FAQ   Search the Forums   Log in to check your private messages

Recent Headlines

Recent Reviews

Forums Index -> The Terror Tube -> DOCTOR WHO
thedudeabides
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 10:52 am  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope

There is no big secret to what companion will die... it's Donna!

RTD spent all season leading up to this, andno matter how people crow how great RTD is, there is no way he can pull of another swerve and make it work... if he "hints" it's Donna, it is Donna.

Everyone will die...the Daleks will kill people we all know and love...

Then, Donna will sacrifice herself, since she was never to have survived the events in "The Runaway Bride" in the first place.

Since she should be "dead" and her time stream is in constant flux, she willingly (as she did in "Turn Left") sacrifices herself to stop the Daleks and save the Earth.

Afterwards, when the big reset button is pressed and everything goes back to normal, the Doctor breaks a Major Law of Time and goes back in time to when she should have met him, and stops her from becoming a companion.

Then the Doctor tells Donna's grandfather what happened...and Donna is technically still alive, her individual time stream altered - she will never have had the adventures and her time line will be unaffected to a degree... but in the Doctor's world she will be dead - he knows she will be alive in some form, but she will never known all that they have done.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 8:34 pm  Reply with quote

That's the one rumor I read that makes the most sense, but I will admit to being more than just a bit tired of all these damn "reset" buttons that just seem to be floating around the universe.
thedudeabides
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:22 pm  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope

Other than Rose and her massive face ruining any scene she was in I did enjoy the episode a lot.

It was a great build up with lots of action (and a lame actual story but who cares) and Julian Bleach was pretty fucking cool as Davros.

RTD can make empty interesting episodes/shows, that's never been in dispute (to answer a previous post) but his quality is severly lacking when you compare it to the calibre of the Classic "old" show. ANd while the Classic show took real time to make it's fantastic situations believable, this new show presents everything in an ADD style of throwaway exposition.

But...to get back to the episode -

One thing I absolutely LOVED was the real FEAR Jack and Sarah showed when they realized it was the Daleks.

You really never saw such unmitigated fear in people when the Daleks are involved.

Sarah and Jack have seen them do dastardly things, Sarah has two Classic episodes under her where she met the Daleks.

That scene was really well done and powerful, and seeing Jack hug and kiss Gwen and Ianto not out of some lust, but real sorrow was pretty intense...

but not as intense as Sarah weeping and hugging Luke and commenting on how he was "So young." Pretty powerful stuff.

When Davros was revealed to everyone...the Doctor's freezing up and Sarah's trembling - nicely done.

I was hoping they would have some continuity - there's that word again - with Sarah and Davros.
Sarah was tortured by Davros in "Genesis of the Daleks" so seeing her react te way she did actually presented Davros in a more threatening light.

The finale was a bit crowded, and the Doctor didn't do much till the end, but it was entertaining if predictable, even though Donna's fate IS going to be as I described it.

Davros' mask and voice were very good, and that red Supreme Dalek...Hmmmmm wonder what that is about.

Oh and DO NOT BELIEVE THE REGENERATION: David Tennant already filmed his scenes for the upcoming Christmas special. He is the Doctor.
thedudeabides
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:30 pm  Reply with quote
Violent Misanthrope

Oh yeah...the Doctor's hand.

Just imagine... The Doctor "regenerates" and now there's two...

"Our" Doctor stays here...the "Other Doctor" goes off with Rose into her alternate universe...

Hmmmmm...

The upcoming Christmas special has Cybermen...not the real ones but the Alternate Earth ones.

How did they manage to get here again?

Or are we seeing an adventure of the "Other" Doctor? In the other universe?

Only time will tell.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:27 pm  Reply with quote

He'll be 10.5.
RingoJ
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:29 am  Reply with quote

Tennant done as Doctor Who after 2009.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7698539.stm
RingoJ
PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2009 7:10 pm  Reply with quote

Your new Doctor...Matt Smith.

Desdinova
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 3:05 am  Reply with quote

Hmm. The lead singer of "Flock of Seagulls" as Dr. Who. Very Happy

Tennant will be a hard act to follow. Smith's got a lot of work to do in order to impress me.
FilmCritic3000
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 9:43 am  Reply with quote

+

=

Mr. Green

In all seriousness, though, I'll still be watching Doctor Who, especially since Steven Moffat's taken over as showrunner. I'm a huge fan of Coupling and Jekyll was amazing.

Last edited by FilmCritic3000 on Mon Jan 05, 2009 2:02 am; edited 1 time in total
RingoJ
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 7:41 pm  Reply with quote

I doubt he'll sparkle in the sunlight.
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:16 am  Reply with quote

Desdinova wrote:
Hmm. The lead singer of "Flock of Seagulls" as Dr. Who. Very Happy

Tennant will be a hard act to follow. Smith's got a lot of work to do in order to impress me.

He does look like he was in Flock of Seagulls Shocked lol

Still not liking the idea of this new Dr...hard shoes to follow... but as always I will still watch and wish I had a Tardis of my very own Razz
Jim_McD
PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2009 5:02 am  Reply with quote

I really hope they cut the hell out of that hair. I mean, what the hell is that thing on his head? I really hope they didn't cast him to try to be "hip".

horrorqueen85 wrote:
...and wish I had a Tardis of my very own Razz

Which begs the question, where/when would you go?

I've been sitting here for five minutes and can't think of anywhere I'd go. Mostly I'd just want my own Cyberman to go around kicking peoples asses for me.
horrorqueen85
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 12:33 am  Reply with quote

Jim_McD wrote:
I really hope they cut the hell out of that hair. I mean, what the hell is that thing on his head? I really hope they didn't cast him to try to be "hip".

horrorqueen85 wrote:
...and wish I had a Tardis of my very own Razz

Which begs the question, where/when would you go?

I've been sitting here for five minutes and can't think of anywhere I'd go. Mostly I'd just want my own Cyberman to go around kicking peoples asses for me.

I would actually love to go into the future though who knows maybe it will be gone with a nucleur explosion...and I know this is crazy but would love to go to London during the Jack the Ripper time and find out who the hell he was!!! But with my luck would become a victim somehow Laughing
iank
PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:08 am  Reply with quote

Well, this place is refreshing. A bit of healthy scepticism toward the new series, which makes a nice change from the brownnosing that goes on in other places.

I'm with thedudeabides, by the way. Oldskooler finding the new series increasingly dissatisfying. No one seen Planet of the Dead on here yet, then?

You're not missing much, I have to say! Wink
Tshoffie
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:26 pm  Reply with quote

im a huge Doctor who fan and i do love the new series i wish David Tennet wasnt leaving..but i think i love the classic series the best....although i think it would be cool if they could get Sean Pertwee to become the doctor one day