FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> Out of Genre Experience -> Veronica Mars Love
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:26 am  Reply with quote

You people fucking disgust me. No Veronica Mars thread?

Anyway, who caught the new season premiere?

1. I HATE the new theme song. It's cheesy, and not as catchy.

2. Kristin Bell with the long hair? Delicious.

3. I'm very glad they added Tina Majorino to the cast, finally. She's very talented, I love Mac, and she's a wonderful addition.

4. I wonder if they're going for an arc, or individual mysteries this season.

5. The UPN was completely shafted in this CW deal. WB gets Veronica Mars, and America's Top Model, and UPN doesnt have squat. Granted, America's Top Model is far from quality, but still... WB got the better deal.

Great first episode of the season. And I'll be watching.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 5:43 am  Reply with quote

I'm starting to think we share the same template for TV viweing, Terminal.

I really enjoyed the first two seasons of VM - though the first was infinitely better than the second. And although I also loved Buffy and Angel, I've never once sat through an ep of Beverely Hills or Melrose Place or The OC (just in case I was about to get flamed).

I'm disappointed to hear they've changed the theme song, but won't have a chance to check out the ep until I downloads it over the next couple of days. I'll be back with my 2c then.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:34 am  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
5. The UPN was completely shafted in this CW deal. WB gets Veronica Mars, and America's Top Model, and UPN doesnt have squat. Granted, America's Top Model is far from quality, but still... WB got the better deal.

I'm confused by this statement, as neither the WB nor UPN exist anymore. Nobody got shafted. Those networks are dissolved, gone, finished. CW is a merger between them both, a singular new network. The reason the CW is airing on the station that you normally associate with the WB is that the WB affiliates outnumbered those for UPN. What you now see on the station where UPN used to be is something called "My Network TV." What the WB and UPN employees got was new offices and bigger paychecks, courtesy of the merger.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 2:33 pm  Reply with quote

moderator please delete this post
bschulte
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 3:30 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
You people fucking disgust me. No Veronica Mars thread?

Anyway, who caught the new season premiere?

1. I HATE the new theme song. It's cheesy, and not as catchy.

2. Kristin Bell with the long hair? Delicious.

3. I'm very glad they added Tina Majorino to the cast, finally. She's very talented, I love Mac, and she's a wonderful addition.

4. I wonder if they're going for an arc, or individual mysteries this season.

Great first episode of the season. And I'll be watching.

1. Same here. It sounds like they "WBed" it so the 15 year old girls will like it a little more.

2. Kristen Bell period. That girl is hot!

3. I've always liked the Mac character myself, though including her in the cast wasn't necessary.

4. Your guess is as good as mine. Probably a little from column A, and a little from column B.

5. I'm with Messiahman on this one. There is no WB any more.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:00 pm  Reply with quote

Messiahman wrote:
Terminal wrote:

I'm confused by this statement, as neither the WB nor UPN exist anymore. Nobody got shafted. Those networks are dissolved, gone, finished. CW is a merger between them both, a singular new network. The reason the CW is airing on the station that you normally associate with the WB is that the WB affiliates outnumbered those for UPN. What you now see on the station where UPN used to be is something called "My Network TV." What the WB and UPN employees got was new offices and bigger paychecks, courtesy of the merger.

I know.

But the WB side received the UPN side of the shows. And now the station that was once UPN or CW 2, now has barely nothing.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:01 pm  Reply with quote

bschulte wrote:
1. Same here. It sounds like they "WBed" it so the 15 year old girls will like it a little more.

2. Kristen Bell period. That girl is hot!

3. I've always liked the Mac character myself, though including her in the cast wasn't necessary.

4. Your guess is as good as mine. Probably a little from column A, and a little from column B.

5. I'm with Messiahman on this one. There is no WB any more.

1. Yes, it seems that way.

2. Very.

3. I thought it was a good move.

4. Hah.

5. I'm well aware... grr, nevermind. I'll clarify it later.
Messiahman
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:14 pm  Reply with quote

Terminal wrote:
I know.

But the WB side received the UPN side of the shows. And now the station that was once UPN or CW 2, now has barely nothing.

Dude, there is no WB side, nor is there a UPN side. The CW is BOTH. The station airs on the channel that used to be UPN has absolutely NOTHING to do with CW. "My Network TV" is an entirely separate entity with ZERO connection to CW. It is NOT CW2. They're a soap opera programming net and show Americanized telenovelas every night. Why you insist on thinking that they have anything to do with the CW or the former UPN and WB is beyond me.

The CW was a merger between the two companies to create an entirely new one, and both UPN and WB signed off the air forever weeks ago. Nobody got shafted at all. You're misunderstanding the nature of the new network.
Terminal
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 8:16 pm  Reply with quote

Ah... okay.

I sleep now.
Kaisersoze
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 8:56 am  Reply with quote

So what do we think of the season?

I'm 3 eps in thus far, and I'm reserving judgment (aside from the POS revamped theme song), but it seems okay.