mode opened up?

That said, the game still delivers full on zombie holocaust action. The first time I picked up a chainsaw I was giggling like a little girl. And yes, kicking that clown's ass was pure delight.

Maybe not as good as RE4, but definitely in the top 10 horror games of all time.

-Andy
Kryten Syxx
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:16 pm  Reply with quote

You must complete all of the CASE files and get to the chopper at noon.

I thumbed through the strat guide and good god does it look tough.

I was really pissed that I didn't have enough time to go after the guy who owned the gun shop. You simply don't get enough time to do some of the important things.
rogueboy138
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:28 pm  Reply with quote
Dread Central Staff

OK. LOVE the game and was giggling like a fool the first time I teed off and nailed a zombie in the head witha golf ball that was half way down the hall...

More times than i can count I was surprised by a weapons grotesque destruction of the zombies- LOVE it...

Ended my night getting my ass handed to me by the clown- Shot him a he blocked withthe saws...What is the best weapon/way to take him out?

Any advice would be appreciated...

Tony
Chainsaw
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:34 pm  Reply with quote

Location: DON'T TOUCH MY BAGS IF YOU PLEASE. MR. CUSTOMS MAN!

THIS GAME SUCKS...

...because I don't have a 360 and can't play it. Sad

I get the feeling a lot of people are going to be frustrated with this game, but hey, a lot of classics stand up because of the difficulty of play (Mega Man, anyone?)

"Guaranteed adventures for every citizen should be in the Bill of Rights."-Sam Hell
plagiarize
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:37 pm  Reply with quote
Verbal Kaleidoscope/Dread Central Staff

wait till the clown is inflating his evil balloon. shoot him then and he'll drop the balloon at his feet injuring himself. that's how i took him out.

here's a tip from me to everyone though.

DON'T go after the casefiles to begin with. seriously. just put them out of your mind. that way you can go where you want, take on whichever scoop missions you want (and a whole bunch remain) and level yourself up.

i'm not going after the casefile missions until i get frank nicelly levelled up. then, you'll be able to focus JUST on the scoop missions, and you'll have a good idea how long it'll take you to say, go take out the gun shop owner.

that's my biggest recommendation. save the case files for later and just enjoy yourself. there's still tonnes going on without them.
philo beddoe
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:42 pm  Reply with quote

If you ignore a case file and let time run out, can you just free roam, or does the game stop and force you to start again from your last save point?? Sounds like the unlockable free roam is hard to obtain?
plagiarize
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:57 pm  Reply with quote
Verbal Kaleidoscope/Dread Central Staff

philo beddoe wrote:
If you ignore a case file and let time run out, can you just free roam, or does the game stop and force you to start again from your last save point?? Sounds like the unlockable free roam is hard to obtain?

it'll come up with a screen asking you if you want to reload, save your stats and restart, or continue. you just choose continue and you'll find that you've still got access to most of the mall, and that there are still tonnes of survivors and missions to go for.
Uncle Creepy
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:28 pm  Reply with quote
Pop Culture Icon

To my knowledge you can't just ignore the case files and do them later. If your time expires, then you have to just play through the game until you get picked up by the chopper.

If you do that you wont get the good ending, and you wont unlock infinite mode.

But wait, if you play through the game like that and then play through it again and do the case files will your character stay leveled up thereby making the case files easier?