FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> Ghost Hunters Halloween Special
PowerLeech
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:27 pm  Reply with quote

That was really cool. I couldn't stay up through the whole thing and had to tape the last hour and a half, but this was a really cool idea. Hopefully, this wont be the last investigation they do like this.
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:41 am  Reply with quote

How does this show compare to the UK's Most Haunted? Better? Worse? Because I quite like MH.
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:02 am  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:
That was really cool. I couldn't stay up through the whole thing and had to tape the last hour and a half, but this was a really cool idea. Hopefully, this wont be the last investigation they do like this.

I wish and hope they go back to a couple of the cool and good locations they have already been to do investigations to do a live show from.

A place i would LOVE for them to do a live show is from the Waverly Hills Sanatorium. That episode they already did of the place kicked ass and scared the hell out of me.

Here is a link to the Waverly Hills Sanatorium for those of you that don't know about the place and might be interested in it.

www.prairieghosts.com/waverly_tb.html

http://www.dvdspot.com/list.php?member=Limpfreak&list=owned
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:03 am  Reply with quote

Kaisersoze wrote:
How does this show compare to the UK's Most Haunted? Better? Worse? Because I quite like MH.

I wouldn't know because i have never seen the show Most Haunted. Maybe somebody else has and can tell you.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
talthar
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 1:05 am  Reply with quote

Maximum Destruction wrote:
ghost hunters sucks. you dont see anything. all they do is run around acting stupid and they dont show anything but the 2 ghosthunter guys talking.

How much "Ghost Hunters" have you watched? They've gathered more good evidence than any other show I've seen, and I've seen a lot. If they find nothing then they say "Hey, we didn't get anything." And there were about three shows in a row last season where they didn't find any evidence of paranormal activity.

But they have also had several shows with EVP's, bizarre EMF readings, noises and lots of other evidence. I trust the TAPS team more than any other paranormal investigators because of their attitude of disproving the haunting. They're there to debunk if they can, not prove a place is haunted at all costs.

Plus, Grant and Jason can't be stupid...they're plumbers!
kiddcapone
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:04 pm  Reply with quote

I've watched almost every single episode of Ghost Hunters. I think it's legit. It's not like some bogus show put on like John Edward's Crossing Over. I've seen more episodes where they didn't find jackshit than episodes with evidence of the supernatural. As a matter of fact, I've seen them throw out evidence that could have been real but instead dismissed as something else just to lend more credibility to the shit they keep.

Anyway...did anyone sit through the entire 6 hours? I have it Tivo'ed but don't want to waste my time if it's just 6 hours of them walking around and talking.
belle morte
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 4:23 pm  Reply with quote

I haven't made it through the full six hours yet, I think we've gotten through the first two - and there's some interesting stuff on there. I don't want to ruin it for you but Grant and Jason go into an employee tunnel in the basement and there's some creepy occurences. Like I said - don't want to ruin it for you but that section of it has definitely made watching it worthwhile. I haven't had a chance to make it through the rest during the workweek, hoping to finish it up Saturday night.
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:57 pm  Reply with quote

This Wednesday on the SciFi Channel at 9P.M. they will be showing highlights from the Halloween special. So those of you that missed the special can watch the highlights instead.

I sat throught the entire 6 hours. Not only did i watch it live on tv but while i was watching it on tv i was watching the online feed.

PowerLeech
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:16 am  Reply with quote

What happened to the season 3 thread? Tonights visit to the castle was cool. Something certainly seemed pretty hostile in there. That one guy seemed to be holding them back from really provoking whatever it was, and I sort of wish he hadn't.
Limpfreak
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 7:21 am  Reply with quote

PowerLeech wrote:
What happened to the season 3 thread? Tonights visit to the castle was cool. Something certainly seemed pretty hostile in there. That one guy seemed to be holding them back from really provoking whatever it was, and I sort of wish he hadn't.

I missed tonights episode. I will watch it next week when they replay it.

The season 3 thread is most likely on another page.