FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Dread Central Cinema -> WATCH THREAD: Oct. 20 - Time After Time
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
Director Nicholas Meyer also did the infamous TV movie The Day After plus Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country.
Khan is definetly the best of the ST motion pictures and Gory why am I not shocked you own the score to TAT? Laughing
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:15 am  Reply with quote

And a nice PG rated rip up the belly. Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
And a nice PG rated rip up the belly. Laughing
I agree!
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:16 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
Director Nicholas Meyer also did the infamous TV movie The Day After plus Star Trek II The Wrath of Khan and Star Trek VI The Undiscovered Country.
Khan is definetly the best of the ST motion pictures and Gory why am I not shocked you own the score to TAT? Laughing
Because if I didn't it would be a travesty. Laughing

I also have a rare poster for the film which is printed on heavier paper stock. Wink
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:18 am  Reply with quote

I saw this film for the first time when I was like 9 or so. So I knew Malcolm McDowell from this. It was years later that I finally saw A Clockwork Orange. I nknow most people think of him as the guy from ACO but I know him as the guy from TAT. Laughing
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The last official Ripper murder, Mary Kelley took place during the Fall of 1888. The movie is opening up 5 years later.
I didn't know that. Intersting thing then by not completely making it not fit in with the facts of the case.
It really is a fascinating mystery. McDowell and Warner play well off of each other.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:19 am  Reply with quote

The time machine is inspired by the one H.G. Wells wrote about in his novel The Time Machine.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
The last official Ripper murder, Mary Kelley took place during the Fall of 1888. The movie is opening up 5 years later.
I didn't know that. Intersting thing then by not completely making it not fit in with the facts of the case.
It really is a fascinating mystery. McDowell and Warner play well off of each other.
They are at the top of their game in this. Mr. Green
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:20 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:

I also have a rare poster for the film which is printed on heavier paper stock. Wink

What image is on the poster? Is it the dvd cover or something different?
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:21 am  Reply with quote

I like the old school animation on the light reflection from the thingamagig. Laughing
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:22 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:

What image is on the poster? Is it the dvd cover or something different?
It's the same image with the hand holding the clock and the running man coming out of it.
American Werewolf
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:24 am  Reply with quote

Gory wrote:
I saw this film for the first time when I was like 9 or so. So I knew Malcolm McDowell from this. It was years later that I finally saw A Clockwork Orange. I nknow most people think of him as the guy from ACO but I know him as the guy from TAT. Laughing
I always associate him with TAT. I caught in in HBO when I was kid and it really stuck with me. I was so happy that it made it to dvd. Malcolm is always Wells in my mind.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:24 am  Reply with quote

Luna is busy watching the film since she hasn't seen it before so she isn't posting much but she's still here. Right?
LivingDeadPunk
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:25 am  Reply with quote

I really wish I had this. It is exactly my type of thing and I don't think I've ever seen it.
Gory
PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 2:25 am  Reply with quote

American Werewolf wrote:
Gory wrote:
I always associate him with TAT. I caught in in HBO when I was kid and it really stuck with me. I was so happy that it made it to dvd. Malcolm is always Wells in my mind.
I had rented it from a library when I was a kid. I ended up renting it several times. I remember when the DVD was announced. I counted down the days. Mr. Green